Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Bridgcat's TRD Build...

Old 01-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #21
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
nice build man!!! i never noticed how much wider you made your rear tailgate decal...mines about 4-5 in.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #23
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
Thanks man! Yeah...it's about 6 inches wide!
damn...mines almost the same width as the "original" (if you wanna call it that lol) its just slightly bigger as well as the "TOYOTA" sign
Old 01-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #24
yota new.o is on a distinguished road

Name: joe
yota new.o's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had previously owned a 2007 Silver Streak Double Cab TRD Offroad Prerunner. It was a great truck but I got to the point of hating the color and kicking myself in the backside for not getting a 4x4. While I was offshore at work my wife did something amazing for me without my knowledge. She went out and traded the 2007 in on a 2010 MGM Double Cab TRD Offroad 4x4 w/ the towing package. She started modding it for me (all without my knowledge). She had the dealer take my wheels and tires off (Cooper Discoverer ST & Moto Metal 951B) and put onto the new truck. Then she bought me a black American Aluminum LP toolbox, Aries black bull bar, in channel window visors, N-Fab nerf bars, weather-tech digital fit floor liners and had them all installed. She knew I always wanted and liked mud tires but I never got them on the 2007 because I didn't see a point in having an MT on a 2 wheel drive so she went out and bought me some 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT's (she knew I loved Cooper tires, gave the old ones to my buddy) and had them thrown on. She also had my system and in dash dvd player (Pioneer dvd player and 2 rockford fosgate 10's) taken out of the 2007 and had my buddy install it for me. Needless to say I was shocked at her actions when I got home and very VERY happy. I ended up tossing the chrome badges and grill and got a color matched grill. I got some TRD all terrain decals and a custom tailgate decal with matching font from sock and put them on. Then I got rid of the chrome monstrosity of a bumper and got a new one and color matched it. I gave my bull bar to my buddy and put on an avid offroad lightbar that I had line-x'd. I got sick o the moto metals so I traded with a fellow member for their TRD Beadlock wheels.

Future Mods:
1. OME or Toytec ULK with rear Dakar Leaf Springs & Uniball UCA's
2. 285/75R16 BFG A/T
3. Tint
4. Leather Seats

lol does your wife have any sisters? love the truck one of toyota's best colors imo
Old 01-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #25
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota new.o View Post
lol does your wife have any sisters?
^^^^ haha this!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #27
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Haha well thats no bueno! Where at in Alabama are you? Do you ever go to any of the meets around there?
Old 01-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #33
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
NICEEEE looking truck. Even better wife and she didnt just get it but STILL surprised you with it. Can she design my truck build? I can never make decisions
Old 01-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #34
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
14 days on and 14 days off....about the change to 21 days on and 21 days off though.
HAHA thats how she surprized you.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #37
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
looks good!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #39
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
hey man just curious about ur exhaust setup. did you just have them cut the y pipe before it converges and then just run it straight back with 2 straight pipes? or did you just run a separate y pipe from where the "cat back" is connected?

wondering this because i am thinking of having the y pipe cut before it converges and then run true duals straight back...
Old 02-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #40
bridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: If I told you....I'd have to kill you. ;-)
bridgcat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
hey man just curious about ur exhaust setup. did you just have them cut the y pipe before it converges and then just run it straight back with 2 straight pipes? or did you just run a separate y pipe from where the "cat back" is connected?

wondering this because i am thinking of having the y pipe cut before it converges and then run true duals straight back...
The ran the y pipe right after the mufflers. I wanted to keep the stock mufflers because I pretty much just like the look of dual pipes and don't care much for a loud truck (hunting). I had true dual (no mufflers) on my 2007 and grew to hate it so I had them put the mufflers back on. It was annoyingly loud. With the setup I have now it is deeper and a little more throatier than normal but not super noticeable and not loud and annoying at all.