1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Controversial BSP/Chrome Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by CNewell, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Jan 31, 2012 at 11:26 AM
    CNewell

CNewell [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Camron
    PA
    Vehicle:
    My '09 TRD Sport DCSB
    Hybrid Audio (front and back), Pioneer Shallow Mount 10" Sub, Pioneer 4ch Amp, bridged RE Audio Amp, WeatherTech Digital Fit (front and back), Flyzeye Interior LED, 18" Chrome Moto Metal 951's, 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZ's, Bilstein 5100 shocks (front and back), Eibach coils, Light Racing/SPC UCA's, Black Billet Grille (5pc), Hella 500's, Black Diamond Light Bar, Truxedo LoProQT
    So I purchased this truck after selling my 2004 BMW M3 in February 2011. It has been a great truck, and definitely won't be the last Toyota I own. Currently, we are looking at the Rav4's for my wife.

Mod List:
    Hybrid Audio (front 6x9 and back 6.5)
    Pioneer Shallow Mount 10" Sub
    Pioneer 4ch Amp
    bridged RE Audio Amp
    WeatherTech Digital Fit (front and back)
    Flyzeye Interior LED
    Super Bright LED's Map and Dome Light
    18" Chrome Moto Metal 951's
    285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZ's
    Bilstein 5100 shocks (front @.85 and back)
    Eibach coils
    Light Racing/SPC UCA's
    Black Billet Grille
    Hella 500ff's
    CHLM (Chrome Headlight Mod)
    Nokya Yellow Fog light Bulbs
    Philips Ultra Headlight bulbs
    Philips Ultra Hella bulbs
    Black Diamond/Elusive Elements Light Bar
    Truxedo LoProQT

This is how she sits today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (My hand at HDR)

This is what was sold

[​IMG]

This is it the day after I bought it. Had to have the 4x4

[​IMG]

The first mod came in the way of dirty Cabela Trail Gear floor mats (WeatherTech)

[​IMG]

After that, the addiction started. It started with little things, like the Flyzeye Light and LED interior lights (superbrightled)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After, came the stereo. I wanted to keep the interior factory, so I didn't replace the head unit. I put in 6x9 hybrid audio in the front, and 6.5 in the rear. The amp powering them is a Pioneer 9500F (4ch) hidden under the drivers seat

[​IMG]

I drove around like that for a while, and decided to complete the system with a sub. The box is from Taco Tunes and the sub is a Pioneer Shallow Mount.

[​IMG]

The amp powering the sub is a RE Audio 2ch that is supplying 300w rms bridged (little wire mess but will be fixed)

[​IMG]

So with the stereo done, I went ahead and tinted my windows. I don't have any pictures of directly after, but you will see them below.

After the window tinting, I decided to throw on a lift with new wheels and tires. The lift of choice was bilstein 5100's all around set at .85 with eibach coils and a 1.5" aal from toytech. The UCA's are LightRacing (LR or SPC)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wheel choice was 18" MotoMetal 951's in chrome wrapped in Cooper Zeon LTZ's. (I know black is what everyone does, and that is why I went chrome. This is the part of the build that can be found "controversial" :D)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted something that would cover my bed, but also give me the use of a full bed if I needed it. So truck alterations sent me a Truxedo LoPro QT.

[​IMG]

Right when I was getting to where I wanted it, I found some more stuff I needed, like the CHLM. Didn't want to do the BHLM like everyone else, so enough already haha. The bulbs are Philips Ultra's and the Fogs are Nokya Yellow. Blinkers are dipped chrome and the corners are LED from superbrightled.

