1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Man's 11 DCSB Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Toyota Man, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Jul 7, 2012 at 2:37 PM
    Toyota Man

Toyota Man [OP] Toyota Man

Member:
    Oregon, Centeral Willamette Valley
    Vehicle:
    11' DCSB TRD super charged off road
    TRD super charger, TRD cold air intake, and exhaust. Downey coil overs coming soon
    Ok guys I have a long story for you.

Yes the skid plate is definetly getting painted to match!

So here is the story.

I was having problems within the last 2 weeks. I kept blowing fuses for my turn signals. It was random and inconsistant. Some times they would work fine for 3 to 4 days, then at the end they would just blow fuses. I figured I had to have a short somewhere in the system.

I took it in to the shop to have them look at it. They had the truck for about a week and found that when they installed the supercharger and rerouted the factory wiring harness across the firewall that it was rubbing on a stud and actually rubbed thru the wire for my turn signals. They ended up having a tech from down in California from the factory come a help diagnos the problem. I was happy when they called and said it was ready to go. I had them show me here the issue was and what they had done to relocate it again from where the manuel that came with supercharger told them to put it. I saw the solder job they did on the wire and the shrink to fit cover over the wire. All seemed good. I drove the truck home and it remained parked for the last week. I went out this morning and was going to get a tool from my shop building and was standing back to admire my truck when I noticed the dent. This dent was not there before I sent the truck into the shop. I am not happy. I called the service department this morning and the manager wasn't there but he is supposed to call me back Monday.

2. Jul 7, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    jeremy1ns

jeremy1ns Gamecock Tacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Greenwood, SC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport BR
    None yet, but its about to get rolling.
    Shits about to get real.

3. Jul 9, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    :annoyed:

4. Jul 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM
    XPOTRON

XPOTRON Is LIVE on the GRID.

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    IG: @ST3F3NS
    DUROBUMPS Use TRON10 for 10% Off & Free Shipping
    Im sorry for your parents man. This is most certainly an awesome way to remember them! Great build, love the color and of course who doesnt drool over the SC!! I need one! I think ill be hittin you up soon about the sleeper eyelids since they do mesh better and look cleaner than my t-rex2 eyelids :cool:

Edit: oh and this guy above me here ^^^^ def makes some badass lookin grills!

5. Jul 19, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    Toyota Man

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD super charger, TRD cold air intake, and exhaust. Downey coil overs coming soon
    Thank you. Your truck looks very nice too, I enjoyed reading your build. When your ready for some lids let me know.

Be safe on the road, brother!

Craig is one hell of a nice guy and builds some really nice grills. I love mine.

6. Jul 25, 2012 at 9:08 PM
    Toyota Man

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I just finished a group of eyelids and thought since I had the paint gun still out and I had a new skid plate then I might as well apply some more color to the truck.

group8034_307c319c0cdbb6f04572c3dd70309a0624657df7.jpg

7. Jul 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    Toyota Man

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I got the truck back and what they found was when they installed the supercharger per the instructions included the wiring harness had rubbed on a stud coming out of the fire wall. Solder/ heatshrink and signals work as they should. I inspected the rest of the wiring at that point and found all the other wires to be in good shape. We also traced the wiring harness in the engine bay and couldn't find any other placed that should cause anymore trouble.

8. Jul 25, 2012 at 9:28 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Awesome

9. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    Toyota Man

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Here it is installed. I need to get it clear bra'd so it won't chip.

002_023c99a816e2cba504f3cc3e92fe816255641d5e.jpg

10. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:14 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Looks good Don

:thumbsup:

11. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    nice looking front end you've got there.... :cool:

12. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:35 PM
    Toyota Man

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks, I love those high beams on her front end, the rear end at bad to look at either! :cool:

haha, na she is coming together really nice. I saw on your thread and those rear covers for the bed after the bumper removal.

Any chance you get some really good close up's/ shots of the plate on the back side?

13. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:40 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    There are a few in my gallery... If you need detail shots just PM me - I'll be taking them off and having the shop repaint them.... My attempt at painting them myself was kind of a fail... The look ok from 5ft away though.:eek:
    Also painted the lids myself - hence why they are not installed yet... :pout:
    I'll be leaving the painting to the pros from now on.:rolleyes:

14. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:41 PM
    Toyota Man

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hahah, I should have just painted them for you!

15. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:46 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    Yeah... But I kinda wanted to try it once to see how I could to on my own. :eek:

16. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:50 PM
    Toyota Man

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I hear you, I tried building a grill once too! ;)

17. Jul 28, 2012 at 1:00 AM
    XPOTRON

XPOTRON Is LIVE on the GRID.

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    IG: @ST3F3NS
    DUROBUMPS Use TRON10 for 10% Off & Free Shipping
    Looks good!! :thumbsup:

18. Sep 19, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    Corndawg

Corndawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2007 double cab TRD off road Radiant Red
    2.5 inch pro comp lift Cobra XRS 9745 Detector 15 band scanner Pioneer DEH-P6900UB Python 991 remote start/ security. Tinted license plate covers Fog Light Mod PIAA Extreme White 4000K Replacement bulbs Red LED Dome and Map lights LED replacement tail light bulbs Black Weather Tech Floor Liners front and rear
    Dude your Truck is Amazing, I do feel sympathy for your loss.

where did you get the grille ?

19. Sep 19, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    Real Nice Build. . .

Sorry about your parents and I know not a day goes by you don't think of them. Mine are away for 2.5 weeks on vacation international right now and I haven't talked to them for over a week. I couldn't imagine them not coming back. So I feel for you man.

What better way to remember your dad by continuing on with your plans. The date of production sent me chills when I read it.

Kudos man to you and stay strong. They're watching over you.

20. Sep 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    Toyota Man

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thank you sir!

The grill is compliments of Homer Taco. You can pm and he will build you one too.;)

Products Discussed in

To Top