Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Holyfields Stormtrooper build

Old 01-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
GO TIGERS!
holyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
holyfield19's Tacoma Gallery
Holyfields Stormtrooper build

So I know this is just what we need, another stormtrooper build, but here we go.

UPDATED 05/27/2014
Lift installed Pg. 4:

Added a new SOS Concepts Bumper

Purchased an 06 DCSB sport in January 2011. I need to find a picture of how it looked then. Pretty much it only had some Mickey Thompson classic II's on it. (pic to come).

Since then I have added many extras:
Debadged it (I think it looks much cleaner without the badges)

Blacked out Tails and 3rd Brake light

Billet grille (painted black) with 4" round driving lights from westin

Scanguage II

Weathertech floor liners and window visors
LED map/dome/parking/license plate bulbs
10 Disc CD changer behind rear passenger seat

Put the wired remote in the change bin in front of the shifter. Also added a Hurst T-handel shifter

Just added one of these: USA SPEC iPod adaptor

Wet Okole seat covers (front only)

18"x9" XD Monsters

285/65 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Cab Mount Chop.....still need to box it in

Black Headlight housings
Morimoto Mini D2S retro/Audi style Strip lights/Blazer Fog retro

Anytime Fog Light Mod
N-Fab Side rails (thanks to Suttonkb) Removed
SOS Sliders installed Thanks to jeffvt0508

Added reverse lights under rear bumper

7 pin Relocation into the Bumper

K&N drop in air filter
URD short throw shifter
URD Throw out bearing replacement

Took the time to paint the lower valence today...Looks much better

Added a shorter/modified shifter made by Coupe, to go along with the URD SS. 9 1/2" long instead of the stock 11" (3rd one in picture). HUGE improvement on shifting, no more sloppy mess.

This is just the begging to My Build I'll add pictures when I get a chance, right now I have to tend to the kiddies. More Pics to come soon of other things.........stayed tuned...........let me know what you think!
Old 01-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I wanna see those pics too!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
GO TIGERS!
suttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
suttonkb's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to suttonkb
finally got it up! (thats what she said) but good to see. ready to see some pics with those bars i sold ya
Old 01-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
WOW great build man! An you said you still have more to come? I'm sub'd!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work man I love the fog light retro. Did you tint your tail lights your self?
Old 01-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #7
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Really nice, where did you get the lights under the rear bumper?
Old 01-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #8
GO TIGERS!
holyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08PRELB View Post
Nice work man I love the fog light retro. Did you tint your tail lights your self?
Yes, did it with very dark vinyl, but when it starts to go south i think i am going to spray them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Really nice, where did you get the lights under the rear bumper?
Auto zone. They are really a big help at night, and for the money, very bright. All I did was tap into the hot wire for the reverse lights, and ran a common ground for both. Easy, very simple, just a few wire taps and some screws.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #9
Ethan
ezjumper8 will become famous soon enough

Marines: 1-5
Name: ethan
ezjumper8's Tacoma Gallery
where did you find those headlights they look sick, you should put up a photo of them lit up all the way
Old 02-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #10
GO TIGERS!

Alright, so I am thinking that my next mod may be to remove the grille I have now and do the satoshi. I figure that it is a time consuming process (like the retro headlights). So what i'm doing now is making a materials list to see what i come up with. I know there are several ways to do it, what would be the best way is my question to you. Not looking to buy one.....looking to make one. where to get the mesh, what kind, and how to attach it are my main questions.

Also once it is done (may take a while), this grille will be up for sale, probably the lights as well. But I may satoshi the lower valence as well and put the 4" lights down there. This is a work in progress and i'm in the planing stage now, so anything goes.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #11
A.J.taco is on a distinguished road
A.J.taco's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get that grille?
Old 02-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #12
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
thats a sick little stormtrooper my friend. what did you wire your back up lights into?
Old 02-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #13
GO TIGERS!

Thank man, it's a work in progress. The extra lights are wired into the factory wiring so they come on with the stock reverse lights.

Wow you going to Kodiak? my cousin just did a 4 year tour up there with the U.S.C.G.. He loved it, now he is in Hawaii, but i think he wants to go back to Alaska. Have fun up there, be safe, and watch your back and ayour buddies.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #14
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cool man i figured you probably did that. im prob gana do the same thing, did you do that yourself???

and really now, ya im sooo freakin pumped to go man, this time next month i'll be on the ferry out of washington to alaska!! what rate(job) is he?
Old 02-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
GO TIGERS!

Yeah just find the hot wire for the reverse lights and tap it, then just make a common gorund connection for both to the frame somewhere and your done. It's easy.

My cousin is a rescue swimmer, EST, or something like that i'll have to find out to be sure.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #16
Pavement Pounder
MWink is on a distinguished road

Name: Max
MWink's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of lift are you runnin?
Old 02-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #17

ya im going to have to do that, do you remember wat wire it was so i dont have to get a volt meter out to see which one it is??!?!

and he is an AST ehhh??!?!? im an AMT. i fix the helicopters and am the guy that would put hoist him from the helo.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #18
GO TIGERS!

I'll look at the wires in a few days and get back to you on that

As far as the U.S.C.G. goes, you guys are everyday heros. He tells me some stories every now and then and i'm blown away most of the time. So I would like to thank you for doing what you do.