1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 DCSB TRD OR

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by pat5923, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Oct 22, 2011 at 9:25 PM
    pat5923

pat5923 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    long beach
    Vehicle:
    11 tacoma DC 4x4 trd or
    arb bull bar, icon ext travel coilovers, camburg uniball UCA, dakar leafs, ome rear shocks, warn m8000, goodyear duratrac
    [​IMG]

A week old. Just put new Goodyear duratracs 265/75 R16

[​IMG]

Factory TRD Bilsteins with sway bar...getting ready to replace

[​IMG]

Just purchased OME lift with 886 coils and Dakar CS 047 leafs

[​IMG]

Kit was installed solo, with the help of bottle jack that came with truck

[​IMG]

886's and new shocks. I had a tire/suspension shop compress the springs and mount to shocks. It was well worth the 40.00.

[​IMG]

OME lift installed

[​IMG]

Stubbs welding HD SKO weld on sliders. These sliders were around 350.00. Excellent product!!! Had a friend of mine powder coat them for 50.00!!! I can't say enough good things about this product. Spoke the the owner Richard over the phone, and helped me a great deal with product choice. He didn't try to sell up, with his most expensive slider.

[​IMG]

I had Demello offroad weld on the sliders. Jason charged me a fair price, and was very helpful with all my questions. He had it out of his shop in a couple hours!!

[​IMG]

The weld tabs on these sliders are all cut with various angles which strengthens the weld when compared to standard right angle tabs

[​IMG]

The sliders tuck neatly under the truck, and gap was uniform.

[​IMG]

New ARB bullbar plate bumper with fog lights

[​IMG]

Trip to mammoth. Testing out the OME suspension with ARB bull bar

[​IMG]

After testing out the OME suspension I felt more of an upgrade was needed. The front shocks were too bouncy on the highway, and took hits too hard when off-road. This is not to say that the suspension was bad....it was a tremendous improvement over stock. I just wanted more. I opted for the extended travel Icon 2.5 shocks with Camburg 1.25" uniball upper control arms. Downtravel of suspension is more important when off-roading to maintain traction, rather than putting a ridiculous lift with no articulation left in the suspension.

[​IMG]

When I installed the UCA's.... directions stated I needed to trim part of the inner fender well back. I decided to cut it with tin snips and make a tab which I could bend back in place after putting the long bolt through.

[​IMG]

I set the shocks with 2" of thread showing, which is the max recommended height for the standard shock. Since these were the extended travel version I didn't notice a deterioration in ride quality. These shocks are a complete night and day difference from any shock I've ever used. Can't be emphasized enough...awesome!!

[​IMG]

Ride height with Icons at 2" and Dakar leafs that give a lift of 2.75". Dakars will eventually sag....I am told.

2. Nov 4, 2011 at 5:48 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    looking good!

3. Nov 4, 2011 at 8:01 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    wow what a transformation!