Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TacoFMS' attempt at a build thread

Old 12-31-2013, 07:30 AM   #181
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Looking nice. One of these days I will actually have time to install all of the parts for MY truck. They are all stacked up in the store room, but I don't have the time to DO anything. Shop is too busy. Almost time to hire help! Now what you need is some Aurora LED light bars to light up the trails.....Hmmm, I wonder who is about to become a distributor of theirs in the US?......
Old 12-31-2013, 07:38 AM   #182
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
prob the same guy that was sup to give me a quote almost a month ago!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:47 AM   #183
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
prob the same guy that was sup to give me a quote almost a month ago!!!
Old 01-09-2014, 07:53 AM   #184
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I love the counter steer wheels
Old 01-09-2014, 07:56 AM   #185
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I do too and that is why they dont get to go play in the woods! haha
Old 01-09-2014, 08:00 AM   #186
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
Your switch plate is crooked. Just sayin'
the center console piece is contoured and widens near the rear. so while it doesn't line up with the edge of the center console, it is straight, relative to the centerline of the truck.

Quote:
Thanks, I do too and that is why they dont get to go play in the woods! haha
good call.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #187
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Got new trail shoes for the truck today, stay tuned for pics and details! Too dark for pics tonight.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:20 AM   #188
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Well after about 2 weeks of waiting around for the ride to get closer, I finally put the new shoes on the truck in preparation and here is the end result.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:21 AM   #189
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
i dig it!
Old 02-20-2014, 05:36 AM   #190
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! We will see how they do this weekend, but they definitely have a much more aggressive pattern than the goodyears had and do a much better job filling out the wheel wells.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:44 AM   #191
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Had an eventful weekend. Got the truck all washed, waxed and ready to go Friday and headed out to meet the local Land Cruiser club for a weekend long ride.

Then after a very successful day of riding, decided to test the truck and get brave and try this,

Which resulted in this

along with a bent transfer case skid and some new pinstripes along the door. Had to end up winching myself the final bit but still made it.
Came home Sunday with the skid in the back of the truck and a bruised up driveshaft. Was able to get a local shop to retube and balance the driveshaft for me yesterday and it was back on the road good as new last night.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:59 AM   #193
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
I saw that you have 2x sets of tires. How do you like splitting it up like that? I am going to need new tires by next Christmas and was thinking of doing an AT pizza size for my DD and a much bigger one for off roading. Any regrets with doing it?
Old 02-25-2014, 05:19 AM   #194
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
no regrets at all. This allows me to run a 255/85 MT that is quite aggressive on the trails and not have to worry about killing my mileage and wasting the tread away on normal daily drives. It also allows me to still have a nice peaceful drive on roadtrips with the family. Plus I can swap over in less than an hour so it isnt like it takes forever to switch out from one to another.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:30 AM   #195
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Tall skinnies ftw. Im planning on getting the Cooper STT maxi in the 255/85/16's Don't need the M/T and it'll fill the wheel wells to boot.

Truck looks good man!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:01 AM   #196
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Tall skinnies ftw. Im planning on getting the Cooper STT maxi in the 255/85/16's Don't need the M/T and it'll fill the wheel wells to boot.

Truck looks good man!
Thanks, and I was more than impressed with the Bighorns this weekend. never really had to get on the throttle much to pull the hills and trudged right through the mud holes and soup we would pass through without slippin a wheel.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #198
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Dammit Jimmy you fucked up your truck again!! Everytime!!!
WHAT?!?!?! every time?? this is the first time i messed it up, and it was only temporary! I got better!
Old 02-28-2014, 01:40 AM   #200
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Then after a very successful day of riding, decided to test the truck and get brave and try this,

Which resulted in this

Why you no send me pictures of carnage?

Just realized I never posted in your thread, so I haven't been subscribed.Funny as how I've been a part of helping with a good bit of these mods.

Glad you got her fixed back up.