LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

RenoTacoma's Mid-travel build

Old 12-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
RenoTacoma's Mid-travel build

Current picture:

Well here is my build thread for my taco. I got her about two years ago brand spanking new from Reno Toyota(they were a pain in the ass). They tired to sell me every upgrade but all I wanted was a base to mod up "one day". Well that day has come.I kept it stock for the most part up until this summer when funds became more available. I will be putting together mid travel in the next few months.

Specs
2009 Base 4x4
Double cab long bed
Super white

Current Mods

Exterior
-SockMonkey Beside Decals
-SockMonkey 3rd brake light cover
- Soon to be colormatched grill
-Trd sport rims
-debadged
-Black head light mod

Interior
-All stock for now

Suspension
- Toytec coil overs
-Camburg ucas
-Icon 2.0 resi shocks, ome dakar pack

Exhaust
-mBrp off road catback
-Doug thorley Y-pipe, pipe bomb
-aFe Cold air intake

Here is the only picture I have of it stock up in the snow in lake Tahoe California. In july....

Then the inevitable happened. The mod bug we all know so well that strikes most when joining this site.
I first painted the little Toyota emblem on the front grill then did Bhlm then rattle canned the stock steel wheels.

Then the homertaco grill

After this all exhaust goodies were put on, sounds great.
Then Taco was put on for a while and then taken off

Sockmonkey

And here is how if sits now

Future plans:
Midtravel:
Icon reservoir coil overs
Air bumps

Bumpers:
Relentless Fabrication:
Rear tube bumper
Front tube hybrid bumper
Interior:
Trd Seat covers

Exterior:
Hood scooped hood

Tires:
285/??/17
or 255/80/17 km2

Exhaust:
long tube headers
no cats

So far that is the goal, ill be updating this thread regularly as I get more parts to put on the truck. How do you guys like it?

Old 12-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Sloan. I'll enjoy watching the progress. See you in the dirt!
Old 12-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks Randy, cant wait to see yours with some amour and new tires.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
thats pretty badass looking. I like that you went with the basic DC model and decided to upgrade it rather than paying for extra stuff that you were gonna replace anyways.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Petrol head

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
thats pretty badass looking. I like that you went with the basic DC model and decided to upgrade it rather than paying for extra stuff that you were gonna replace anyways.
Yeah
The local dealership did not want to sell it to me for the price they advertised. Apparently the salesmen don't make any money on the base models, I almost walked out of the door twice.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
I found mine in the used lot.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #8
Petrol head

Camburg Ucas purchased
Old 12-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #9
Petrol head

Fox 2.0 Pro Series Piggyback Rears shocks purchased.
I will have pictures of goodies as soon as it arrives.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #11
Petrol head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlew View Post
Like it man super white is the way to go
Good looking truck you have there sir

On a side not I have new uni balls for the ucas on the way as well as some shocks parts.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
Petrol head

Got my Ucas today, sold my old tires and got the new uniballs for th ucas. When I ordered them Camburg gave me a 10% discount(for being on tw) but they charged 26$ to ship it, it came in a small flat rate box that couldn't have cost more than 10$ to ship. Not a big deal but it surprised me

Im not sure what tires im going to get but I will be ordering them soon. Ive been reading up treadwright tires for a while and Im going with them. I'm just not sure what size yet. 285/70/17 or 265/70/17? Also I have no clue as to what the different ratings are.
https://www.treadwright.com/p-96-285...dog-m-t-e.aspx
Old 01-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #13
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Get the 285s once you get the lift. Also you have to trim the body mounts and fenders if you plan on running with stock fenders.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #14
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! decide what you're doing with the rear yet?
Old 01-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #15
Petrol head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Get the 285s once you get the lift. Also you have to trim the body mounts and fenders if you plan on running with stock fenders.
Cant wait!

As far as leafs springs, I have no idea. I need something that can carry some weight like a dirtbike.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #16
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for a local build.
Get the 285s no doubt. If you need help trimming or doing the body mount chop, I can help out.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #17
Petrol head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Subbed for a local build.
Get the 285s no doubt. If you need help trimming or doing the body mount chop, I can help out.
Awesome!

Im putting the 285s on sport wheels, how big of wheels spacers do I need so I do not rub?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #18
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Also sub'd for the build. Looks like its coming along nicely
Old 01-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #19
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
Awesome!

Im putting the 285s on sport wheels, how big of wheels spacers do I need so I do not rub?
Spidertrax 1.25's would be enough and seem to be good spacers
Old 01-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #20
Petrol head

Probably ordering tires in the next week or so and wheel spacers. Im going to try to get some used extended travel coil overs sometime soon