Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Spoonman SuperWhite Monster

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #281
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Got some floor mats dirt cheap. Really needed.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #282
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I need reliable wheelin buddies. I want to go for a night run right now!!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #283
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Calgary boy eh? I have definitely seen your truck before. Your truck definitely makes me question myself sometimes why I bought a xrunner instead of a 4X4.

P.S. I like your dog too haha.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #284
JabbaJabbaJabba

Thanks a lot! I couldn't live without 4x4...

Spent some quality time adjusting my PITA rear brakes tonight..

Old 08-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #285
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Do you own a shop? Why does your truck need aligned so much?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #286
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
No alignment there!
Old 08-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #287
JabbaJabbaJabba

I work at a shop is all. Max is correct I am not doing an alignment there.

However I do perform alignments fairly often... My steering wheel is off center again. So I will require another alignment soon(once I get the motivation). Not sure why things keep moving around on me. I checked my frot end last night and discovered my left from outer tie rod heim has developed play!! After only 6000km! This All-Pro LT is not worth the hassle! The front control arm bushings are squeeking like CRAZY as well.

But the top things on my list are:
-Both front wheel bearings
-A few idler pulleys
-Starter
-Align again

Ugh.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #288
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pay to play and all that, sure sucks huh haha
Old 08-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #289
JabbaJabbaJabba

My cam tabs seem be pretty solid at this time, I welded behind the tabs best I could.

Max: Yep.. I would expect good quality stuff for the price I paid though. Especially from a reputable company such as AP. I really am not impressed with it so far. Walke Evans shocks has already gotten really soft & weak as well.

Oh yeah...going to need a steering rack soon too. My p/s is giving up.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I work at a shop is all. Max is correct I am not doing an alignment there.

However I do perform alignments fairly often... My steering wheel is off center again. So I will require another alignment soon(once I get the motivation). Not sure why things keep moving around on me. I checked my frot end last night and discovered my left from outer tie rod heim has developed play!! After only 6000km! This All-Pro LT is not worth the hassle! The front control arm bushings are squeeking like CRAZY as well.

But the top things on my list are:
-Both front wheel bearings
-A few idler pulleys
-Starter
-Align again

Ugh.
I wasn't meaning your last post haha. I knew you were doing the rear brakes there. It was just when I went though your whole build thread and it seemed like ever second post you were getting an alignment haha. Do you do alignments at your shop? what is the price? I have 51K kms on my X and I should get an alignment after I installed the drop kit.

Are your idler bearings squealing? I have one bearing squealing and it is driving me crazy.... however it isn't an OEM one and I still need to find out the specifications on it. It is a bearing on my NST overdrive kit for my supercharger.

Here is my build thread if your interested ->http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=47848
Old 08-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #291
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Spoon, is your uptravel limited right now from the fenders?
Old 08-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #292
JabbaJabbaJabba

My tire smashes into the front fender with the fury of 1000 jesus's.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #293
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
My tire smashes into the front fender with the fury of 1000 jesus's.
Why don't you clearance? Whats the point of running a LT if you can't even utilize it?
Old 08-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #294
JabbaJabbaJabba

I haven't really check out much up travel I'm missing out on. I feel like I'm
Not missing much simply because the weight of the truck will push the fender up, and let me use the up travel. I regret not doing SAS.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #295

Old 08-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #296
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

SAS is an even bigger endeavor. Why would you need a SA? Looks like you are doing fine with the AP LT kit. (Besides clearance for tires) I advise you to look at my friends build. NwiTACO. (Who I am sure you know of) Guaranteed the hardest wheeler with a AP LT kit.

He does everything I can do (mostly) on the trail. The only thing he does better is he can drive faster (if I had probably suspension geometry and shocks that aren't blown/leaf springs that are destroyed) I would be fine. His biggest defeat over me is that he can DD his truck, he drives round trip over 1000 miles to go wheeling for days. I cannot do that... Though in my mind, if a truck is built RIGHT, it should NEVER be able to drive on the road.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=16
Old 08-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #297
JabbaJabbaJabba

Quite the shit day I had. Went wheeling, it was great. A few of my idlers let go on the way home...had to get towed. *Took out a small coolant line as well. *Turns out my tensioner pulley was messed up at the same time, a bunch of the belt got jammed behind it. *Then the bolt for the tensioner pulley broke. *So I need a new tensioner too...looks like a pain..

I now need
Tensioner
2 idler pulleys
Belt
Coolant line
Old 08-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #298

Good thing you have a lift
Old 08-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #299
JabbaJabbaJabba

Why max?

anyone ever replaced a tensioner?
Old 08-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #300

I haven't but you have to pull the alt and a/c compressor. Just nicer to work with a lift that's all, especially when you have all that shit to replace. Should be pretty straight forward though. The idlers are easy.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...e-what-do.html

I can't imagine why you can't replace just the bearing/idler.

However...

Tensioner Pulley Warning!
Apparently the upper pulley part number cross references as the pulley on the tensioner and some have ordered just the pulley instead of the entire assembly. After further research (not by me) it turned out that this was not the case and that the pulley did not work. Apparently the spacing and dimensions are incorrect. My suggestion is just to replace the entire tensioner assembly and avoid any potential damage that could occur by installing the wrong pulley.

Suppose you could pull the idler off, press out the bearing, source a new bearing and have a machine shop machine you a bushing.

or even in the interim you could pull of an idler and pull of the tensioner idler and compare, then you could come up with a solution from there.

Products Discussed in this Thread