1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NC10TRDSPORT's DCLB Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by NC15TRD, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Jan 23, 2015 at 10:17 AM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven
    So, for possibly the last post in this thread, I'll tell the story since I have now gotten my deductible back and was deemed not at fault in the accident:

That fateful day started like any other gorgeous Friday. Me not wanting to go to work. But it was pay day so I didn't mind too much. There is a festival called Autumn Leaf Festival held in Clarion every year in the fall that attracts every person and their relatives and on the Friday of the festival is a day called "craft day." Well, that's the day you avoid town. There are like 100,000 people there. CRAZY! As fate would have it, that's where my bank is and being pay day I wanted to put my check in my account. Fortunately I had to just get to the edge of town where the bank is and can avoid that hell.

So I make my way from work to the bank and send my then-gf a text as I wait for the ATM to take my deposit. She was out of town for a couple days at home. So it being a beautiful day and my truck being dirty I decide I'm going to wash it as soon as I got home. I depart the bank and head home.

I live on a secondary, unmarked road, as are the ones I take to get anywhere from the house. Lots of people walk and have their dogs and kids out on these roads and the one I chose to take that day just happens to be the nicest. It's very scenic as far as wildlife goes, and it is shaded which is nice on warmer days. So I take my time because there's lots of curves in the road and I'm always nervous that someone will be coming the other direction either by foot, ATV, or car. Then it happens...

I'm about 1 mile from home, and I begin rounding a left hand curve which drops downhill slightly after the curve onto a wide bridge with for me a right hand curve after. The bridge is wide enough that I've seen 2 triaxle dump trucks pass on it easily. Well, I catch a ray of sunlight reflecting that isn't usually there. I notice it's the roof of a vehicle coming across the bridge on the inside. I was already in the burm coming around my corner and I saw that she was on my side of the road headed straight at me! I was already over as far as I could be to still negotiate the curve. I was on my brakes to try to give her more time to get over. Well, she doesn't. And doesn't. OH SHIT! And she was coming fast!

BAM!!! I spun 90* and ended up scratching the right side of my truck on branches that were laying along the road while the left side was smashed upon impact. Her vehicle continued for ~300' with broken control arms and a blown tire!

I saw her continuing down the road so I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and ran towards her car without even looking at my what turned out to be totaled truck. I got within about 100' and she climbed out and was visibly shaken. She was very apologetic, but I was just worried that she was ok. Being that she was in an Explorer I asked if anyone else was in it. She said no so I knew right away we were both ok. The owner of the home this happened in front of came out and I called home to have my dad come to the scene but he wasn't home so mom came down.

While we waited for her, the girl called her parents. She also told us she had been looking down at something right before the accident. STRIKE! We called the police to come out. Officer showed up and asked my story. Told him exactly what is typed above and he writes it down. He then asked her for her story. I wasn't close enough to hear what she said. I'm guessing she didn't tell him she wasn't looking at the road.

Well as it turns out she mustn't have told her insurance company or mine that either. 12 weeks after the accident I got a letter from mine that I had been deemed not at fault and would be getting my deductible back which I paid to get a check from my insurance to hurry up since I needed a new truck. So I got that check about 2 weeks ago and have been thrilled with the new truck!

I hope anyone who reads this has enjoyed it!

2. Jan 23, 2015 at 11:05 AM
    teneighty

teneighty I'd rather be skiing...

Member:
    Right behind you. NY
    Vehicle:
    18’ F150 SCREW LB 3.5 EcoBoost
    Bilstein 5100’s (x4), 275/65/20 Cooper XLT AT3’s
    Crazy... I'm sure she was texting or something... How are you not looking at the road that long where you're in the other lane especially being so curvy?... Anyway, everyone was ok and you got a new truck... But they screwed you because they only gave you half a truck back ;)

3. Jan 23, 2015 at 11:16 AM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven
    Haha half...

4. Jan 23, 2015 at 12:25 PM
    AR15xAR10

AR15xAR10 AR10 is 5 ARs better

Member:
    Triangle of 26726, 21532, 21502
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 V6 IndigoInkPearl ACLBFTMFW
    Please refer to build (click signature picture)
    Short beds are for lewsers :p

Products Discussed in

To Top