Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

NoSoup4You's First Build Ever

Old 02-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
NoSoup4You's First Build Ever

My first truck build .. let me know what you think!

After trading in my Subaru STi for a barely-used 2008 Tacoma 4x4 I didn't let it stay stock for long
I started looking for a modest suspension lift and ended up with mid-travel all around
After one year I took the plunge into LT

Front Long Travel

King 2.5 x 8" Coilovers with resi and comp adjusters
Camburg LT kit with heimed UCAs
Camburg 4x4 axles
Camburg secondary shock hoop with DMZ gussets
DMZ coil bucket cross brace
Total Chaos cam tab and coil bucket gussets
Total Chaos spindle gussets

Front Mid Travel - gone!
Total Chaos UCAs
ICON 2.5" extended travel coilover-resi

Rear Suspension
BAMF 2nd Gen shock relocation kit
King 12" x 2.0 with remote resi
All-Pro Expo leafs
All-Pro U-bolt flip kit -Timbren bump stops
All-Pro Extended brake lines

Exterior
McNeil 3.5" front fenders (thanks Hiatt)
Toyo Open Country Muds 285/75
KMC Enduro wheels - 16x8
All-Pro IFS skid
Pelfreybilt Prerunner front bumper
Baja Designs Prerunner 6" HIDs
KR Fab tiregate
BAMF hybrid sliders
BAMF rear diff skid
Brute Force Fab standard rear bumper w/ reverse lights
All-Pro Pack Rack (all joints welded instead of bolt-together)
Tepui Ayer roof top tent (switched to this smaller size from the Kukenam)

Interior
Lighted 4x4 Switch mod
Valentine 1 - hardwired
Clarion VX401 with NP401 navigation add-on
PAC SWI-JACKv1 steering wheel interface
Cobra 75 WX ST w/ Wilson Flex 3' antenna
BlueSeas aux fuse panel
Carling Tech accessory switches
DIY washable cabin filter

Performance
Nitro 4.56 gears
Banks Monster exhaust

Waiting Patiently in the Garage
Defined Engineering shackle cross brace
Waterproof rock lights and bed lights
STL dust lights
Rigid Dually D2s

Next up...
iPad in-dash
Rear LT

Latest Addition: BAMF shock relocation kit with King 12s

Thanks to Gregero for this pic

Let the photo roll begin...

Not quite the day I bought it, but close enough

The parts pile begins to build

Clarion DVD and NAV are the first in..

.. after that, the 4x4 switch is my first must have mod!

The Valentine 1 gets hardwired .. this thing has paid for itself many times over

Installed in just a few minutes, and a great fit and sound

A large delivery truck approaches...

...and leaves a nice new roof top tent in my garage (sadly it's still there after 2 weeks .. I need to get this installed)

All-Pro finished my made to order Pack Rack in great time and quality
(powdercoat is finished .. more pics and the install coming soon)

While visiting the shop, I impulse bought the IFS skid

Old 02-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
can't wait to see pics of the pac rack, looks good man
Old 02-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man, looks awesome
Old 02-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

added one decent pic from the beach yesterday .. and photos of the Clarion / 4x4 switch / V1 install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
can't wait to see pics of the pac rack, looks good man
I can't wait to see it installed either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynefgretzky View Post
Nice man, looks awesome
Thanks!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
sick truck man, sub'd for an awsome build. you put in the cobra 75 yet?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
09slvrtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: John
09slvrtaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice looking truck.... MORE PIC's!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Looking forward to seeing that rack installed.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
Looking forward to seeing that rack installed.
I tried to get it installed today but had some issues with the powder coating .. they forgot to mask where I asked and all the joints are no longer free to lock together.

I spent about an hour with sand paper, and another with a drill and wire brushes .. good to know this stuff is tough!

Luckily the shop said they would handle it for me, so I am dropping all the pieces off tomorrow morning and hope to pick them up at night for a quick install (fingers crossed)
Old 02-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #10
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Hope they can take care of that for you, keep us posted.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #11
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Nice ride man!!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Looks good man! Keep up the good work!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
Hope they can take care of that for you, keep us posted.
Probably won't have the rack til Friday or Monday, dang it.

In other news my N-Fab spare tire carrier might be for sale soon as it won't work with the Pack Rack installed
Old 02-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #15
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
Probably won't have the rack til Friday or Monday, dang it.

In other news my N-Fab spare tire carrier might be for sale soon as it won't work with the Pack Rack installed
Truck looks good man! I a custom tire carrier in the future.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #16
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
LOL, "A large delivery truck approaches"
Old 02-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #17

**Build Update**

The Pack Rack is assembled!

But not quite installed yet

I have to finish the CB install for the upcoming Ocotillo meet (my first meet - should be fun) - I finished the antenna install today and the Cobra 75 tomorrow afternoon.

A few shots of the N-Fab carrier with full size spare (KMC Enduro black ... Toyo Open County MT 33") before removing it to install the CB
This is probably going for sale once the Pack Rack is installed...

Here is the antenna install kit as purchased

A little modification to the mounting plate (meant to be clamped over a bar or side-view) so it will fit in the utility track

The finished mount installed on the drivers side using shorter stainless hardware w/ lock washers. Also have the Firestik Quik-Release installed.

A shot of the finished install (after running cable into the cab) with 3' Wilson Flex antenna.

I will be finishing up the radio install tomorrow for sure, and will most likely mount the Pack Rack before the meet. Lots of pics to come after the trip .. and a decent exterior shot finally!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #18

**Build Update**

Finally had a few minutes to catch up on the photos. After an awesome weekend in Ocotillo (thanks again to SpeedFreek and RecklessTaco) I have a whole new wish list

I would have liked to integrate the CB in a switch blank, but I needed it installed as quickly as possible whilst still looking decent.

I took the dremel to my coin tray for the cable pass-through

The finished coin tray with the mic connector ready for the radio
Not too bad

With the Cobra 75 WX ST installed and ready for the trail

A quick shot of the Pack Rack installed
(spare tire temporarily re-located, since the N-Fab doesn't fit - it stayed secure like this all weekend off-roading)

A few shots in Ocotillo Wells - we ran in to some nasty clay by the Salton Sea - this stuff eats paint and metal, but I was lucky enough to get out fairly damage-free. If it wasn't for mud terrains and 4WD I would have been stuck like 7 other trucks that day - you know who you are

This Jeep was having a great time at Shell Reef

Definitely more to come .. plus some shots from Joshua Tree this Saturday
Old 02-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #19
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Really diggin that pack rack! Ever think about getting a tiregate?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post
Really diggin that pack rack! Ever think about getting a tiregate?
Thanks - I will have the roof tent mounted soon, just didn't want to trash it offroad 2 weekends in a row.

Definitely like the tiregate .. pre-runner style .. ooooh myy! (in my best George Takei impression)

...but, I would rather spend $900 on a front bumper and keep using the tie down for now