Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

2011 DCSB TRD OR

Old 10-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
pat5923 has a brilliant futurepat5923 has a brilliant futurepat5923 has a brilliant futurepat5923 has a brilliant futurepat5923 has a brilliant futurepat5923 has a brilliant futurepat5923 has a brilliant futurepat5923 has a brilliant futurepat5923 has a brilliant futurepat5923 has a brilliant futurepat5923 has a brilliant future

Marines: F co. 2/3
Name: patrick
pat5923's Tacoma Gallery
2011 DCSB TRD OR

A week old. Just put new Goodyear duratracs 265/75 R16

Factory TRD Bilsteins with sway bar...getting ready to replace

Just purchased OME lift with 886 coils and Dakar CS 047 leafs

Kit was installed solo, with the help of bottle jack that came with truck

886's and new shocks. I had a tire/suspension shop compress the springs and mount to shocks. It was well worth the 40.00.

OME lift installed

Stubbs welding HD SKO weld on sliders. These sliders were around 350.00. Excellent product!!! Had a friend of mine powder coat them for 50.00!!! I can't say enough good things about this product. Spoke the the owner Richard over the phone, and helped me a great deal with product choice. He didn't try to sell up, with his most expensive slider.

I had Demello offroad weld on the sliders. Jason charged me a fair price, and was very helpful with all my questions. He had it out of his shop in a couple hours!!

The weld tabs on these sliders are all cut with various angles which strengthens the weld when compared to standard right angle tabs

The sliders tuck neatly under the truck, and gap was uniform.

New ARB bullbar plate bumper with fog lights

Trip to mammoth. Testing out the OME suspension with ARB bull bar

After testing out the OME suspension I felt more of an upgrade was needed. The front shocks were too bouncy on the highway, and took hits too hard when off-road. This is not to say that the suspension was bad....it was a tremendous improvement over stock. I just wanted more. I opted for the extended travel Icon 2.5 shocks with Camburg 1.25" uniball upper control arms. Downtravel of suspension is more important when off-roading to maintain traction, rather than putting a ridiculous lift with no articulation left in the suspension.

When I installed the UCA's.... directions stated I needed to trim part of the inner fender well back. I decided to cut it with tin snips and make a tab which I could bend back in place after putting the long bolt through.

I set the shocks with 2" of thread showing, which is the max recommended height for the standard shock. Since these were the extended travel version I didn't notice a deterioration in ride quality. These shocks are a complete night and day difference from any shock I've ever used. Can't be emphasized enough...awesome!!

Ride height with Icons at 2" and Dakar leafs that give a lift of 2.75". Dakars will eventually sag....I am told.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
wow what a transformation!
welcome