Notices

ALLBLK Taco's Build

Old 10-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
AllBLKTaco will become famous soon enough

Army: 101st Airborne, 3rd ACR Ft Bliss
AllBLKTaco's Tacoma Gallery
ALLBLK Taco's Build

The day I brought her home!

On the way home from the lot, I stopped by my local tire shop and got new tires and some loaner rims while the blasted and powder coated mine!

A blank canvas...

Here she is with the powder coated factory rims and an AVID OFF ROAD light bar. I did a ton of research and found that AVID could and would build anything my heart desired. Brandon at Avid is the best. Cannot say enough good things about those guys!

Changed out the factory grille for that "murdered out" look. Picked up some sliders/step bars from AVID OFF ROAD and added a tool box.

Now for the GOOD stuff. Here she is with a toytec 3inch ultimate lift kit installed by the guys at High Country 4X4 in Englewood, CO. I highly recommend those guys if you're in the Denver area. New grille with "old school" FJ emblem, PIAA 520's, and some high speed low drag Bosch windshield wipers. I almost forgot the blacked out headlight mod. To be honest these are aftermarket. Could'nt bring myself to throw the headlights in the oven and give the DIY mod a try.

Failed to mention the step up in tire size after the lift. Went to Nitto Trail Grappler's 285/70/R-16. Great tire and hardly and sound at high speeds. Almost like factory again.

So remember when I said AVID OFF ROAD would build anything custom? Well here is the proof. I emailed Brandon and sent him a pic of what I was looking for. He just happened to have an 07' DCSB down in AZ he could use to mock up. He took the pic and ran with it and this my friends is what he came up with...

You can see where were going with this right? Living in Colorado is amazing, throw in a young son, camping, off roading, and you've got a recipe for fun. I wanted to be able to just throw up a camp site anywhere and with Brandon's vision and absolute spot on design, I was able to do just that!

Came out pretty sweet. The Roof Top Tent is from EEZI AWN. It's the 1600 and sleeps up to 3 adults and 1 child comfortably. Rotopax 4 gallon gas can. RotoPax Dry Storage Unit/RotoPax first Aid Kit and mounts ALL supplied by Sierra Expeditions in Tempe, AZ. Brandon used Quick Fists to mount an axe and shovel under the platform of the tent. He also designed a removable "storage/tool" box in the front of the bed that houses the mount for the HiLift. There really isn't anything he didn't think of.

After getting her from AZ...

As she sits right now without the tent...

Attached Thumbnails
ALLBLK Taco's Build-img_0736.jpg   ALLBLK Taco's Build-img_0737.jpg   ALLBLK Taco's Build-img_0739.jpg   ALLBLK Taco's Build-img_0740.jpg  
Old 10-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Just ask Cham, nothing is cooler than ALL BLACK!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Great looking rack on there!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
Team no taco
Cinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 9th BN 94th DIV Instructor
Name: Jose
Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Love it! Sick build
Old 11-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #6
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
That is SICK. I love that setup you had Brandon setup. Mind if I ask how much it ran you?
Old 11-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #7

Thanks man. Brandon and the guys at AVID Off-Road are awesome. The rack that he built and had powder coated ended up costing me right around $1000.00. This is including gas down to AZ from CO. You'd have to get a custom quote from Brandon but I bet you're looking right around $750 out the door. The rack is SOLID and bullet proof. Brandon is the MAN!
Old 11-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #8
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
nice looking truck man!

you should bring that rig out to Moab in May with a bunch of us...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...et-2012-a.html

we have a good amount of trucks from the Denver area already planning on heading out there...

May 17-20th...
Old 11-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #9
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Nice bed-rack, looking to get something similar built myself!

Any photos of the hi-lift mounts and such?
Old 01-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
nice looking truck man!

you should bring that rig out to Moab in May with a bunch of us...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...et-2012-a.html

we have a good amount of trucks from the Denver area already planning on heading out there...

May 17-20th...
Thanks man. Sorry for the delayed response, been crazy busy. Thanks for the heads up about Moab. Looks like a great time and if I can get off work (travel for business) I am down. In fact I'll try and get back with you and see when you guys are leaving! Take care. David
Old 01-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post

Thanks! Brandon at AVID OFF ROAD is amazing. Total one off custom piece! I'll take some pics of the hi lift mounts and the axe and shovel mounts he "threw in". I could not have asked for anything better, both FORM and FUNCTION!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #13
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
So sweet man. One of the top trucks on TacoWorld.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #14
jklimek is on a distinguished road
jklimek's Tacoma Gallery
New here, but awesome setup. Have you had a chance to setup the tent and everything in the snow or cold weather since you've had it? How does it hold up in the snow?
Old 01-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklimek View Post
New here, but awesome setup. Have you had a chance to setup the tent and everything in the snow or cold weather since you've had it? How does it hold up in the snow?
I have not tried it yet. It's currently hugging the ceiling of my garage. I plan on taking it to a local CO state park here in a few weeks and I'll let you know how it goes. The Eezi Awn got the best reviews hands down and for the money I paid I'm hoping they're right. Stay Tuned!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
I dig that, down the road I might get a rack similar to that. You have a awesome truck and how heavy is that rack? Awesome build man, awesome!
Thanks brother! The rack is made out of the same light weight materials my sliders and light bar are made of. ALL of which were made by AVID Off Road. If you get a chance check their stuff out, Brandon is the MAN! The rack weighs in right about 150lbs I believe dry. Add the RotoPax cans and gas and it quickly climbs to over 200lbs. I've noticed a little difference in how it handles in the snow. It's actually better with the added weight. Gas mileage has stayed around the same and with the tent on there performance isn't affected all that much. Brandon built it so that the tent doesn't stick up too far and create drag therefore affecting performance and gas mileage. I could not be any happier with the set up! It's one of a kind for NOW...
Old 01-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post

Just added a couple of pics...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...cos-build.html
Old 01-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #19
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
badass!!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #20
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
That rack is awesome!!! I spoke to Brandon about a year ago about building me a rack like that but I failed to come up with the money and put the project on the back-burner.