Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

NoSoup4You's First Build Ever

Old 03-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #22
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
solid build. how do you like the banks exhaust?
killer. it was a bit loud at first, but once I got it broken-in and all the fittings nice and tight, I loved it.

some throttle response increase, not sure about power or MPG. but man does it sound good - i will try to get a decent clip up someday...
Old 03-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #23
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks good man
Old 03-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #24
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

**Build Update**

Lots of updates about to roll in .. I have been spending more time with the truck than the camera and computer...

I picked up a new prerunner style front bumper, sleeved DOM, made by SurfInferno - great guy to deal with and a great quality bumper.

Some pics of the tear down:

I had the bumper powdercoated the same textured black as the Pack Rack to match - the rack is about to get welded together and re-coated

Without the skid:

With the bare aluminum skid installed (would love to get a logo or something laser cut for air flow)

Moar pics to come of the KR Tiregate installed and some new off road lights and switches.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #26

**Build Update**

Photos of the KR Fab Tiregate install - thanks again to jjbsocal!!

A close-up of the new hardware installed to freshen it up, including welded t-handles with locks (I know you can practically snap these with your hand - but it deters a lot of people)

Moar pics coming ...
Old 03-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #27
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
TRUCK LOOKS KILLER MAN! id love to have a 4wd like yours
Old 03-26-2012, 12:59 AM   #28
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
looking good man!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #29
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Saw your truck on the 5 today (creepy sounding?), looks insane in person. Going to have to check it out up close without endangering others on the freeway
Old 03-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrom View Post
Saw your truck on the 5 today (creepy sounding?), looks insane in person. Going to have to check it out up close without endangering others on the freeway
creepy? what does that mean?
I also had my bike rack in the hitch, so it looked extra rigged-out.

Will get some good shots of the mounted tent soon - it worked great in Ocotillo last weekend for RecklessTaco's b-day.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #31

**Photo Update**

Some pictures of the truck in Ocotillo Wells this past weekend.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #32
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
creepy? what does that mean?
I also had my bike rack in the hitch, so it looked extra rigged-out.

Will get some good shots of the mounted tent soon - it worked great in Ocotillo last weekend for RecklessTaco's b-day.
"creepy" as in stalking you and made a point to pass on drivers side then slow down and let you pass on passenger side to get a good look at the truck.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #33

Quote:
"creepy" as in stalking you and made a point to pass on drivers side then slow down and let you pass on passenger side to get a good look at the truck.
oh, haha .. I thought you meant the truck sounded creepy.

nah I do that all the time when I see something awesome, can't believe I got that kind of attention
Old 03-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #34

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
The bed rack and tent really stands out. Also The tire gate also caught my attention. Truck looks and sounds really good. Never thought I'd be thinking about exhaust but yours sounds pretty good running up the 5
Old 03-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #35

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Also just noticed in another post you said you re-geared. Did you get that done locally? Trying to find a good shop to regear when I have to fix my front diff again.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #36

Quote:
Also just noticed in another post you said you re-geared. Did you get that done locally? Trying to find a good shop to regear when I have to fix my front diff again.
I got it done at Socal Supertrucks in San Bernardino.

You will get lots of opinion from people when you price out gears and install so just stick with what makes you comfortable. I tried to contact the current group buy vendor for gears but didn't get a response. Socal wanted about $150 more total for the parts (Nitro gears and install kits) and had them the next day ready for install, so I couldn't really argue.

Install was pricey - $450 per axle, but totally worth it. They had two guys tag-team the install and I was out of there within 4 hours including a free alignment. They did amazing work and the gears feel perfect so far.

After some research today, it appears the speed sensors for Tacoma are in the trans like most vehicles so re-gearing will alter your speedo. Good news is that with 4.56 and 285/75 my speedo is only running 1-2MPH under True Speed (tested with GPS)

I would talk to Casey at Socal for more info, tell him I sent you - "David with the silver Taco" should be enough to remember me - mention TW also as he is looking for more business to come from the forums.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #37

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Will do! Did you have the front diff vibe? Thinking about trying the ecgs bushing at the same time.
Thanks again.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #38

Quote:
Will do! Did you have the front diff vibe? Thinking about trying the ecgs bushing at the same time.
Thanks again.
im not familiar with the ecgs bushings .. will have to research those.

I dont have any new vibrations with the gears even in 4x4
the steering wheel has a new shake between 60-65, but I am pretty sure that is due to unbalanced wheels
Old 03-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #39
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery

this shot is sick! along with the truck! im lovin the rear setup
Old 04-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #40

**Gears!**

Some photos of the 4.56 Nitro gears going in .. not much to see, but I finally took the photos off my phone

Coming soon: Pack Rack was welded and re-coated - no more rust!
Finishing wiring the HIDs along with the aux fuse panel and tray