LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

[S2] Photo Journal of my Tacoma

Old 11-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
s2studio is on a distinguished road

s2studio's Tacoma Gallery
[S2] Photo Journal of my Tacoma

Hi TWforum! I've been stalking around for a long time, and figured that since I've gotten a lot from this forum already it's time for me to contribute back.

So here goes:

I got my 06 dc 6sp tacoma almost two years ago now. I originally had no intentions on modifying it...until I found this forum

Here's how the taco looked when I first brought it home

I have done a few things already:

Kenwood DVD/Nav
Front skid plate
BHL's
Satoshi grill
Rear led taillights
Wrapped rear bumper
D-rings

Here's what the truck looks like right now

I really just stay on the road with the truck, mainly using it as a hauler to get to the track...

Well that's about it for now. Hopefully I'll be able to update this thread as I'm planning some new mods this winter. Thanks for looking!

-Steven
Old 11-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #2

First question to my peeps

So after looking through a few tacomas with the blacked out front valence, I wanted to maybe try it out too...

But my question to you guys is should I leave my front skid plate the silver or black it out as well??? I've seen both and I just wanted to hear back from my fellow members on their opinion...

what it looks like now

my two options...

what say you guys?
Old 11-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #3

and plz excuse bad photoshoop
Old 11-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
Señor Fresco
DannyBFresco is on a distinguished road

Name: Danny
DannyBFresco's Tacoma Gallery
I was planning on blacking out my front valence this winter too. To answer your question though, I like the way the blacked out skidplate looks more than the stock
Old 11-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #6
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
i like the black skid plate.. esp if ur going for the black out look. sick taillights btw!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
htowntaco23 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
htowntaco23's Tacoma Gallery
What might look cool is if you paint the valence and color match the skid plate to the rest of the truck
Old 11-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntaco23 View Post
What might look cool is if you paint the valence and color match the skid plate to the rest of the truck
Intriguing option! Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvTEA View Post
Option 1, I think if the skid plate is painted black it blends in and you can't even tell that it's there. My $.02
Yeh, that was one of my "concerns" as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayNnite4 View Post
i like the black skid plate.. esp if ur going for the black out look. sick taillights btw!!!
Thanks man! They are not bad for ebay ones I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Option #1

Looks better in my opinion. Great truck man!
Appreciate it man! Thanks for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBFresco View Post
I was planning on blacking out my front valence this winter too. To answer your question though, I like the way the blacked out skidplate looks more than the stock
I think I'm going with a vinyl wrap, are you painting or wrapping?
Old 11-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #10
htowntaco23 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
htowntaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2studio View Post
Intriguing option! Thx
Ive never seen it done before and just thought it would be a cool contrast
Old 11-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
wrapped rear bumper?
Old 11-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #12
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Ive never seen it done before and just thought it would be a cool contrast
not to be party pooper and this is just my .02 but it doesnt look great.theres a local guy where i live that did that (SW truck, black valence, white skidplate). the skidplate is going to collect alot of dirt and grim being that low to the ground so good luck keeping it clean. and when its dirty it looks like poo. good idea though and if you like it, its your truck go for it! i personally just think its a bad idea and that your better off painting it black! good job so far though looks good!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
wrapped rear bumper?
Yessir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwhite10 View Post
not to be party pooper and this is just my .02 but it doesnt look great.theres a local guy where i live that did that (SW truck, black valence, white skidplate). the skidplate is going to collect alot of dirt and grim being that low to the ground so good luck keeping it clean. and when its dirty it looks like poo. good idea though and if you like it, its your truck go for it! i personally just think its a bad idea and that your better off painting it black! good job so far though looks good!
Thanks for the input! That is a good point since I rarely wash my truck now that I live in Richmond...
Old 11-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #14
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2studio View Post
Yessir!

Thanks for the input! That is a good point since I rarely wash my truck now that I live in Richmond...
Im not trying to discourage you by any means. But yeah if you hardly wash it (me too Haha) then all im saying is I wouldn't. Do what you think looks good!
Old 11-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #16
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck. i’m going with #1 and nice sport bike BTW!
Old 11-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #17
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Is it just wrapped in vinyl? How much was it?
Old 11-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
Is it just wrapped in vinyl? How much was it?
I got my vinyl during a sale from stickercity

http://www.stickercity.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
nice truck. i’m going with #1 and nice sport bike BTW!
Muchos gracias! And here's a photo of the bike on the track

Old 11-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwhite10 View Post
I might be able to find a picture of the guy im talking about so you can at least see what it'll look like
haha that would be good, but no need to go out of your way either