Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Evil Monkey's Silver Streak Mica

Old 11-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #1
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Evil Monkey's Silver Streak Mica

Here's a shot of it new with a Westin Bed Extender (my first mod):

Bakflip G2:

Bakflip G2 (opened):

Weathertech front & rear floor mats:

Hi-lift jack:

Rear spring TSB:

Bilstein 5100s set at 2.5"

Grillcraft upper & lower grill:

Lights behind Grillcraft Grill:

KMC XD 795 Hoss wheels, Light Racing UCA & Toytec Bilstein coilovers:

Phoenix Gold 1000 watt amp mounted behind the rear passenger side seat back (installed by Romancito104). I already have four Polk Audio Momo speakers installed:

Painted the bumper with Duplicolor bedliner:

Sockmonkey decals:

I painted all the tailgate emblems black (I used the bedliner).

My next upgrades will include a Subwoofer with amp, a Toytec Add-A-Leaf for the TSB trucks (coming Monday), and some new tires (I'm thinking about the Definity Dakota MTs from Pep Boys).

Edit: Added the tires:

Mounted a Maglite and an emergency glass break/seat belt cutter on the side of the driver's seat:

Started adding RaamMat and Ensolyte to the doors:

Covered up the large holes with Aluminum flashing (Home Depot):

Replaced the Hella driving lights with Slimcubby's Off-Road HIDs (6000K).

Put on the Toytec Add-a-leaf for TSB trucks:

Painted Grill Surround Silver:

Installed six Oznium LED Floodlights in the bed:

Loteck Gauge Pod with Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge and a Whistler Fuzion radar detector.

Removed the JL Audio Cleansweep and the stock head unit and replaced it with a Pioneer PRS-880 head unit mounted in a black Scoshe dash kit.

Added an iPod adapter for my new head unit.

Added some CBI sliders:

New Leer XR Shell:

Thule Tracker II bars (50")

Cab Mount Chop:

Built Right Uniball UCAs:

Bed platform for camping. Removeable in about 5 minutes.

Thule Moab basket:
Attached Thumbnails
Evil Monkey's Silver Streak Mica-leer-shell-2.jpg  
Old 11-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
that font for the decals sure looks good
It does. I saw the decal on another silver trd and knew I had to have that one. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2008, 03:27 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
nice ride and mods Rob!!!! truck looks awesome!!! the definity dakota m/t tires look awesome and have great tread too. if you get them...let us know how you like them man. i may get a set later on.

one question.......are you gonna leave the grill surround chrome, or are you gonna bedline it or paint it black?
Old 11-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is looking real nice, good job on everything.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good!
Old 11-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
nice ride and mods Rob!!!! truck looks awesome!!! the definity dakota m/t tires look awesome and have great tread too. if you get them...let us know how you like them man. i may get a set later on.

one question.......are you gonna leave the grill surround chrome, or are you gonna bedline it or paint it black?
I've read decent reviews of that tire. Plus it has a 40K mile warranty (which I haven't seen on a mud terrain tire). The only downside I've read is that it's a 2-ply tire (more vulnerable?). I'm also not sure if they come in 285/75r16 (I think the largest is 265/75R16). For the price though they're hard to beat. Plus, Pep Boys currently has a buy 3 get one free deal.

I'm going to paint the grill surround. I'm not sure yet if I'll do black or silver. I've thought about bedlining it too. I also have a can of silver streak mica coming that I've thought about using to try and color match it to the truck.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
I've read decent reviews of that tire. Plus it has a 40K mile warranty (which I haven't seen on a mud terrain tire). The only downside I've read is that it's a 2-ply tire (more vulnerable?).

I'm going to paint the grill surround. I'm not sure yet if I'll do black or silver. I've thought about bedlining it too. I also have a can of silver streak mica coming that I've thought about using for it try and color match it to the truck.
ah, cool.....the grill surround will look great either way i think man. and for those tires.....only 2 ply?? i thought all m/t tires were 6 ply??? hmmmm......well either way, if they are 2ply........i wouldnt take them rock climbing, but regular mudding should be fine. maybe they come in an lt tire size...........and those are more than 2 ply i think.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #10
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Good lookin taco, Nice work!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #11
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Seeing that Im from San Diego too, I would remember a truck like that! Sweet A$$ ride. Seriously. It's nice to see someone go the extra mile to make theirs look different in a city where a tacoma is on every other street.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #12
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Damn rob nice additions truck looks real sweet. but my question for you is what happened to the fj trd rims? thought you were getting those
Old 11-15-2008, 06:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Damn rob nice additions truck looks real sweet. but my question for you is what happened to the fj trd rims? thought you were getting those
Alll of the places I looked stopped selling them unless you had an FJ Special Edition VIN number. Of the places that were selling them (eBay), the prices were getting a little too crazy ($700-$800 for 4 rims). So I started looking into other wheels and found these for ~$500. Plus, I looked into them a little more and some people were complaining that they scratch up very easy.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #16

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Now to work on those credit card bills.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #17
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Oic still good choice of rims!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
Alll of the places I looked stopped selling them unless you had an FJ Special Edition VIN number. Of the places that were selling them (eBay), the prices were getting a little too crazy ($700-$800 for 4 rims). So I started looking into other wheels and found these for ~$500. Plus, I looked into them a little more and some people were complaining that they scratch up very easy.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:49 PM   #19
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force Auxiliary)
PhoenixCadet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PhoenixCadet
That looks great!