Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

RenoTacoma's Mid-travel build

Old 01-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #41
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ha I've ran 2 sets now, and i'm convinced there are several better tires out there for the money.
The Grabber AT2 is a good choice, but if it were me, I'd definitely rock some 285's since youre lifted now. The 265's are less than an inch taller than the stock tires. I even think 285's/33's are too small, hence why I went to 35's on my 07 with 3" lift.
Even look at Randy's 255/85's. They're a true 33 and dont even look very big on his lifted rig.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #42
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I vote 285s too...

KM2s
Old 01-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #43
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery

Am I doing it right?
Old 01-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #44
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Even look at Randy's 255/85's. They're a true 33 and dont even look very big on his lifted rig.
I got a full 3" front & rear.
Trying not to pollute you thread with pics of mine, here's what it looks like without any flex.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #45
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post

Am I doing it right?
That depends on if you installed the all pro 3in leaf pack or not.
The front looks good , the rear looks low (or Bro).
Old 01-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #46
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dont sweat it about the pictures

I have about 200lbs of soap in the back, thus a major bro lean
Btw Im still stock in the back for now
Old 01-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #47
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Dont sweat it about the pictures
I have about 200lbs of soap in the back, thus a major bro lean
Btw Im still stock in the back for now
That's why I cropped them down to just the tires & wheel wells.
200lbs of soap & still stock in the back, I was hoping it was something like that.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #48
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Just wait it out until you find a set of tires on CL you like.

http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/2789606776.html

See if he'll part tires from wheels

http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/2818928770.html

Check tread on these and then buy two to match if they're close to new.

http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/2757743894.html
Old 02-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #49
Petrol head

I ended up getting the 265/70/17 General grabber at2s, they look great. I also have some cool stuff in the works
Old 02-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #51
Petrol head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezyskis View Post
Still need them 1.25" wheel spacers? You got first dibs if so.
Yea, Im just broke after those tires
Old 02-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #52
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Still need them 1.25" wheel spacers?
Quote:
You don't need them for that size. Are you just getting them for the wider stance? All 4 or just the front?
Old 02-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #53
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
I have all four. With two sets of lug nuts. One set never used. When I got my lift on, the stock 265s I had on there looked small so I put my dads stock 17" tundra wheels with 285s. Stock backspacing so I got the 1.25" WSs to give it a wider stance. (didn't have money for new wheels and tires at the time.) then before winter hit I was able to get new wheels and tires. Wheels with 4.5 backspacing was pretty much the same as stock wheels with the 1.25" WSs. So I was mainly using them for backspacing so my truck would look a little more aggressive. And it did, just enough so when I parked next to stock tacomas you could deffinetly tell the difference. Plus the tires are tucked on there so far. I think it looks good when the tire stick out to the fender or past. But not to far then it looks ghey..........
Old 02-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #54
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't sweat it man I'll hold on to em as long as you need. I'm in no hurry to sell them.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #55
Petrol head

Quote:
Don't sweat it man I'll hold on to em as long as you need. I'm in no hurry to sell them.
Sweet
Sounds good, and yes I do want the wider stance.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #56
Petrol head

Heres a decent picture with the lift and new tires.
I found a mud puddle
Old 02-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #58
Petrol head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
You still planning on doing a specific "performance" mod?
Yes I do, just not now. Down the road in a few years most definitely. Either Urd or trd
Old 02-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #59
Longtime Toyman

Quote:

Heres a decent picture with the lift and new tires.
I found a mud puddle
Looking good Sloan. A much better pic than the 200lb of soap Bromobile. Have you tried Pyramid Puddle yet. There's a vid of me doing it in my build thread.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #60
Petrol head

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Looking good Sloan. A much better pic than the 200lb of soap Bromobile. Have you tried Pyramid Puddle yet. There's a vid of me doing it in my build thread.
I have not, I did see your video. Ill have to try it some time