LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

COMAtose HI's 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB

Old 01-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
COMAtose HI's "burning a big hole in my wallet" build

2012 TOYOTA TACOMA 4X4 TRD SPORT DOUBLE CAB SHORTBED

V6, 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION, MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC (MGM)

CURRENT MODS:

N-Fab Wheel to Wheel Nerf Steps
35% tint on driver and passenger front windows
Husky Floor Liners
6" Pro Comp Stage 1 Suspension Lift Kit
18" Pro Comp 7032 Series Wheels
33x12.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers
33x12.50 full size spare - modified to fit in stock spare tire mount
debadged - all badges and TRD sport stickers.
black grill emblem
Wet Okole Seat Covers
Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod
Weathertech Side Window Deflectors
CB Drop Kit - Made By Beefed Taco
BHLM
AntennaX.com 13" EuroStyle Antenna
Alcan Leaf Springs
All Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit with Timbren Bump Stops
chopped tailpipe
Upper Eye Lids - Sleeper Style

ONE DAY I HOPE TO HAVE...

AFE drop in filter
Bilstein 5100s for the front
Bilstein 5125s for the rear
1.25" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers

Brand new straight from the Toyota dealership. 12/2011

Pro Comp Stage 1 6" Suspension Installed

debadged - removed the pin stripe, badges/emblems, and TRD SPORT stickers.

Wet Okole Seat Covers

CB drop kit made by Beefed Taco

BHLM

AntennaX.com 13" EuroStyle Antenna

Custom 6" Leaf Packs - Made by Alcan Springs

All Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit w/ Timbren Bump Stops

chopped tailpipe

Upper Eye Lids - Sleeper Style
Old 01-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice 2012 ! Really like it in that color,
Just one question are you sure you wanna do the six inch on 33s? You can do the same with a three and save a ton of money to do other mods, just a suggestion and my opinion
Old 01-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
Very nice 2012 ! Really like it in that color,
Just one question are you sure you wanna do the six inch on 33s? You can do the same with a three and save a ton of money to do other mods, just a suggestion and my opinion
thanks!!! I will be towing a boat and the boat ramp that I will be using has some pretty high surf. The main reason why I am going with the six is to keep the truck out of the water. I will also be doing a lot of off roading to camping spots where I'm sure 35's on a 6" or a 3" lift with 33's would rub as well. I would love to have the 3" because its a lot cheaper!!! haha, but thanks for the suggestion!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley0568 View Post
How much did you pay for that? If you don't mind me asking. Very nice truck.
the truck? $29000 out the door.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #7

update: minor upgrades

hey whats up guys i just put in my new floor liners today. i really didn't plan on getting any floor liners because the 2012 tacoma comes with some pretty nice rubber mats, but i was checking them out at the shop that i got my tint done and decided to go ahead and order them. weathertech was actually my first choice, but the husky liners were a little cheaper so i that's what i ended up buying. here are some pictures...thanks for taking a look.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:26 AM   #8
Super Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Grayson
Super Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
very nice
Old 01-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #9

got a little bit of snow last night in the valley!!!! here's a picture of the 2012s first ice bath.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #10
Mikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
Mikehole's Tacoma Gallery
I'm also wishing I could do the supercharger, but right now, Toyota doesn't have a fit kit for the 2012. I'm not sure what changes are involved from the 2011, but I've been told by a couple of dealers that it will not work. Yet.
I have a 3" lift with 33s and I left my mudflaps on with some minor trimming and it still rubs going over small curbs and such. I've been told that I will need to trim the cab mounts if I'm going to do any wheeling, which I plan on doing this spring/summer.
Nice looking truck, BTW, I like the color!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehole View Post
I'm also wishing I could do the supercharger, but right now, Toyota doesn't have a fit kit for the 2012. I'm not sure what changes are involved from the 2011, but I've been told by a couple of dealers that it will not work. Yet.
I have a 3" lift with 33s and I left my mudflaps on with some minor trimming and it still rubs going over small curbs and such. I've been told that I will need to trim the cab mounts if I'm going to do any wheeling, which I plan on doing this spring/summer.
Nice looking truck, BTW, I like the color!
what kind of 3'' lift did you get? I'm not in any kind of rush to get the supercharger...I was hoping to break my engine in and run it for about 30k-40k miles before i actually consider installing the supercharger. From what i have read, the 2011 and older superchargers do not fit the 2012s, but they were going to have one made soon.

thanks for the comments. please let me know about your lift because i have a friend who is looking to have a 3 inch suspension as well.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #12

got the call from 4WP this afternoon..my parts are in!!!! i should have the suspension lift, wheels, and tires installed by next week thursday!!! please stay tuned for pictures.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacolover443's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet 2012! I think the thing to make them look just amazing is the BHLM. I would look into it. All the 2012's I've seen with the BHLM done to them look absolutely amazing.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacolover443 View Post
Sweet 2012! I think the thing to make them look just amazing is the BHLM. I would look into it. All the 2012's I've seen with the BHLM done to them look absolutely amazing.
hey thanks for the advice!!! got any links to any 12s with the BHLM? i wouldn't mind looking into it.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #16
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
hey thanks for the advice!!! got any links to any 12s with the BHLM? i wouldn't mind looking into it.
Heres a link to a black 2012 w/ BHLM. I just think it looks amazing on the 2012 and really make the truck, but it might just be me.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...sport-6mt.html
Old 01-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
nice truck. love the 2012s
thanks!!! i love all the tacoma models..especially the first generations, but i must admit that i am pretty happy with the 2012 so far.

Quote:
Heres a link to a black 2012 w/ BHLM. I just think it looks amazing on the 2012 and really make the truck, but it might just be me.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...sport-6mt.html
thanks for the link. the BHLM looks nice...ill definitely consider doing that once i have the money. i've pretty much ran myself broke after buying the lift and tires...i was thinking about doing the line x on the n-fabs and the skid plate...what do you think about that?
Old 01-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #18

Quote:
thanks!!! i love all the tacoma models..especially the first generations, but i must admit that i am pretty happy with the 2012 so far.

thanks for the link. the BHLM looks nice...ill definitely consider doing that once i have the money. i've pretty much ran myself broke after buying the lift and tires...i was thinking about doing the line x on the n-fabs and the skid plate...what do you think about that?
I think that the Xliner would look awesome on the n-fabs and skid. The thing about eh BHLM is that its supposed to be cheep. It will cost you a can a black spray paint and some of your time, but yeah a lift and tires will run you dry real quick. This site is detrimental to my wallet ahaha.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #19

Quote:
I think that the Xliner would look awesome on the n-fabs and skid. The thing about eh BHLM is that its supposed to be cheep. It will cost you a can a black spray paint and some of your time, but yeah a lift and tires will run you dry real quick. This site is detrimental to my wallet ahaha.
haha!! this site definitely gives me a lot of ideas and like you said...has cost me a lot of money during the last month. thanks for the advice again!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #20

Quote:
haha!! this site definitely gives me a lot of ideas and like you said...has cost me a lot of money during the last month. thanks for the advice again!!!
No problem! Glad to help. Definitely need to post some pics when you throw that life and those tires on .

Products Discussed in this Thread