Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Dark Taco's Truck

Old 01-01-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Dark Taco's Truck

2008 Off Road TRD "Rugged Trail" Package
UpGrades
Removed Mountain Stickers
Truxedo Lo Pro QT Tonneau
Weathertech Floormats
Weathertech Vent Visors
Color matched Grille
DTRL
FJ Cruiser Anthracite SE Wheels
265/75/16 Goodyear DuraTrac's
DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter
Grom USB interface...Upgraded to the Grom Bluetooth Version
Sockmonkey TRD Off Road Sticker (removed)
Yellow Lamin-x fogs
Osram Nightbreakers....Failed after 3 months.
Ebay BHLM.......Removed....Leaked.
Illuminated 4WD switch
LED Map and Dome lights
Future Upgrades
Lift
Diff Breather
Leer 100XR (contact me if your is for sale!!!)
Ect.........
Brand New

Mountain Sticker

Slowly I started making changes

265/75/16 Goodyear DuraTracs

Color Matched Grille

I debadged the doors and finally removed front mud flaps. I also added the TRD Off Road decal from Sockmonkey.

Shot of ipod track being shown on radio.

Laminx applied....

Ebay BHLM
Old 01-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice truck. I really like your wheels. Good job
Old 01-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #3
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #4
ICEMAN is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircrew C-130T Loadmaster
Name: Eric
ICEMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. Definitely yes on the BHLM and I'd say de-badge along with maybe 1.5" wheel spacers and it will look NICER!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #6

BHLM is in the future or possibly purchase of these: Ebay
Old 01-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #7
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck

I know you have some serious mod going on, but your truck looks clean and simple. The wheels and tires along with your slider/steps look badass. The Rugged Trail Edition with those fender flares looks nice with a black truck.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #8
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
yep nice ride.. I love black trucks wish mine was black at times but I did just get the title soooooo. guess i am keeping silver.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmurder View Post
I know you have some serious mod going on, but your truck looks clean and simple. The wheels and tires along with your slider/steps look badass. The Rugged Trail Edition with those fender flares looks nice with a black truck.
Yeah I had a choice between white and silver, but bsp was all I would accept.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #10
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Taco View Post
Yeah I had a choice between white and silver, but bsp was all I would accept.
excellent choice now go tint those window to black that bitch out..i am riding on 5%
Old 01-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 06 4x4 View Post
yep nice ride.. I love black trucks wish mine was black at times but I did just get the title soooooo. guess i am keeping silver.
I hear ya. All cleaned up black is great. We have a silver Camry and it stays looking cleaner twice as long as my truck does.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 06 4x4 View Post
excellent choice now go tint those window to black that bitch out..i am riding on 5%
I go back and forth on that.....I may just match the fronts to the factory tint on the rears.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #13
NBHNC

yep would still look better and saves your interior form the damage of the freaking sun
Old 01-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #14

Opinions on these Ebay lights: Only 95 bucks. I may only get what I pay for but if I silicone does anyone know how well they hold up. Much cheaper than me messing up my stock lights.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #15

Got ^^^^ these in the mail. Too bad it's so damn cold (16 degrees outside) I can't wait to install.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #16
mikejbert3836 is on a distinguished road
mikejbert3836's Tacoma Gallery
That's one hell of a truck... damn.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #17

Thanks
Old 01-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #18
Coqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Coqui's Tacoma Gallery
That is some good looking truck!! The TRD wheels are slick and perfect for the Black Tacoma. I have an 09 DC TRD OR 4X4 BSP as well and your truck is as close I want to mod mine.

Have you considered adding the window deflectors?

Nice work!!

Frank
Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
That is some good looking truck!! The TRD wheels are slick and perfect for the Black Tacoma. I have an 09 DC TRD OR 4X4 BSP as well and your truck is as close I want to mod mine.

Have you considered adding the window deflectors?

Nice work!!

Frank
Funny you should ask I just did before it got cold. Went with the Weathertech in channel type.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #20
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
where is this? like city/state