Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

building tacoma16

Old 02-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma16: Build

Update 01/03/14

Relentless fab bumper is installed with full OME lift. Will be posting some more pictures soon

2010 DCLB SR5 Toyota Tacoma
I got the truck brand new, and my plan is to slowly build it up so it can go on some mild to moderate level trials but also be able to be a reliable daily driver. I plan on keeping this truck for a very long time, so longevity is always in mind with every modification. Let me know what you think.

Always check the last page for updates.

Current MOD's
Interior
Weather tech floor mats (front only for now)
4 Rocker switches (http://www.otrattw.com/)
wet okoles- front and rear
door sill protectors
Backup camera anytime mod
Illuminated 4x4 switch
Rear storage bin delete
Exterior
Avid light bar (line xd) (SOLD)
Relocated rear differential Breather
Extra d-rings
High lift mount
Tonneau cover
Relentless CB attena bracket
Wilson Adjustable Atenna
Relentless tie down brackets
Armour
Relenless IFS Skid
Relentless Mid skid
Relentless transfer skid (Modiefied)
Relentless 2X3 rock rails with kickout
Relentless Front bumper
Relentless HC Rear Bumper (sitting in the garage)
Suspension
Front
886 coils
Nitrocharger shocks
Superbumps (in the garage)
LR UCA

Rear
OME dakars with nitrocharger sport shocks
u-bolt flip kit
wheelers superbumps bumps stops (modified to fit with flip kit)
Electrical
Blue sea fuse box
Relay "station"
2x Hella 500 converted to HID (SOLD)
1.5 KC backup lights (ones broke)
2x bed lights
Cobra 75 CB
21 Inch Blitz pro Lightbar

On order: 2 Rigid Dually (amber floods) for fogs
2 Rigid Dually (diffused) for backups
Pelfreybilt battery box/cage
Misc.
Exhaust re-route and dump
extended brake lines
plastic storage bin behind rear seat delete
Wishlist
winch? synthetic or cable? hook or thimble? need help on this one....
255/85/16 tires->coopers or KM2s
More skids (LCA, Diff <--are they worth it?), gas tank)

Maintenance/stuff that's got to be done
-re-do electrical-->relays, aux fuse box, solder connection, ect.
-touch up hood and re-install cb attenna mount and attena
-straighten out mid skid
-re-adjust front bumper
-rotate tires
Install:
-duallys, fog and backups-->need a fog light switch...where to put that
-install tailgate reinforcement
-install battery box and 31m battery
-Install HC rear bumper
-Make and install console organizer
-install front bumpstops
Old 02-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I got my truck in 2010, and i have been slowly building it up. My first Mods were pretty small, but still very important.

Added the weather techs which are a must have if you live in a snowy area, or its wet/muddy

I then got some door sill protectors, cause i noticed they were getting pretty sccratched up

After i noticed my interior was turning a shade of brown from all the dirt i was bringing in from work, i thought some seat covers would be a great idea. All black to keep the maintence down.

I always wanted a offroad bumper, so knowing that i couldnt get a full plate bumper I ordered a Avid offroad light bar.

EDIT:Well I started getting out onto the trail a bit more and said screw it, and ordered a plate bumper. Heres the light bar...soon to be a plate bumper, waiting for Relentless fab, going to be sweet.

Best pic i have.

Then I went on a winter off-roading trip with the gang on SONTT where I learned that the light bar wasn't the best option due to ground clearance, and my tires were shit.

Almost lost my side mirror in this pic

Darn trees

So after that run, came out pretty dirty, with a lot of knowledge. This is where I kinda determined where my build should go, and that I definatly needed to be better prepared to have a good time on the trail.

So a little while later I got new tires, which was an awesome upgrade. Originally wanted goodyear durtracts a/t tire but got the mud tire for a good price so why not.