[​IMG]

Since I dressed up the headlights, I had to dress up the grille. So I threw in a PC'd matte black billet grille, along with a Elusive Elements (Tim) light bar running Hella 500ff's with headlight matching bulbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So that is pretty much where she sits now. Here are some more shots of her, no particular order:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jan 31, 2012 at 11:27 AM
    CNewell

Member:
    First Name:
    Camron
    PA
    Vehicle:
    My '09 TRD Sport DCSB
    Hybrid Audio (front and back), Pioneer Shallow Mount 10" Sub, Pioneer 4ch Amp, bridged RE Audio Amp, WeatherTech Digital Fit (front and back), Flyzeye Interior LED, 18" Chrome Moto Metal 951's, 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZ's, Bilstein 5100 shocks (front and back), Eibach coils, Light Racing/SPC UCA's, Black Billet Grille (5pc), Hella 500's, Black Diamond Light Bar, Truxedo LoProQT
    Reserved

3. Jan 31, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Looks awesome man...nothing "controversial" about that truck! You gonna pull the badges or no? Looks great! :thumbsup:

4. Jan 31, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    Eagledynasty

Eagledynasty The White Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Worcester, MassHole
    Vehicle:
    09 Super White DoubleCab Off-Road
    2009 SWDC O/R. Check Build!
    Sweet look man! Like the rims. Glad someone changed it up and taking a different route. Nice Job!!

5. Jan 31, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    2010Tacoma4x4

2010Tacoma4x4 "Man Ho"

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5
    Tinted windows, Bug deflector, Rain guards, Bed mat, Rear leaf TSB, Bilsteins front & rear (front set @ 1.75), 16x8 chrome Helo wheels, Toyo open country AT P265/75/R16 tires. CBI bolt on sliders. BSP color matched M1 Satoshi grill. BHLM. UWS low profile black powder coat crosover truckbox. Pioneer DVD/CD head unit - 4 channel amp - front mids & highs - 8" sub box.
    I like the look of chrome on black!! (as you can see with my own taco)

+1 for you :D

6. Jan 31, 2012 at 1:49 PM
    CNewell

Member:
    First Name:
    Camron
    PA
    Vehicle:
    My '09 TRD Sport DCSB
    I don't think I will pull the badges, as it kinda ties the wheels and all the other chrome together. Thanks for the compliments!

7. Jan 31, 2012 at 1:49 PM
    CNewell

Member:
    First Name:
    Camron
    PA
    Vehicle:
    My '09 TRD Sport DCSB
    +1 for you too my friend, love the truck!

8. Jan 31, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    CNewell

Member:
    First Name:
    Camron
    PA
    Vehicle:
    My '09 TRD Sport DCSB
    Yeah, black on black looks great, just got tired of seeing everyone on here with it haha

9. Jan 31, 2012 at 4:15 PM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven
    Very nice!

10. Jan 31, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    CNewell

Member:
    First Name:
    Camron
    PA
    Vehicle:
    My '09 TRD Sport DCSB
    Thanks man, where about in PA are you?

11. Jan 31, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    Dark_Taco

Dark_Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro
    Stock
    Nice clean truck.

12. Jan 31, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven
    Western, about an hour from the ohio border

13. Jan 31, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    What part are you in??? I grew up in North East PA...

14. Feb 1, 2012 at 6:58 AM
    CNewell

Member:
    First Name:
    Camron
    PA
    Vehicle:
    My '09 TRD Sport DCSB
    I just moved to the Montgomeryville area. Its about 40 minutes north of Philly.

15. Feb 1, 2012 at 7:17 AM
    Eagledynasty

Eagledynasty The White Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Worcester, MassHole
    Vehicle:
    09 Super White DoubleCab Off-Road
    2009 SWDC O/R. Check Build!
    Go Phils!!!!

16. Feb 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    CNewell

Member:
    First Name:
    Camron
    PA
    Vehicle:
    My '09 TRD Sport DCSB
    Oh yes! Already a huge fan

17. Feb 1, 2012 at 5:11 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Camron,
    Like the Taco. Great mods to start off with. Keep them coming. You know there's a lot more to be done. :D

BTW, that BMW was tight!!!

18. Feb 2, 2012 at 8:39 AM
    CNewell

Member:
    First Name:
    Camron
    PA
    Vehicle:
    My '09 TRD Sport DCSB
    I know, I truly miss the M3, but I couldn't justify both cars, and the BMW was too nice to drive in the winter...

Products Discussed in

To Top