Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

4X42HEL'S BUILD

Old 01-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
Don't really understand 2WD trucks....
4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
4X42HEL'S BUILD

Hi,

May not be anything special to others, but it is the most special to me

Started out as a basic 2010 DCSB SuperWhite 4x4 SR5 I bought brand new from the dealer........ Stayed bone stock for a year and a half...

Then Got her lifted 6" ProComp Stage 1 for new years.

Lift: 6" Stage 1 ProComp
Wheels: 18x9 XD Addicts Machined -12mm Offset
Tires: 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Gapplers " 34.5 " according to their website

Futures: Re-gear to 4.56

Oh, and if anybody contemplateing putting biggger tires like this... and had the same questsions I did about the bog-down in power... wondering if you need to re-gear...

Here is the answer: YOU NEED TO RE-GEAR LOL

Before:

After:

Comment away. Anything and Everything is welcome (Good, Bad and ugly, I got tough skin )
Old 01-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man looks awsome. No Tacoma is hated or disliked here. (maybe a few in the WTF or funny pictures thread) Any other mods planned for her?
Old 01-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezyskis View Post
Nice man looks awsome. No Tacoma is hated or disliked here. (maybe a few in the WTF or funny pictures thread) Any other mods planned for her?
Thanks,

Well, she was in the shop as of last Thursday. Dropped her off then went out of the state to party over the weekend...

Come back today and picked her up. I am VERY please with how she turned out. Didn't expect the lift to be as clean or as high. The shop did an EXCELLENT job so far as I can see (its only a couple of hours old, the coming the weeks will tell for sure).

Also, was a bit unsure about the tires... Wasn't sure if they be too big or too small, but it turns out they are too perfect. Glad I didn't go with the full 35s because they are a full 1.5 inches wider, but about the same height. I love the look.

As far as next mods, I had a laundry list of things: Paint Chrome Grill, Billet grill, Avid Steps, All-pro rear bumper (although I want to keep the front stock).

All those mods got scratched off the list this morning when I drove away from the shop. The power-loss is something I can proly get used to, but I don't want to strain my drive train that much. Looking into 4.56 front and rear next.... ECGS is looking good right now
Old 01-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X42HEL View Post

As far as next mods, I had a laundry list of things: Paint Chrome Grill, Billet grill, Avid Steps, All-pro rear bumper (although I want to keep the front stock).

I don't think any o those would strain the drivetrain anymore. Allpros rear bumper if I'm not mistaken is lighter then stock bumper and tow assembly.

All those mods got scratched off the list this morning when I drove away from the shop. The power-loss is something I can proly get used to, but I don't want to strain my drive train that much. Looking into 4.56 front and rear next.... ECGS is looking good right now
You mean " all those mods got put on hold for the gears" not scratched off.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #6

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezyskis View Post
You mean " all those mods got put on hold for the gears" not scratched off.

More accurately put, you are correct

Although, I may just get the hypertech speedo calibrator first. Although, does anybody know if I install that now, is it pretty easy to recalibrate after I re-gear? or do I need to disassemble the dash twice?

The install looks really ugly.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:05 AM   #7
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
What a difference lift, wheels & tires can make.....Sweet!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #8

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
What a difference lift, wheels & tires can make.....Sweet!

Thanks a lot man! You need to do the same, i'm telling you. My only regret is not having done it sooner.

It's my DD and I don't really have time to do a real off-roading, but I love driving it. It is much "bigger" in person than it appears in the pics. I am thinking some avid steps to help get in.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #9

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
Well guys, today was my first full day driving the lifted truck around as I normally would, and I have to say I need to re-gear really bad.

I thought for sure it wouldn't bother me too much, but the power loss is very noticeable.

I can't decide if I want to have a shop do gears front and rear from scratch, or if I want to get completely assembled 3rds from ECGS..

One thing for sure, It's another expense I wasn't hoping to bear for a while... lol
Old 01-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #10

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
Well guys...

Had to add to my build today. Wasn't exactly what I was thinking, but I didn't expect my gas mileage to be chopped in almost half lol. After the third tank since the tires, I am averaging like 12 mpg (down from 21 lol).

I drive too freakin much...

So i had to get a fuel efficient daily driver in place. Cheap lil Saturn that should do the job 4 or so days week...

Old 01-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #11
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
More pics more pics!!!! Nice build man!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #12
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build! You need to take it to the Puerco with us sometime. That thing would do awesome!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #13

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Nice build! You need to take it to the Puerco with us sometime. That thing would do awesome!

Ya man, you need to get me out sometime. It's all work/school/family you know.

I putting together some time/place/money for gears. I need to go to 4.56 so bad (hoping that's the sweet ratio needed).

I don't want to take it off-roading until then. I sense the rear-end "ping" just waiting to happen. I am leaning towards getting an ARB locker while I'm at it.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #14
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #15
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
did you check out the group buy going on for gears and lockers right now? (including ARB lockers) You can't beat the prices....
Old 01-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #16

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
nice truck man.

Thanks man
Old 01-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #17

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
did you check out the group buy going on for gears and lockers right now? (including ARB lockers) You can't beat the prices....

Well, I did. I'm not sure if that is the best deal/route for me.

ECGS has a rear third built up with Nitros and ARB for $1425 shipped. That is probably cheaper than the group buy prices I checked out because I'd still have to pay for full gear-setup install if I did the group by...

Unless my math is wrong, which is always a possibility.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #18

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
More pics....

I am needing to order some N-Fab step bars... The wife is having a hard time getting in and out... she make sure I hear about every lil bit of it too...

So I might have to dip into the regear/locker funds and do steps first.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #19

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
I kind of like the look of the steps here (found this pic online)

Old 01-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #20
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
the n-fabs are cherry. i got them on my truck...super easy for the girlfriend and others to get in and out.