Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

RJALLDAY702's LT Build

Old 09-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #2421
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
i feel like everyone who has changed gearing is blowing up there diffs
Old 09-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #2422
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
All aftermarket gears are weaker than OEM.

But I think RJ blew up a stock R&P also.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #2423
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Not that I huck my truck everywhere but I haven't blown up my aftermarket ones yet. And I still have my OEM ones that are in perfect shape.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #2424
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
thats why you get lifetime warranty on gears!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #2425
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still confused as to how the hell it dented from the inside out. Its too far over to have come from the ring gear:

I say pull the pumpkin and figure out wtf hit it. The housing is fine. Just weld it and call it a day. I wouldn't even hammer it back, just fill the crack. You can weld the fuck out these housings with no special process other than stripping the paint.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #2426
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
duct tape.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #2427
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Did you hit something hard?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #2428
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
Did you hit something hard?
Nothing noticeable?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #2429
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
x2, and knock on wood but I'm keeping my stock 4.10's
Old 09-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #2430
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah Jason, I'm pretty confused myself. As stated everything drives fine. (Mind I only drove it back to camp, and up and off the trailer & to the shop)

Question. Do I need to pull the axles completely out of the truck? (This is what me and Hudson did) But someone at camp said I only need to pull them out so far. I just hate dealing with break line stuff.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #2431
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
Yeah Jason, I'm pretty confused myself. As stated everything drives fine. (Mind I only drove it back to camp, and up and off the trailer & to the shop)

Question. Do I need to pull the axles completely out of the truck? (This is what me and Hudson did) But someone at camp said I only need to pull them out so far. I just hate dealing with break line stuff.
you only have to pull them out about 4 inches. just make sure to rest them on the drum (have a jack stand under them) if you take them half way out or else you mess up the seals from having the axles rest on them.

like so:

Old 09-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #2432
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
All aftermarket gears are weaker than OEM.

But I think RJ blew up a stock R&P also.
I blew a stock gear as well
Old 09-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #2433
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
I want to see a better picture of the crack
Old 09-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #2434
U MAD? OH U MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
you only have to pull them out about 4 inches. just make sure to rest them on the drum (have a jack stand under them) if you take them half way out or else you mess up the seals from having the axles rest on them.

like so:

Word! Thanks Blang.

I'll get some better pictures of it when I'm working on it. It is in such a weird spot.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #2435
triple6 will become famous soon enough

Name: oli
triple6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post

you don't have to pull them out all the way just enough to pull the 3rd out once I pulled them out enough I let them sit on jack stands so there not just hanging there i had to disconnect my brake lines on my truck the fj cruiser guys are lucky they dont have to dissconnect their brake lines when there pulling the axles out enough to get the 3rd out there's a really good write up I followed when I pulled my 3rd out here it is homie

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...rd-member.html
Old 09-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #2436
triple6 will become famous soon enough

Name: oli
triple6's Tacoma Gallery
haha whoops as I was typing what I did on my phone the others guys already answered
Old 09-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #2437
U MAD? OH U MAD

Well, pulled the dif to find this guy just laying in the back of my housing.

All but three of these bolts were so loose

And the sheared out one

I can't really tell for sure if there is any other damage. The gears look fine. But I'm gonna have the differential in Eric's hands tomorrow (yotamasters)
I'm hoping he will work with me because this doesn't seem to be my fault.

The hole in my housing matches almost perfectly to the bolt.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #2438
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #2440
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
You've had great luck with yotamasters haven't you.