Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The building of a truck (carcharias' build)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #21
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Thanks, OZ!

Good time for deals. Bought mine at America's Tire (Discount Tire Direct), who's a vendor on here. Heck you may need strong KM2s for the lava rock you have on that island....
Lol yep I tore I my rugged trails real good last fishing trip. Km2's do well here
Old 08-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #22
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good Mike, I like what you have done.
I'm running my 255 KM2s at 38 on road & 18 front 15 rear when off road.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #23
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
What are you guys doing when you get back to the trailhead to reinflate your tires? I carry one of those ciggarette lighter pumps for emergencys but I can't see using it much more than that and the occasional bike tire.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #24
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae111black View Post
What are you guys doing when you get back to the trailhead to reinflate your tires? I carry one of those ciggarette lighter pumps for emergencys but I can't see using it much more than that and the occasional bike tire.
I don't know about Mike but I use a MasterFlow cigarette lighter pump that re-inflates all 4 in about 20 to 30 min. That's if I don't go with someone that has on board air or there are several trails around here that have a gas station less than 1/8 mile down the road with free air.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:52 AM   #25

Quote:
I don't know about Mike but I use a MasterFlow cigarette lighter pump that re-inflates all 4 in about 20 to 30 min. That's if I don't go with someone that has on board air or there are several trails around here that have a gas station less than 1/8 mile down the road with free air.
I was thinking about doing in board air for such an occasion..... OP sorry for the derail

None of the trails I do have a gas station near by so something reliable is key.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #26
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks, Randy! Great to know about what you run your tires at! I was at 25psi for a bit of desert fun the other week and didn't seem to have a problem. You dip them down the same for sand as well as rock? Also, why the difference between front & rear?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was thinking about doing in board air for such an occasion..... OP sorry for the derail

None of the trails I do have a gas station near by so something reliable is key.
Heck, Kimo, I don't care about thread derailment as long as I learn something!
I just bought a Viair 400P that connects to my battery. Haven't tested it out yet, though. So far, the trails by my place have gas stations somewhat nearby.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #27
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Thanks, Randy! Great to know about what you run your tires at! I was at 25psi for a bit of desert fun the other week and didn't seem to have a problem. You dip them down the same for sand as well as rock? Also, why the difference between front & rear?
For sand rock or dirt. Softer ride & better traction.
I don't drop the front as much because of more weight up front & I figure the front would be mor likely to pop a bead.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:44 AM   #28
RECTIFIED
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Uniden 520XL w/ Wilson Lil' Wil antenna:

PA speaker for CB which needed a 3.5mm jack soldered in:
You have a write up for this? im just starting to look through your build Your truck looks good man!!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #29
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
You have a write up for this? im just starting to look through your build Your truck looks good man!!
Aw, sorry I'm getting back to you too late, man. No, I paid $100 to have someone install it, but it really didn't look to be that difficult. Not a bad setup.

QUESTION FOR FOLKS HERE:
Every part of my truck now squeaks like a jalopy. I've read to hit the suspension w/ WD-40, brake fluid, etc. What's the consensus on what I should use and where should I put it in the suspension?
Old 12-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #30
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Which supplies did you buy exactly for the PA system?
Old 12-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #32
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
So you can use the PA system, and then can you switch it off and use it as a normal CB? With the sound projecting inside the truck instead of thru the PA?
Old 12-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #34

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
For that switch, can you do that on the CB or do you have to do it separately?
Old 12-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #37
Yotaless is on a distinguished road
Yotaless's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck I really like the wheel and tire choice makes the look of the whole truck.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #38

Quote:
Have fun with the CB! And merry Christmas!
Thanks, Kimo! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaless View Post
Awesome truck I really like the wheel and tire choice makes the look of the whole truck.
I appreciate that! Took a while to decide on both of those, but I couldn't be happier!

Products Discussed in this Thread