Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TacomaChris's Build :-)

Old 02-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #41
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I really like all that clearance you got with the spindles. Looks awesome. I went through your list of parts and you got everything right in my opinion. All excellent parts without getting too crazy. I used 5100's and Eibachs with my bracket lift and it all works well together. I put spindles on my Frontier and they really are the way to go with PreRunners.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #42
ajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ajan246's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
- Wheel backspacing is 4.5"

- Front wheels/tires are out ~ 1 inch compared to the rear (due to the spindles). I have no spacers in the rear because it looks fine to me

- I have the All-Pro expos not the standards (apparently roughly a 4" lift vs 3"). I bought the Bilstein 5125 11" travel shocks...keep in mind the adapters add about 1-1.5 inches of length also

- No probs with the new brake lines. Camburg sent me a set when I ordered my spindles and I also purchased a set for the rear from All-Pro...both stainless braided. Make sure you use a flare wrench so as not to strip them

- The spindles were good to go...I just had to grind a really small section off of the welds so the caliper would fit flush on the new spindles. It only took about a minute using a Dremel with a small grinding wheel

All in all this is what I purchased:
- Spindles w/swaybar provision & front ext brake lines from Camburg
- All-Pro expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, & ext rear brake lines from All-Pro
- Adjustable 5100s for the front from DownSouth Motorsports
- 5125s for the rear(11 inch travel) from Allshocks.com
- Loop to stem adapters for rear from anyoffroadparts.com
- 3 degree shims for rear & 1/4 inch top plate spacer for driver's side Taco lean from Toytec
- KMC Enduro 16x8 from Amazon
- 285/75/16 General Grabber AT2 from TireRack.com

Hey man thanks so much for this. You should be flattered I am going to steal your lift setup!

Just gotta save up and piece it together. I'll probably get the spindles first then the aal, then shocks.

thanks again man I really appreciate it!
Old 02-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #43
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajan246 View Post
Hey man thanks so much for this. You should be flattered I am going to steal your lift setup!

Just gotta save up and piece it together. I'll probably get the spindles first then the aal, then shocks.

thanks again man I really appreciate it!
No problem...you'll enjoy the Camburg/All-Pro setup - it's bad ass and rides great. Good luck with your lift!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #45
jgray is on a distinguished road
Name: josh
jgray's Tacoma Gallery
So you can't run these spindles on 4wd's?..
Old 02-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #48
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
So you can't run these spindles on 4wd's?..
Negative..these are 2wd only
Old 02-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
look sick man
Thanks man - your truck is sick also...I was soooo close to getting a speedway blue truck until my wife chimed in...damn it!!! lol

I just got the NFAB spare tire carrier and it came with a speedway blue strap haha! Looks like chit on my truck but would look nice on the blue.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
enduros are frickin sweet!! nice truck.
Thanks man...yeah I'm diggin the Enduros so far
Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #51
milo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the rough

Name: myles
milo39's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
- Wheel backspacing is 4.5"

- Front wheels/tires are out ~ 1 inch compared to the rear (due to the spindles). I have no spacers in the rear because it looks fine to me

- I have the All-Pro expos not the standards (apparently roughly a 4" lift vs 3"). I bought the Bilstein 5125 11" travel shocks...keep in mind the adapters add about 1-1.5 inches of length also

- No probs with the new brake lines. Camburg sent me a set when I ordered my spindles and I also purchased a set for the rear from All-Pro...both stainless braided. Make sure you use a flare wrench so as not to strip them

- The spindles were good to go...I just had to grind a really small section off of the welds so the caliper would fit flush on the new spindles. It only took about a minute using a Dremel with a small grinding wheel

All in all this is what I purchased:
- Spindles w/swaybar provision & front ext brake lines from Camburg
- All-Pro expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, & ext rear brake lines from All-Pro
- Adjustable 5100s for the front from DownSouth Motorsports
- 5125s for the rear(11 inch travel) from Allshocks.com
- Loop to stem adapters for rear from anyoffroadparts.com
- 3 degree shims for rear & 1/4 inch top plate spacer for driver's side Taco lean from Toytec
- KMC Enduro 16x8 from Amazon
- 285/75/16 General Grabber AT2 from TireRack.com
ha.. i was going to ask you about the backspace too. he got to it first! ive been looking for someone with this setup. ive wanted this setup but i was affraid the 285s wouldnt fill up the gap and couldnt find someone with pics like this but your truck looks awesome with the 5100s set at .85! i feel much better knowing now what it will look like when i get the money to lift my truck! once again nice truck!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiroua View Post
Minus the rims/tires, was this setup roughly $1600-$1700?
It was right around $2K I believe...all of the little crap adds up (shims, adapters, flip kit). Also, shipping for the leafs was not cheap
Old 03-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #54
Geaux Tigers
pgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Royce
pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
What is the "taco lean"? Is the drivers side lower than the passenger? I have not noticed this before...
Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #55
Surfside77 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Airman
Surfside77's Tacoma Gallery
cost of build

Truck Looks great, what was the total cost of the total lift only??? Thanks

The day I brought her home:

I put the following on my truck (2 days of install time):
- Camburg spindles w/swaybar provision
- 5100's up front set at .85
- All Pro expo leafs
- 5125's in the rear w/loop to stem adapters
- Extended brake lines both front and rear
- Black 16x8 KMC Enduro wheels
- General Grabber AT2 - 285/75/16

I had never done this before so I took my time to make sure I didn't miss anything. I will say this - ideally you need 2 or more people for a project like this. Installing the expo springs by myself was a huge pain in the ass so I had to get creative and use storage boxes to hold one end of the spring up while installing the other end. Lot's of cussing and I think I pulled a groin muscle installing the rear end. Spindles took just a tad bit of grinding near the weld where the calipers fit on. Brake lines in the rear are a major pain unless you have Inspector Gadget arms and baby hands.

Here she is after I brought her home from the wheel/tire install and the alignment

Things I still need to do:
- Re-install Tacoma badges (painted them black)
- Paint the rusty front hubs black (or may cut my center caps and shove them in, they are waaay too long)
- Trim my antenna because I almost broke it off pulling into my garage[/QUOTE]
Old 03-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
nice!!! the truck looks solid man!!!

edit: ...and leave the badges off!!! looks clean!!!

Yeah I decided some time ago that the badges were staying off - to be honest, I can't even remember where I put them
Old 03-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #58
milo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the rough

Name: myles
milo39's Tacoma Gallery
how tall is your truck? just wondering which parking garages ill be able to fit into.. lol
Old 03-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo39 View Post
how tall is your truck? just wondering which parking garages ill be able to fit into.. lol
Stock Tacoma height + ~ 4.5 inch lift + ~ 1.5 inch radius diff for bigger tires. To be honest man I don't know. It fits in my garage just fine and I just stayed in a hotel this past week and it fit in the parking garage. I wondered if I was going to clear the "clearance" sign but I did
Old 04-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #60

Added new pics of my N-FAB tire carrier on first page