Decided on some better lighting, and a better way to have all of it wired

Switches (before)

After

Decided armor was a good idea
Skids

Sliders

Soon to come
Old 02-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #3

Reserved
Old 02-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man. Are those the rugged trails your running? For off roading those are some tough tires to get around in. Go with Hankook Dynapro ATM's. Sweet tires. Not sure about the bed rack havent ever constructed one before but im Sub'd to see what you come up with! Nice build
Old 02-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #5

Yeah those are some stock tires. It was a pretty rough time with those. Im looking into getting the duratracs, but the dynapro's are my second choice. As for the bed rack, i kinda want to do it like another member on the thread with a 1st gen, see how it goes. I did order the t-slot bolts to fit in the rail, may end up working on it over reading week. keep yeah posted
Old 02-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
It shouldnt be too hard if you got the time, tools and patience to work on it.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #7

yeah should definatly be done by june. Will have acess to a full shop with everything available.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #8

gone new tires,will be posting pics soon
Old 03-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #9

well i just had my 50k (km) service done. service went well and all. I got my ECU (the truck computer thing haha) reset because my revs were off with the bigger tires (going from stock to the 265's) i just thought i let everyone no that it kinda helps to do this as now my truck is not reving as high as it was to get up to highway speeds.

I thought resetting the computer would be good so it can get use to my driving habbits with the new tires. I find that it has helped but time will tell.

still trying to get those pics posten but mid terms are brutal...
Old 03-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #10

pics of the new tires as promised. there good year wrangler kevlars.

these tires are night and day difference over the stock ones (as most fo you know). Still have to do the chalk test to make sure there aired up right, just havnt had time, or chalk haha.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #11
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, those new tires look better too
Old 03-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #12

Thanks alot. I love the look of them too
Old 06-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #13

installed a cobra 75 and ordered skids and sliders. will have pics eventually
Old 10-05-2012, 04:24 AM   #14

Will be posting pictures later today.Getting my relentless sliders mounted up today.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #15

Well i was suppose to have my sliders burned on today, but my booked shop time got cancelled cause they got back logged. Kinda bummed cause now I wont be able to get them mounted until christmas....FAWK

Anyways here is a super shitty cell phone pic, courtesy of a blackberry (swear the camera gets shittier the longer you have it)

Just wanted to thank Eric from Relentless Fab for making these for me. There super beefy. Hopefully they look and fit well on the truck. Right now they look pretty good sitting in my garage.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #16

skids
Old 11-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #17

best pic i could get of the skids without looking stupid infront of my neihbors .
The install on the skids wasnt to bad. The mid skid was definatly the biggest PITA to get the 4 bolts to line up and go in for what ever reason was brutal. The IFS one went on with no problems. same with the transfer case skid.

The switches were fun too. A bit of trimming to get them to fit but nothing to bad. Just didnt have the right tool for the job so made it alot harder. everything was straight forward except for the backup camera switch. Its a dual lit switch so had to have constant power so the "backup camera" was luminated, but the "on" part was only illuminated when it was on. Took a little while but got it working.
Day shot

ill get some night ones later.

Only reason i switched from the ones i had, is because i wanted to be able to see the switches at night. Now i can
Old 01-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #18
MotoXTacoma is on a distinguished road
MotoXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you make/get the custom light switches? Those are cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
best pic i could get of the skids without looking stupid infront of my neihbors .
The install on the skids wasnt to bad. The mid skid was definatly the biggest PITA to get the 4 bolts to line up and go in for what ever reason was brutal. The IFS one went on with no problems. same with the transfer case skid.

The switches were fun too. A bit of trimming to get them to fit but nothing to bad. Just didnt have the right tool for the job so made it alot harder. everything was straight forward except for the backup camera switch. Its a dual lit switch so had to have constant power so the "backup camera" was luminated, but the "on" part was only illuminated when it was on. Took a little while but got it working.
Day shot

ill get some night ones later.

Only reason i switched from the ones i had, is because i wanted to be able to see the switches at night. Now i can
Old 01-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXTacoma View Post
Where did you make/get the custom light switches? Those are cool.
http://www.otrattw.com/

they have a bunch of different types here.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #20

Updated the op, Finally got my sliders on