LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Motoxerc0 2006 DCLB build

Old 01-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Motoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
Motoxerc0's Tacoma Gallery
Motoxerc0 2006 DCLB build

Current Pictures on Page 2
After seeing all the other Tacoma's on this site and getting inspiration from you guys, I've decided to make a build thread. All the work I've put into this truck really makes me appreciate it.
Current :

This is the earliest picture of the truck I could find sometime in early 2006

next came the 3 in toytec lift and 285 mts

After those tires wore out I purchased the Ats which I currently have

I then plastiderped the grille and valance

ax shovel and highlift in bed

Satoshi and BHLM and plasti derpped eyelids

Then I ditched the 3 in and installed a 6 in Fabtech in around 18 hours in my driveway with the help of my cousin

rock lights installed 4 on each side for a total of 8 lights

some interior shots

Most current picture I have with the all pro

Exterior:
-All pro front bumper
-4x innovations DCLB DOM sliders w/kickout
-Painted fenders, rear bumper, emblems and grille.
-satoshi grille mod
-BHLM
-plasti derpped eyelids
-20% front window tint to match rears

Interior:
-Wet Okoles
-weathertech liners
-painted radio shround and center console
-Cobra cb

Audio:
-Pinoeer 3200bt
-Alpine 500 mono amp
-Kicker 10 sub behind seat

Lighting:
-Rock lights
-BHLM
-Bed lights
-lights behind grille

Suspension/Wheels/Tires
-Fabtech 6 in
-Bilstein 5100 at 0
-spidertrax on front
-Moto metal 955b 16x8 painted black
-Dakota At 285/75r16

Misc:
-highlift
-2 firestick antennas
-shovel
-ax
-bed bar

Future mods (Funds permitting):
-6 inch coilovers and leaf pack
-wrap aound rear bumper
-skids
-315/75r16
-regear

that's all for now. I will keep this updated as often as I can. Hope you guys enjoy.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Motoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Some random offroad shots

Picture of my truck, Boyd's and Anthony's a while ago
Old 01-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
NRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the rough
NRXTM's Tacoma Gallery
how much did the 6inch lift cost?
Old 01-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #4

I believe I paid around 1500 a year and a half ago.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #5

Last night I cut and welded together a tire rack out of some scrap steel I had in the garage.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #6

Picked up some 4x sliders today from Chris (pAP). It's great dealing with local guys and meeting other members. I'm going to try and weld them on tomorrow,
Old 01-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #7
==========
pAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Colin - Nice meeting you too!

The sliders will be baddass on the rig... although with the monster lift.... not sure you will need them.

The truck is looking great man. The tire carrier turned out really well. I cant wait to see more! Lets get to RC soon!

Chris
Old 01-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pAP View Post
Colin - Nice meeting you too!

The sliders will be baddass on the rig... although with the monster lift.... not sure you will need them.

The truck is looking great man. The tire carrier turned out really well. I cant wait to see more! Lets get to RC soon!

Chris
Thanks. The sliders are getting bedlined as we speak should be on tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #9
==========
pAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoxerc0 View Post
Thanks. The sliders are getting bedlined as we speak should be on tomorrow.
Right on. I am wondering if I should bed line or use regular paint on the bed bars/tire carrier I am building? How is that stuff? I guess it's tough. Is it real thick after applied?
Old 01-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Right on. I am wondering if I should bed line or use regular paint on the bed bars/tire carrier I am building? How is that stuff? I guess it's tough. Is it real thick after applied?
I have used the rustoleum bed liner on my bumpers, grille and tire carrier and now the sliders and I love it. You can get it in a quart, gallon or spray can. The paint on stuff you do with a brush is alittle thicker than the spray bottle. It's no where near as textured as say line-x but it holds up well and can very easily be touched up. It's cheap too the big spray cans are 7 bucks a piece and the quart is around 20 but it'll cover whatever you need.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #11
==========

pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have used the rustoleum bed liner on my bumpers, grille and tire carrier and now the sliders and I love it. You can get it in a quart, gallon or spray can. The paint on stuff you do with a brush is alittle thicker than the spray bottle. It's no where near as textured as say line-x but it holds up well and can very easily be touched up. It's cheap too the big spray cans are 7 bucks a piece and the quart is around 20 but it'll cover whatever you need.
Ok great. I'll prob go pick some up then. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Looks good dude.
Thank you sir
Old 01-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Ok great. I'll prob go pick some up then. Thanks.
Lowes and walmart carry it although Walmart is a dollar more for the spray and like 5 more for the quart
Old 01-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #15
==========

pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lowes and walmart carry it although Walmart is a dollar more for the spray and like 5 more for the quart
Otay!

So, was always wondering... How do you apply skids to a drop bracket lift? Custom I would imagine. Don't think anyone makes them.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #16
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
sweet truck! any plans on going to bigger tires?
Old 01-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Otay!

So, was always wondering... How do you apply skids to a drop bracket lift? Custom I would imagine. Don't think anyone makes them.
I know you can get one for the procomp because the crossmember is flat but I'm not sure how much coverage the skid offers. On the fabtech because the crossmember is arched, I guess you run into problems. I've thought about welding 3/16 plate together in like 1 inch strips to contour to the arch of the crossmember. It would take some time but on day I'll attempt it and see how it turns out since no one makes one.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
sweet truck! any plans on going to bigger tires?
Thank you. As for the tires, I'm not too sure yet. Originally I wanted to run 315s but then I would of course be regearing. I may just be sticking with 285s and get some decent mts or down the road get 315s and regear. I really haven't price out gears yet so that would be the deciding factor.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #19
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
gears are expensive, but if your a 6 cylinder most people dont even re gear
Old 01-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #20

I'll keep that in mind. I wish someone local had some 35s I could throw on for a little and see how it felt.

Products Discussed in this Thread