Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Spoonman SuperWhite DCLB

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #1401
tacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
tacom08's Tacoma Gallery
Cool thread here.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #1402
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Bumper Picture
Why not just extend that and go psuedo-H/C?

Matt
Old 07-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #1403
LOW.LIGHT.WIDE
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
mrbeggins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ooo what's going on in this photo? Minor snip snip with the cut off wheel?
Old 07-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #1404
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeggins View Post
Ooo what's going on in this photo? Minor snip snip with the cut off wheel?
I imagine he's getting ready for a HC rear plate bumper.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #1405
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Nah, there won't be any bed cutting just yet. I don't see the point since my bumper isn't a high clearance. I like the look of the side pieces. Some beefy welded ones would be cool.

And on that thought, just got a cool ideafor strengthening those side piece, but then I'd have to make them bolt on :/
Old 07-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #1406
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Helped my friend put his diff skid on his 4runner

Then checked out my truck underneath

Greased ujoints
Checked my front end
Greased a couple things
Discovered my left rear Allpro leaf pack is damaged. It's clunking and spreading unlike the other side.
Glued on rear bumps earlier today

I'm glad I have a nice clean interior.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #1407
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 314MXG
Name: ethan
ethanfoy's Tacoma Gallery
your truck will be the reason i will get a new tacoma. Its just so BA. Best looking second gen ive ever seen. but the interiors on them are so plain.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #1408
BroBraBlahBlah

Less stuff to clean and go wrong!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #1409
BroBraBlahBlah

Kinda want to get myself an engine oil cooler as well.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #1411
BroBraBlahBlah

I'll get the factory hook up thing for it, that sits under the oil filter, and I'll did an aftermarket cooler. The factory one just puts it through the intake manifold which is not extremely effective. I'll go to mopac to find a suitable cooler. I'm going to grab an electric fan for these 3. However finding a place to mount three coolers will be interesting.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #1413
BroBraBlahBlah

I'll price the factory one first, that's pretty much the exact same thing. Then I get to buy some expensive -AN fittings too.

I'm currently looking for places to mount these coolers. Shit I'm tight for room :|

This is my best solution for the tranny and p/a cooler so far. Trying to avoid blocking the rad. I've had overheating issues in the past. If I can find a more creative place I'm open to suggestions. As I said I'm looking for a little fan, but I won't be able to use one with this setup. If I can mount the 3 coolers together, with the fan behind them, that would be ideal. But am I ever strapped for space. I reallllyyy don't want to put them in front of the radiator/condenser.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #1415
BroBraBlahBlah

What bed rack...? And I thought of running them further out, but that's a huge pain in the ass.

I'm thinking. What's better/worse....

1. Having the tranny and p/s cooler partially in front of the rad, with no fans behind them, and really only providing cooling on the highway

2. Having the tranny and p/s cooler blocking the rad a little more, but with a small electric fan behind them, so they're getting worked full time. But sacrificing some cooling to the rad.

3. I could put the tranny and p/s cooler between the condenser and rad, so they all get some highway cooling, and some cooling on the trail. but possibly some disruption to rad flow.

Should I just mount them in front of the ac condenser and have the space between the rad and condenser for pulling air through the rad. Ugh options.

My ideal setup is the aux coolers mounted somewhere remote with the electric fan pulling air through them. And the rad unobstructed

Give opinions people!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #1416
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
Mount in a safe location with an aux fan. I've done this for various cars in the past, never a 4x4 rig, but always had great luck going that route. Also, adding a little extra line only adds more fluid hence adding stability to your cooling system (less fluctuations).
Old 07-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #1417
BroBraBlahBlah

I need a place to mount them...hmmmmm....
Old 07-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #1418
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
mourning is usually done at the funeral home
Old 07-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #1419
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I need a place to mount them...hmmmmm....
build a bed rack and mount em baja style with fans sure its a little more fluid but then your not blocking other things that you want to maintain airflow through
Old 07-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #1420
BroBraBlahBlah

A bed rack isn't practical for me. I need to do something though....

Products Discussed in this Thread