LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Toyota Man's 11 DCSB Build

Old 11-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #21
Toyota Man
Toyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Former Reserve Police Officer
Toyota Man's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some updated pics. I have installed the hood scoop, fiberglass tonneau cover, painted mirrors, painted door handles, eyelids. The door handles are easy to install. I was really worried about the door panels and removal. They ended up taking about 10 minutes to install. They add a nice touch to the truck. I would recommend anybody to put them on. Not very expensive either.

I ordered 16x8 Raceline Raptor wheels in chrome, and 285x75x16 Pro Comp Extreme Mud Terrain tires. I also ordered Nerf bars. I will install the bars this weekend. The lift and tires and wheels will be installed on Wenesday.

I will post up more pics once they are done too.

Pic of my buds at work and their taco's White one is 09, Grey on is 10, Mine is an 11'. Hard to believe I started this when I bought the 08'

There are a few more taco's at work their just wasn't enough spaces to put all them side by side.

This is the Downey Kit that is getting installed on Wenesday.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #22
jsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 6th Motor Transport Battalion
Name: Jeff
jsmarine's Tacoma Gallery
Really nice truck! I'm jealous of the supercharger!

Nice coilovers too, although I didn't know Downey suspension was still in business; but maybe I am thinking of a different company.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #23
Toyota Man
Toyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmarine View Post
Really nice truck! I'm jealous of the supercharger!

Nice coilovers too, although I didn't know Downey suspension was still in business; but maybe I am thinking of a different company.
You nailed it. Downey dosent exist anymore. I found the former owner Jim selling off the rest of Downey's inventory on ebay. I picked these up from him there. He said he didn't have anymore of the coil over kits, I got the last one. But he had a butt load of AAl springs still in stock. He is a really nice guy and easy to deal with. He goes by Tojo products on ebay if anybody needs anything. I has alot of random shit on there for sale as well.

I appriciate the complements. I can't wait to get it done. Or at least done for now.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #24
Toyota Man

Here it is finished. I picked it up about 2 hours ago. They did a really nice job on the lift installation. The lift did firm up the truck slightly. I really wanted to firm it but not have it harsh. This kit is perfect. Here are some pics for everybody to look at.

I lifted the front with Downey Coilovers, this included Bilstein 5100 with a custom threaded sleeve on the bottom of the shock with Eibach springs. I also installed diff spacer, sway bar spacer from Toytech

I also installed Light Racing Front Upper Control Arms

The rear end is using Downey add a leaf and Bilstein 5100's back their.

The wheels are Raceline Raptors 16x8 with 4.5" back spacing. Tires are Pro Comp Extreme Mud Terrain tires 285x75x16

Driving forwards there is no problem with hitting anything. I did end up trimming the back part of the fender flare. However when I am backing up and at a full lock I do make contact with the body mount. I may trim the body mount and weld to take all contact away.

The topper is a "Glasstite" tonneau cover, the step bars are from "Big Country"

When the truck was in the shop to have the lift installed they finished the clear bra on the hood and mirrors. They also clear bra'd my eye lids.

I have also started selling the eyelids painted to match your truck. If you look in the sale section I have a thread started there. If anybody is interested your welcome to stop by and let me know you want to be added to the list.

Enjoy!

Old 11-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #26
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build! Sorry to read about your parents. Im excited to see what else you have planned for the truck.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #27
Toyota Man

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I am trying to decide on what I want to do next.

I am thinking about seat covers next and a hidden winch behind the front bumper. I am still waiting on the Satoshi grill too. Any suggestions?
Old 11-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #28
Scorched Earth
mfrantz24 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mfrantz24's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great with that lift and tire upgrade!

You should color match your grille next...
Old 11-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #30
Toyota Man

I am thinking about the Undercover Hidden winch kit next. Warn just sent me an email about the M8000 synthetic winch. I might have to put that up front. I sold my XD9000i about 6 months ago and wanted to get a lower profile winch.

I have also been looking at the URD pulley and some other stuff over that way as well.

I have to send the truck back in to have the body mount chop done by Toyota. They installed the lift and such and promised me the tires wouldn't rub. Well guess what folks they rub when ever I enter a drive way or back up. So they said they have done the chop before mostly on FJ's but would do mine too. So no more rub at all. Yay.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #31
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trey
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
nice rig i love how tall your truck looks what did you set the CO's at 2.5?
Old 11-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #33
Toyota Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG8 View Post
nice rig i love how tall your truck looks what did you set the CO's at 2.5?

CO's are set at 0 with the threaded Downey sleve over the top of that notch. The springs are Eibach springs and then there is a 1/2" spacer plate at the top of the spring. It actually drives and rides better then it did stock. The rear is a Downey add a leaf 2" and it is a little firmer but again drives extremly nice.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #34
Toyota Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjunkie View Post
Awesome truck! Sorry about your parents. That's got to be a tough one.

Thank you! Every day is a strugle but it is getting better. I can't believe how much crap there is to do after a parent dies. Having to take care of both at the same time is over whelming at times.

But I have an awsome wife and great kids my self, and nothing makes the worries go away like having a youngin sitting on your lap and reading bed time stories.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #35
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Great job man! Sorry about ur parents idk how ur still doing it man.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #36
Toyota Man

Well, I bought my homertaco satoshi tonight. Painted to match surround and polished and cleared center section. I hope it comes out looking nice.

I have started a group buy for painted eye lids as well. Got a body shop, might as well use it. If anybody is interested, you might cruise on over to the sale section.

If you need something painted just let me know and I will see what I can do!

I hope everybody has a good christmas and holiday season if I don't hear from you before then!
Old 12-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #37
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin truck man, really want the supercharger.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #38
Toyota Man

Thanks,

best mod I have done to the truck yet!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #39
Toyota Man

Here is the newest mod. I put a homertaco grill and hood scoop matching kit.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #40
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
That's one nice looking pickup man!

Products Discussed in this Thread