TacoFMS' attempt at a build thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #21
SMITTY1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jonathon
SMITTY1's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking Truck!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:38 AM   #22
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
well got my weathertech window visors installed as well as the wiring for the offroad lights wrapped up so i figured i would take a couple updated pics........ im not the best cameraman nor do i have a fancy camera so the pics arent that great, but here goes anyway......

now im waiting on my relentless skids so i can get them painted and installed and then will have to wait for the bank account to recover for a little while before doing much else.......
Old 03-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #24
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
no kidding so am i!!! im trying to contain my excitement bc i dont want the wifey to be fully aware but its kind of hard to not be like a kid waiting on Christmas, so i just go outside to walk the dog a lot more frequently now so i can dance in the driveway and do the 80's toyota jump!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #25
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Awesome build!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #27
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
any pics of the welds on your sliders close up and who welded them for you?
Old 03-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #28
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
i prepped them (cut the notches and tacked them on then a buddy i work with did the final weld) next time i get it cleaned up ill try to snap some pics of the welds but its hard to see them now cuz they are caked over in rock dust.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #29
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
i prepped them (cut the notches and tacked them on then a buddy i work with did the final weld) next time i get it cleaned up ill try to snap some pics of the welds but its hard to see them now cuz they are caked over in rock dust.
ok thanks I just want to get someone who has welded on truck frames before I don't like to get my frame all f**ked up and want the weld to look good to.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:55 AM   #30
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
well finally got some time and motivation to get off my a$$ and work on my new skids. went and hit it with 2 coats of self etching primer then 2-3 coats of the duplicolor spray on bedliner with kevlar (supposedly) gotta find some more time to flip them over and spray the other sides with primer, and since that side wont see any action they will just get hit with an enamel paint over the primer.

if you notice there are two complete sets of skids (one is for a friend of mine and fellow TW'er)
Old 06-11-2012, 02:55 AM   #32
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Well last week was tire week for me. My new Cooper's came in and it was time to get them mounted on the Konig's, so i had to load up with the tires.

After several long hours waiting to get my Duratracs mounted on my stock wheels and the Cooper's mounted on the Countersteer Offroads, I was enlightened on why it was taking so long....... While breaking down the Duratracs the beads were ripped off 3 of the 4 tires! Needless to say I was none too pleased, although long story short an attempt was made to make things right..... This was the attempt, a brand new set of tires to replace the damaged used Duratracs.

we will see how they perform compared to the Duratracs.....

I was also able to get my daily driver wheel/tire combo mounted up as well and must say I am quite pleased so far.

Also over the weekend I was able to meet up with the fellow TW'er and deliver his skids as well as getting my IFS and Mid skid mounted, not to mention getting my exhaust rerouted and FINALLY the badge mounted on the satoshi!! Pics soon!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #34
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
well finally slid under the truck to take some pics of the exhaust reroute and the 2 out of 3 skids that got mounted this past weekend.

Also took pics of the finished and mounted grill emblem

exhaust reroute

skids

emblem

Old 06-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #35
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
wanna trade trucks???? please!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #36
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
well finally slid under the truck to take some pics of the exhaust reroute and the 2 out of 3 skids that got mounted this past weekend.

Also took pics of the finished and mounted grill emblem

exhaust reroute

skids

emblem

Lookin good! I really dig those skids. Kinda wish my budbuilts sat that flush with a transition piece... may investigate doing something like that if they'll fit in the father in law's metal brake.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #37
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORTACO92 View Post
wanna trade trucks???? please!!!!!!!

dont believe i can trade off my 7mo old son's truck....... not only that but ive barely had the truck 6months now so the wife would kill me not only for gettin rid of my son's truck but also for tradin again........ oh yeah dont think you would like the price i would require either.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #38
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
well went ahead and got it all cleaned up today, washed and then waxed with another coat of the pinnacle xMt carnuba wax

once again i dont claim to be a photographer nor even claim to know how to properly work my camera or setup pictures so these are not the best of quality..... hopefully one day someone will be kind enough to teach me a trick or two so i can take some good quality pics that do the truck justice.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #40
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
thanks.... we need to meet up sometime so we can try this wax out on your truck. it gives AMAZING results!