Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

X-Runner Build

Old 01-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
Clifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: bang bang
Name: Cliff
Clifford's Tacoma Gallery
X-Runner Build

just going to copy and paste, because I'm lazy so if some stuff doesn't make a lot of sense to you guys, now you know why.

Time to find out if I am going to do something impressive or if I am going to just be pissing in the wind. Here we go.

here is a little something that proves I don't care what the norm is, I'm here to push boundries and try things no one else has, always ended up fun so far.

gansters by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

on to the X. The day I brought the ol blue terd home. I could only take a picture from this angle because I was missing the fairing that goes over the exhaust and the right rear one. Thanks to Kevin(BlackCat) for painting my new pieces.

13465_1440725130873_1015385962_1213240_7211016_n by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

I don't have a whole hell of a lot of pictures from stock, everyone knows what a stock X looks like anyways.

BHLM parked next to Clints(Ccaruluo) 2011 BR

301221_2068846395271_1068150151_31991878_5403067_n by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

After the BHLM I got the 1st gen DTLT's from MCPun wrapped/coated them and got a first gen TRD intake from X-Roller. No pictures of that either, pretty basic, everyone has seen it.

Fast forward to after my 8 months spent in Africa winning the war and I had some goodies to put on the blue terd.

First up was stereo, I've never really gone all out on a stereo before, so I figured why not. Glad that I did, couldn't be happier with out it turned out. I posted my audio specs in the audio section so I'll just throw up a few pics of the iPad in the dash.
at night:

IMG_0136 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
during the day:

IMG_0134 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

everything there set me back quiet a bit, but I wasn't quiet done blowing money just yet.
what do we have here?

IMG_0290 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
few install pics.

IMG_0292 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

IMG_0294 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

IMG_0297 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

IMG_0300 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
not bad for never having done one before, doing it in the apartment parking lot with limited tools. Good times.

algkjadsl;kjasd;lfkjasd;lfkjasd;lfkjasdfkjd;lsj; I just wasted 30 minutes on the second post and hit the back button and lost it all.

duh stupid. Time for a break before I redo all that stuff again.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
Clifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shed

suspension was of course next.

IMG_0363 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

IMG_0362 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

IMG_0364 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
DJM 3/4 notches welded in. SS sways/stock height coils and new struts for the front all installed. After the alignment this is how it sat.

IMG_0366 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
Old 01-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #3

look what I got.

IMG_0308 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

IMG_0312 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
Specs: 18x10.50 +15 all around. Great wheels for the price. If I had to do it all over again I probably would have gone more aggressive but I'm not mad about it lol.

IMG_0438 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
Installed. Tires are 275/40. Stretched, and I hate it, but they are just temporary until I get back from Korea and get the tires I really want. I plan on 305/35's all around, which leads us to what I did next. Fender roll/pull/gut. I will let the pics do the talking.
Pulled off the flares:

IMG_0402 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
Cut off the mounting tabs for the flares, you want to do this because when you use a fender roller you want the surface to be even so you dont put dimples in the metal.

IMG_0403 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
let the rolling commence!

IMG_0406 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
onto the front: wait, howd that car get in the picture?

IMG_0404 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
LS3 swapped 98 240sx race car. its a bad MF'r.

IMG_0405 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
Video of it at idle
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34724051@N03/6362930455/

where were we? oh yeah rolling the fronts:
remove flare/cut away

IMG_0415 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
lets roll...

IMG_0418 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
wash rinse repeat for other side.

this extreme of a fender roll is not for the faint of heart, once those tabs come off there is no going back.

IMG_0424 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
cutting the un needed mounting points on the fender flare.

IMG_0425 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
most of the stuff we cut out, lots of room now, no really, look!
Front:

IMG_0423 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

IMG_0422 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
Rear:

IMG_0412 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
now I'm still figuring out a "permanent" fix to securing the flares on the truck with no more mounting points, right now, I'm using 3M double sided tape, its doing ok at best so far, so when I get it worked out I'll let you know.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #4

It's no fun if you push the boundaries every once and a while lol.

heres 2 shots from the track day this weekend

first one is pushing it back into the pit lane after my batter exploded. Batter tie down failure leads to electrical fire, yadda yadda lol.

It was a drift day at the track, so I did both, ran the track a few times normal then tried my hand at drifting. I'm not very good at it lol. But it was fun.

few more shots from the track day.

Video of my buddy trying out my truck for a few laps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy4V3...layer_embedded
Old 01-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #5

small update, really a teaser, but these are the 3 pics I got from him so deal with it lol.

Clutch/Flywheel

Untitled by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

Naked: I kinda like this look, no lie lol.

getting started on the mock up:

4 link about to get started
This is what 650$ looks like:

coming together nicely, should be finished next week.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #6

oh boy.

test drive coming soon lol.

and that's where it is currently at.

4 point roll cage/harness bar next.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #7

Video
Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
nice build man! subbed to follow it.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #9

appreciate it man. It is def making some good progress lately.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #10
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
nice build. why are you embarrased about it (saying you do unconventional things)?
Old 01-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
also i tried finding the ipad dash mount in the audio section and couldnt find anything. do you have a link by chance?
Old 01-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #12
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
I love the way RPF1s look on your X-Runner. So clean. It's nice having a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, haha.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
nice build. why are you embarrased about it (saying you do unconventional things)?
I'm not, like I said, I copied and pasted this from my original build thread, so some of the stuff doesnt make sense lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
also i tried finding the ipad dash mount in the audio section and couldnt find anything. do you have a link by chance?
there is no link, its a custom piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid hurts. View Post
I love the way RPF1s look on your X-Runner. So clean. It's nice having a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, haha.
Appreciate it man, and you aren't lying. Already looking forward to getting my next set of wheels, just not the 4K price tag that comes with them lol.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #14
Wrench Ninja
Apathybot is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Crew Chief
Apathybot's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a link to the forum post for the iPad dash mount. I believe gainman was talking about that with the understanding that it is custom. I was interested in seeing it as well.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #15

I dont have any pics of the mount being made. Those pics I put up are what I have of it.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #16
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
There was ipad dash mount thread here awhile about, let me see if I can pull it up.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #17
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
hey clifford, where at in new mexico are you? im stationed at holloman afb in alamogordo
Old 01-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #18
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ld-thread.html
Old 01-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
hey clifford, where at in new mexico are you? im stationed at holloman afb in alamogordo
Sorry to hear it man, I just spent 3 terrible years there. I'm actually TDY enroute to Korea right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
reverse 4 looks good. are you going too add in a another cross brace or is that final?

mean truck brah
Appreciate it. That is going to be it for now. Have to see how it reacts under boost when my intercooler gets fixed,clutch gets broken in.