Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Spoonman SuperWhite DCLB

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #1641
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Looooove it.

Most of the roads here are 60mph. I do 60 and its perfect there. Anything above 60 and the mileage goes down. Feels like stock around town, and on the highway. Smooth still too.
awesome, thanks for the help making my decision on gears. going to be sending my spare diff and front clamshell for gears and lockers soon, and ordering my front and rear lt kits, plus bumpers, skids and finishing my sliders. have to get it all ready for winter wheeling.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #1642
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that sounds like it'll be ready
Old 09-07-2013, 11:50 PM   #1643
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
yeah saving for a couple years, now its time to do one major build and hopefully not have to redo anything afterwards, will only have to get it caged but that will probably happen either next fall or winter if i decide to do it.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #1644
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That's madness. Cage would be nice to have. What kind of LT in front are you going to use?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #1645
still undecided on how wide i want to go, if 3.5 over per side it will be the dirt designs kit, if 2 over per side im leaning towards total chaos cause of the stainless 1 inch uniballs, since nobody makes 1.25 uniballs in stainless for the allpro kit.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #1647
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post

At LEAST a rear locker. Front is optional. maybe try to find a rear axle from a TRD-OR. and do an ARB front.-CHECK!
Was wondering what steered you away from getting a rear axle from a TRD-OR, ive been looking into this option as a cheaper way to lock my rear TRD sport. I havnt had much luck in finding ANYONE that has done this.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #1648
That's because an arb in the non elocker housing is way stronger, and you don't have to worry about spinning bearings.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #1649
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
For someone that will only need the locker for 5% of the wheeling i do.. i dont think the price of an ARB is entirely worth it. But i want a locker for that 5% cuz it might save my ass a winching from my brothers jeep :P
Old 09-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #1650
BroBraBlahBlah

Way more simple to go with arb. Glad I didn't use a trd rear end. Whole rear axle must be replaced, then the wiring, switches, harnesses, blah blah blah. Arb is really simple!
Old 09-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #1651

Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
yeah but for the mild wheeler, whats the cost comparison? maybe its not worth it to swap at all but there's a wrecker near by that has these axles as far as i know
Old 09-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #1652
BroBraBlahBlah

Well if you can do it cheaper, by all means do that.

However, from mild to wild, ARB will get the job done. And you'll have on board air, which you'll need for wheeling.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #1653
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
To add to this arb vs e-locker discussion... I've been less than impressed with the e-locker. It works but not exactly when you want it to. It takes some coaxing to get it to engage.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #1654
BroBraBlahBlah

And a downside to the arb is the compressor. I've managed to kill two ckma12's?
Old 09-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #1656
BroBraBlahBlah

It's possible I suppose. I'd need a regulator to keep the lressure below 100 psi. But it would work. However, I just carry an extra compressor.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #1658

Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
To add to this arb vs e-locker discussion... I've been less than impressed with the e-locker. It works but not exactly when you want it to. It takes some coaxing to get it to engage.
is that your only complaint? because it sounds about the same as trying to get into 4Hi. i have to roll the truck a bit to get it to engage.

the way i see it, locker and compressor purchase and install is what, 3k? if i could get the offroad axle and install for less than a grand id be thrilled.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #1659
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
It takes a bit longer than 4wd to engage sometimes... but yea, when it engages it works fine. Used it for 3 miles of trail coming out of shoshone lake which was all rock obstacles up-hill this summer. Definitely helped push me over some stuff I may have had to hit a second time if I was open diffd.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #1660
BroBraBlahBlah

3000 for a rear arb is excessive. I paid a little over that for f&r arb and new gears, installed in new housings.

Probably 1500. Depends on if you want a complete differential, or you want to install the locker yourself.

I would be surprised if you could find a complete e-locker rear axle with the correct gear ratio for less then $1000.

Products Discussed in this Thread