Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

COMAtose HI's 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB

Old 01-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #21
Mikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
Mikehole's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
what kind of 3'' lift did you get? I'm not in any kind of rush to get the supercharger...I was hoping to break my engine in and run it for about 30k-40k miles before i actually consider installing the supercharger. From what i have read, the 2011 and older superchargers do not fit the 2012s, but they were going to have one made soon.

thanks for the comments. please let me know about your lift because i have a friend who is looking to have a 3 inch suspension as well.
I have the toytec ultimate lift. bought it directly from toytec for $1150. Installed it myself over a weekend, with literally zero experience working on automotive anything. Everything was included (front coil overs, rear AAL, and diff drop kit)
Old 01-22-2012, 01:37 AM   #22
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehole View Post
I have the toytec ultimate lift. bought it directly from toytec for $1150. Installed it myself over a weekend, with literally zero experience working on automotive anything. Everything was included (front coil overs, rear AAL, and diff drop kit)
nice!!! i'll let my friend know. thanks for the reply.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #24
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks!!! I will be towing a boat and the boat ramp that I will be using has some pretty high surf. The main reason why I am going with the six is to keep the truck out of the water. I will also be doing a lot of off roading to camping spots where I'm sure 35's on a 6" or a 3" lift with 33's would rub as well. I would love to have the 3" because its a lot cheaper!!! haha, but thanks for the suggestion!!!
Just be sure to relocate your diff breather before you start boating. Also, there is nothing wrong with 33's and a 6 inch lift, thats the setup i run and love it. Just my 2cents. Good looking truck, the more and more i see the 2012's, makes me wish i had one.

.:edit:. been following your posts in the 6" lift section too, cant wait to see your truck when its done.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #25
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbyte View Post
Just be sure to relocate your diff breather before you start boating. Also, there is nothing wrong with 33's and a 6 inch lift, thats the setup i run and love it. Just my 2cents. Good looking truck, the more and more i see the 2012's, makes me wish i had one.

.:edit:. been following your posts in the 6" lift section too, cant wait to see your truck when its done.
Thanks for the advice. I can't wait to see my truck too....I'm suffering from separation anxiety lol. 4WPs been saying it should be done on Monday....I'll believe it when I see it haha.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #27
Future Storm Trooper
Turboxer is on a distinguished road
Turboxer's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed.

I agree with with doing the bhlm to the headlights. it looks amazing.

Good looking truck! I am torn between white and grey for the 2012 I am looking into
Old 01-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboxer View Post
subscribed.

I agree with with doing the bhlm to the headlights. it looks amazing.

Good looking truck! I am torn between white and grey for the 2012 I am looking into
haha!!! that's the same way i feel. i drove to the dealership wanting this color and the white one as well....and ever since my purchase...i have been wishing i got the white. i'm sure it would have been the exact opposite if i had gotten the grey huh? ah well both look really sweet.

i probably will get some balls to do the BHLM sometime within the next few weeks because i have no money to do any other kind of expensive mods at this time. thanks for the comments...lmk what kind of truck you end up getting. good luck!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #30
Future Storm Trooper
Turboxer is on a distinguished road
Turboxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha!!! that's the same way i feel. i drove to the dealership wanting this color and the white one as well....and ever since my purchase...i have been wishing i got the white. i'm sure it would have been the exact opposite if i had gotten the grey huh? ah well both look really sweet.

i probably will get some balls to do the BHLM sometime within the next few weeks because i have no money to do any other kind of expensive mods at this time. thanks for the comments...lmk what kind of truck you end up getting. good luck!!!

will do, and like everyone else has said.... the blhm costs like $10... can of spray paint and some silicone.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
did you leave your sway bar on?? if you are going to off roaded it take it off.

thanks for the welcome!!! my tires are in and i am leaving to pick my truck up in about 10 minutes!!!

i left the sway bar on for now...ill take it off once i move the truck back to hawaii and start going camping and fishing unless i find some trails up here in oregon.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboxer View Post
will do, and like everyone else has said.... the blhm costs like $10... can of spray paint and some silicone.

yea i have been trying to build up some courage to take off the headlights and do it, but i've never really messed around with headlights before and because it is a new truck...i don't want to be a dumbass and break something.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #35
BOOM goes the dynamite!
greenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Ian
greenguy3's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking Taco bro, how is the ride on that procomp lift?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #36
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
I want a 2012..... I love how they look lifted! Good looking, gets some pics of your wheels up, I want to see them!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenguy3 View Post
Nice looking Taco bro, how is the ride on that procomp lift?
its actually a lot better than i thought it would be. i was expecting a stiff and bumpy ride with the blocks, but its actually pretty smooth. i can only imagine it getting better as the suspension breaks in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbyte View Post
I want a 2012..... I love how they look lifted! Good looking, gets some pics of your wheels up, I want to see them!

sorry, it was dark when i picked the truck up...i'll try and post some tomorrow. why do you want a 2012? your truck is sick!!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:14 AM   #38

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
sorry, it was dark when i picked the truck up...i'll try and post some tomorrow. why do you want a 2012? your truck is sick!!!!!
When i first saw the front end of the 2012's, i hated them, but the more and more i see them, especially lifted, the more and more i love the way they look. I will never have a 2012 truck, my wife gave me the death threat of selling my truck. She drives it more than i do and loves it, and she hates the 2012's. I love my truck, and it has super low miles, i'm good
Old 01-31-2012, 03:24 AM   #40
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is sweet!!! What's the tire brand? Nitto MT's?