Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Spoonman SuperWhite DCLB

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #741
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
My gas milage sucks with 3:73. Rpms are great right now! About 1700 rpm at 60mph. Low rpm but no power, and have to give it more throttle to keep that speed.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #742
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Followed on Insta
Old 01-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #743
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks guys!

Alright, a few people have asked for more info on this snorkel.

I got this snorkel from expeditioneers. It's an airflow Australia/America snorkel. Special fit for 05+ tacomas. And the fit is good. Didn't take much to get this thing mounted.

Mark @ expeditioneers has it shipped asap after he got payment. And it arrived early een with a day delay due to weather.

I guess I didn't get a pic of the contents of the bag, but you get pretty much everything you need to get it hooked up. I had to custom do mine inside the engine bay due to fact I already messed around with my factory intake.

The install is quite simple. You get a template that you put over the fender. Mark your holes, double check, and start drilling.

Drill these holes. Then make one of them huge. 105mm hole saw.

Boom.

Have a friend break his arm and back struggling with that top nut.

Tighten nuts, plumb it up with supplied parts, and go. Fitment is tight to the body.

I didn't put on the a-pillar attachment, it vibrates a tiny bit but I don't feel like drilling the a-pillar. It's pretty sturdy as is.

I trimmed down about 3/4" off the height of the hat, so it sits a little lower closer to roof height. Looks perfect to me.

I then put some electrical tape over the clamp to clean it up.

I put some trim around the big 105mm hole too, worked perfect! Great clearance and there's no sharp edge to rub through.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #744
Do you even wheel Bro?
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
Dont forget to eat crappy food while doing this too!

This kit is way easier to install compared to the Safari Snorkel. I was and am not of a fan of the way the Safari kit gets piped in.

This kit with a little finesse and some common sense fits together pretty nice!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #745
13th wunder
chyknees will become famous soon enough
chyknees's Tacoma Gallery
Saw the new snorkel on IG! Looks even better on a computer screen then my phone.

my IG is mynameisjarel
Old 01-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #746
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
captain obvious has arrived.
I'm going to punch you right in the wiener next time I see you.

Sadly it'll probably be the most action you've seen in a while and I'll probably promptly get asked out to dinner.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #747
BroBraBlahBlah

Oh you'd be surprised my friend
Old 01-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #748
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
I over this truck on instagram
Old 01-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #749
rawdog has a spectacular aura aboutrawdog has a spectacular aura about

Name: Steve
rawdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks dude! Nice 2012!
Man! its a 13!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #750
BroBraBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
I over this truck on instagram
I could say te same about yours, my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog View Post
Man! its a 13!
how dare I! My apologies

Good news everyone!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #751
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
followed on the gram! awesome taco
Old 01-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #752
Do you even wheel Bro?
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
You can thank that Reno guy for being an Axel Donor. Hahaha he's too broke to pay off the LT kit right now anyhow.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #753
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Good news everyone!
Can't read that without thinking...

Old 01-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #754
BroBraBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeeno403 View Post
You can thank that Reno guy for being an Axel Donor. Hahaha he's too broke to pay off the LT kit right now anyhow.
But of course! Couldn't have done it without ya! So glad to have REAL 2wd again. Next is to make it an even 4.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 PM   #755
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I could say te same about yours, my friend!
Shit, Trade me tacoma's and current places of residence..
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Can't read that without thinking...

God, this totally just worked on me.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #756
BroBraBlahBlah

Old 01-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #757
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
whatcha got there bub?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #758
BroBraBlahBlah

Old 01-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #759
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 01-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #760
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
SWEET! Can't read the CCs?

Products Discussed in this Thread