Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Spoonman SuperWhite DCLB

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #1801
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Yes right after I returned from the rubicon trip. Those pics are from the trip
Old 10-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #1802
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Where is your next big trip?
Old 10-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #1803
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Moab again hopefully. Then potentially dusy? I'm open to options. So much trail out there. As long as there's rocks.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #1804
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Haha hooked on rocks
Old 10-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #1805
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I need a snorkel...
Truck looks great. Following you on IG too.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #1806
BroBraBlahBlah

I changed my carrier bearing, to try and help my epic driveline vibe. It is a little better, but it's still there. I was pretty sure it would be. I need a new shaft. This can be my trail shaft.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:30 AM   #1807
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I changed my carrier bearing, to try and help my epic driveline vibe. It is a little better, but it's still there. I was pretty sure it would be. I need a new shaft. This can be my trail shaft.
Is it just the back portion that's damaged? I have a few sections of shaft in my shed from pre-SAC yet...
Old 10-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #1808
BroBraBlahBlah

Yep..
Old 10-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #1809

You need to look into some protection for your shaft!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #1810
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIETACO View Post
You need to look into some protection for your shaft!
Take your pick

Old 10-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #1811

Not sure which would be best need Jamie's expertise on this one, its his shaft
Old 10-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #1812
BroBraBlahBlah

Unfortunately there's no real protection you can get. Other than driving careful and retubing it using thicker steel.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #1813
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Traction bar...
Old 10-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #1814
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Traction bar...
Helps a tad, but the bottom line is, a driveshaft isn't meant to support the weight of a vehicle and never will. If you make it strong enough to do so, you risk major damage to tcase bearings and pinion bearings. Plus you can only go so thick and still get it to balance out.

The best bet is careful driving, and carrying a spare driveshaft. I used to do this all the time, except the last trip out (SAS shakedown) I ran out of time to have my spare made up, and ended up staying an extra day and having a driveline shop straighten my tweaked shaft in Louisville on the trip home.

Needless to say, my spare is getting retubed to the proper length before I head out again.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #1815
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Unfortunately there's no real protection you can get. Other than driving careful and retubing it using thicker steel.
I offered you that but you didn't really acknowledge it other then saying my offer didnt seem legit
Old 10-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #1816
BroBraBlahBlah

You offered to borrow my driveshaft? That seems not legit.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #1817
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
This build needs links on the first page. Where can I find the Airflow install? Mine should be delivered tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #1818
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
This build needs links on the first page. Where can I find the Airflow install? Mine should be delivered tomorrow.
Don't wanna go through a hundred pages of his build? I did...

Quote:
Thanks guys!

Alright, a few people have asked for more info on this snorkel.

I got this snorkel from expeditioneers. It's an airflow Australia/America snorkel. Special fit for 05+ tacomas. And the fit is good. Didn't take much to get this thing mounted.

Mark @ expeditioneers has it shipped asap after he got payment. And it arrived early een with a day delay due to weather.

I guess I didn't get a pic of the contents of the bag, but you get pretty much everything you need to get it hooked up. I had to custom do mine inside the engine bay due to fact I already messed around with my factory intake.

The install is quite simple. You get a template that you put over the fender. Mark your holes, double check, and start drilling.

Drill these holes. Then make one of them huge. 105mm hole saw.

Boom.

Have a friend break his arm and back struggling with that top nut.

Tighten nuts, plumb it up with supplied parts, and go. Fitment is tight to the body.

I didn't put on the a-pillar attachment, it vibrates a tiny bit but I don't feel like drilling the a-pillar. It's pretty sturdy as is.

I trimmed down about 3/4" off the height of the hat, so it sits a little lower closer to roof height. Looks perfect to me.

I then put some electrical tape over the clamp to clean it up.

I put some trim around the big 105mm hole too, worked perfect! Great clearance and there's no sharp edge to rub through.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #1819
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Don't wanna go through a hundred pages of his build? I did...
Thanks I did it a couple months ago but didn't remember where it was.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #1820

No problem. I quoted it to somewhere else too

Products Discussed in this Thread