Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Mr Dark: Banff2007Tacoma Build

Old 01-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Mr Dark: Banff2007Tacoma Build

Something Wicked This Way Comes

First off I need to thank some people. Need to thank way tomany to mention on here from my local club CT4WD but a few that also belong onhere. CalgaryRider, Freeze and Hounddog.

I would also like to thank a few members on Tacoma World who took the time to respond to my many questions and PM’s.

Inked Tacoma who helped with all my questions about my wheels.

907taco who answered all the questions about the Dakarsprings.

PSU Taco85 for the write up on the Dakar springs and OZ-Tfor linking it to every thread on the subject.

And a very huge thanks to nOrth that not only has an awesome write up of his build but answered all my questions when I asked them.

2007 TRD Offroad access cab manual 6 speed V6.

Mods:

Suspension:

OME Suspension Kit Includes:

2885 Coils

90000 FrontNitrocharger Sport Shocks

N182 Rear Shocks

OME95PF5 Trim PackerFront

CS047R* Rear LeafSpring 2.75" Lift

OMEU53A Rear U-bolts

FK29 Rear CarrierBearing spacer

Light Racing upper control arms

collars and shims from local spring shop.

Allpro E-locker guard

Wheels and Tires:

BFG AT 285/75/16

KMC Enduro 16 inch wheels black.

This is what it first looked like.

And now

BFG AT and KMC Enduro

Dakar's

Light Racing UCA's

CV's look a little off but hopefully someone can confirm and also give me advice on how to correct it.

More pictures to come soon.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery

Looks Great Dave! Im also on CT4WD.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post

Looks Great Dave! Im also on CT4WD.
Hey thanks Ian. Yeah I know I have drooled over your truck many a times lol. I am really happy the way it turned out. More mods to come hopefully but itching to test it out on a CT4WD run soon.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #4
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Good job!! Looks really good !! Good choice with the suspension !!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
Hey thanks Brock. Yeah I know I have drooled over your truck many a times lol. I am really happy the way it turned out. More mods to come hopefully but itching to test it out on a CT4WD run soon.
Thanks! Haha its hard to look at my own truck and be satisfied. Ive always wanted a black Tacoma and i love the way you did yours. Hopefully we'll see eachother on the trail soon.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Thanks! Haha its hard to look at my own truck and be satisfied. Ive always wanted a black Tacoma and i love the way you did yours. Hopefully we'll see eachother on the trail soon.
I love the way your truck looks and I like seeing all your trail pic's. I GOT to get out to Nelson one of these days. I think there may be some trail runs near Cranbrook this year and hopefully we can meet then if we both go.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
I love the way your truck looks and I like seeing all your trail pic's. I GOT to get out to Nelson one of these days. I think there may be some trail runs near Cranbrook this year and hopefully we can meet then if we both go.
Thanks, i love taking pictures

I need to take the course one of these days. That means planning a weekend in Calgary. Hopefully in the next couple months. Then im sure ill see you on one of the runs.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
CV's look to be in good shape, no worries there. Nice truck.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #9
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man, love it!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #10
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin sleek bro nice
Old 01-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Thanks, i love taking pictures

I need to take the course one of these days. That means planning a weekend in Calgary. Hopefully in the next couple months. Then im sure ill see you on one of the runs.
Yeah I need to take the course next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
CV's look to be in good shape, no worries there. Nice truck.
Thanks I was a little nervous but just wanted confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynefgretzky View Post
Nice truck man, love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagledynasty View Post
Lookin sleek bro nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Thanks everyone.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #13
06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold06tacomakev is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kev
06tacomakev's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice truck. I am tossing around the OME and the Toytec lifts. Unsure as of yet. I have an 06 access cab 4x4
How do you find the 285/75r16?
Any rubbing?
I am running a 265/75r16. I am contemplating keeping them when I do the lift. Unsure how the stock toyota wheel will be that is all.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacomakev View Post
Very Nice truck. I am tossing around the OME and the Toytec lifts. Unsure as of yet. I have an 06 access cab 4x4
How do you find the 285/75r16?
Any rubbing?
I am running a 265/75r16. I am contemplating keeping them when I do the lift. Unsure how the stock toyota wheel will be that is all.
Hi Kev.

Thanks for the compliment. Yes there was some rubbing and I trimmed a little in the front. I have not taken it out on the trail yet but I feel there might be some more trimming to be done. I do not think you will have any rubbing if you stick with the 265/75R/16. Good luck with what you decide and looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #15
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacolover443's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck man! Cant wait to see more.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #16

Got a chance to test out the new suspension this past weekend and it worked great.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #17
Drunk Canadian

Thats awesome Dave! I really wish i could have made it out there. Oh well, im sure ill see you this spring/summer
Old 04-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #18
dwsalley95 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dylan
dwsalley95's Tacoma Gallery
love you truck man. how you liking the wheels? thinking about getting some over the summer
Old 04-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Thats awesome Dave! I really wish i could have made it out there. Oh well, im sure ill see you this spring/summer
Yeah that is too bad Ian it would of been nice for you to make it. However we will see each other in the summer for sure. Hope to be out in that area if things work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsalley95 View Post
love you truck man. how you liking the wheels? thinking about getting some over the summer
Thanks I like your truck as well and I think these wheels on there would look sharp I really do like them but I did learn this past weekend you need to get in there to clean them out lol. I did not do a great job first time but I do love them. I think actually putting the hose in the holes will do the job.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #20

Also forgot to mention that since I was wheeling and plan to do more I took the caps off the wheels. More convenient and I like the look better.

Front.

Rear.