Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

2005 DCLB BIG RED BUILD

Old 01-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
daweldon is on a distinguished road

Name: Daniel
daweldon's Tacoma Gallery
2005 DCLB BIG RED BUILD

My dad bought my truck for himself in 2005, brand new. In 2010, he passed it down to me. This is it, after it became mine.

Hmmm... Think I'll throw in 2 10" Kickers.

Getting a wash before getting tint.

10% all around. Not blackout, but adequately dark.

Got a strip, too.

In the process of BHLM

A few pics of the emblems/BHLM

Some goodies came in the mail...

Last pic before lift...

Working on the AALs

Coils installed!

Lift complete, tires and wheels to come next.

Lookout, Columbia.

Decided I wanted some steps.

And that's all so far. Feedback is much appreciated!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
dwsalley95 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dylan
dwsalley95's Tacoma Gallery
i think he needs some help with his other pictures too haha
Old 01-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #4

Now it looks like a build thread! Thanks for your help RelentlessTaco, I figured it out.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
dwsalley95 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dylan
dwsalley95's Tacoma Gallery
good looking truck man wonder if ill ever see you around town
Old 01-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
How's it ride with the aal and coils on the original shocks?

**truck looks great, btw
Old 01-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #7

Dylan: You're clever.

cgs2k2: First of all, thanks for the compliment. Second; I love the way it rides. Kinda wish I had the 1/4in spacer though
Old 01-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #9
jbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Josh
jbclarke16's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man, looks good.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #10

I did 885s and the Ewheeler's 1.5 AAL. Thanks guys
Old 01-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
i like those rims man very basic
x1...and truck looks great. If it was mine though, I would color match the grill next.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #14
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i think that red looks better than Barcalona red. Stupid toyota got rid of both the that red and speedway blue
I love the Radiant red. Glad my 03 is rad red, if I got another 2nd gen, I'd want a '12 but the no radiant red kinda kills me! I guess the mag grey would be my 2nd choice.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #15
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I love the Radiant red. Glad my 03 is rad red, if I got another 2nd gen, I'd want a '12 but the no radiant red kinda kills me! I guess the mag grey would be my 2nd choice.
still not good enough that red is badass. that would have been my next choice.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #16
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
still not good enough that red is badass. that would have been my next choice.
ya, I bet the '12s would look really nice and sporty in Rad. red too
Old 01-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #17
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Its amazing what a lift and tires do to a truck nice lookin truck!

Reminds me of mine
Old 01-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #18
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
ya, I bet the '12s would look really nice and sporty in Rad. red too
my g/f was going to get a red camaro but they were crap that chevy was offering. Does red show dirt pretty bad or dust i should say???
Old 01-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #19
Frankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant future

Frankoo1234's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my g/f was going to get a red camaro but they were crap that chevy was offering. Does red show dirt pretty bad or dust i should say???
Dust.. i would say it doesnt show "bad".. just normal in my opinion..
Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #20
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin truck man!