Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Controversial BSP/Chrome Build

Old 01-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
CNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Information Systems Technician / IT2
Name: Camron
CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Controversial BSP/Chrome Build

So I purchased this truck after selling my 2004 BMW M3 in February 2011. It has been a great truck, and definitely won't be the last Toyota I own. Currently, we are looking at the Rav4's for my wife.

Mod List:
Hybrid Audio (front 6x9 and back 6.5)
Pioneer Shallow Mount 10" Sub
Pioneer 4ch Amp
bridged RE Audio Amp
WeatherTech Digital Fit (front and back)
Flyzeye Interior LED
Super Bright LED's Map and Dome Light
18" Chrome Moto Metal 951's
285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZ's
Bilstein 5100 shocks (front @.85 and back)
Eibach coils
Light Racing/SPC UCA's
Black Billet Grille
Hella 500ff's
CHLM (Chrome Headlight Mod)
Nokya Yellow Fog light Bulbs
Philips Ultra Headlight bulbs
Philips Ultra Hella bulbs
Black Diamond/Elusive Elements Light Bar
Truxedo LoProQT

This is how she sits today

(My hand at HDR)

This is what was sold

This is it the day after I bought it. Had to have the 4x4

The first mod came in the way of dirty Cabela Trail Gear floor mats (WeatherTech)

After that, the addiction started. It started with little things, like the Flyzeye Light and LED interior lights (superbrightled)

After, came the stereo. I wanted to keep the interior factory, so I didn't replace the head unit. I put in 6x9 hybrid audio in the front, and 6.5 in the rear. The amp powering them is a Pioneer 9500F (4ch) hidden under the drivers seat

I drove around like that for a while, and decided to complete the system with a sub. The box is from Taco Tunes and the sub is a Pioneer Shallow Mount.

The amp powering the sub is a RE Audio 2ch that is supplying 300w rms bridged (little wire mess but will be fixed)

So with the stereo done, I went ahead and tinted my windows. I don't have any pictures of directly after, but you will see them below.

After the window tinting, I decided to throw on a lift with new wheels and tires. The lift of choice was bilstein 5100's all around set at .85 with eibach coils and a 1.5" aal from toytech. The UCA's are LightRacing (LR or SPC)

The wheel choice was 18" MotoMetal 951's in chrome wrapped in Cooper Zeon LTZ's. (I know black is what everyone does, and that is why I went chrome. This is the part of the build that can be found "controversial" )

I wanted something that would cover my bed, but also give me the use of a full bed if I needed it. So truck alterations sent me a Truxedo LoPro QT.

Right when I was getting to where I wanted it, I found some more stuff I needed, like the CHLM. Didn't want to do the BHLM like everyone else, so enough already haha. The bulbs are Philips Ultra's and the Fogs are Nokya Yellow. Blinkers are dipped chrome and the corners are LED from superbrightled.

Since I dressed up the headlights, I had to dress up the grille. So I threw in a PC'd matte black billet grille, along with a Elusive Elements (Tim) light bar running Hella 500ff's with headlight matching bulbs.

So that is pretty much where she sits now. Here are some more shots of her, no particular order:

Old 01-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet look man! Like the rims. Glad someone changed it up and taking a different route. Nice Job!!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
"Man Ho"
2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
2010Tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look of chrome on black!! (as you can see with my own taco)

+1 for you
Old 01-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
CNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to behold

CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
Looks awesome man...nothing "controversial" about that truck! You gonna pull the badges or no? Looks great!
I don't think I will pull the badges, as it kinda ties the wheels and all the other chrome together. Thanks for the compliments!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #7

CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Tacoma4x4 View Post
I like the look of chrome on black!! (as you can see with my own taco)

+1 for you
+1 for you too my friend, love the truck!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #8

CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagledynasty View Post
Sweet look man! Like the rims. Glad someone changed it up and taking a different route. Nice Job!!
Yeah, black on black looks great, just got tired of seeing everyone on here with it haha
Old 01-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #11
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice clean truck.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #12
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNewell View Post
Thanks man, where about in PA are you?
Western, about an hour from the ohio border
Old 02-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #14

CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
What part are you in??? I grew up in North East PA...
I just moved to the Montgomeryville area. Its about 40 minutes north of Philly.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #15
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNewell View Post
I just moved to the Montgomeryville area. Its about 40 minutes north of Philly.
Go Phils!!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #17
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Camron,
Like the Taco. Great mods to start off with. Keep them coming. You know there's a lot more to be done.

BTW, that BMW was tight!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #18

CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Camron,
Like the Taco. Great mods to start off with. Keep them coming. You know there's a lot more to be done.

BTW, that BMW was tight!!!
I know, I truly miss the M3, but I couldn't justify both cars, and the BMW was too nice to drive in the winter...