Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TORSPD: NEVR

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #201
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
every time i come into your thread on here or xru im lmao

damn sir nicely done
Just wait to I get some new pics of the new stuff that I have going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
If I could get a set up like Toons for a decent price I'd do it. Sexy as fuck...
PowerFab has always been pretty cool about letting a customer bring in their own material. That can save some time and money, in the sense that you can purchase your parts over time, until you get everything needed for the project. Not all shops are like that. That is how i did mine, so I wouldn't be out a huge chunk of change.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #202
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Just wait to I get some new pics of the new stuff that I have going on.

PowerFab has always been pretty cool about letting a customer bring in their own material. That can save some time and money, in the sense that you can purchase your parts over time, until you get everything needed for the project. Not all shops are like that. That is how i did mine, so I wouldn't be out a huge chunk of change.
damn you..... haha
Old 06-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #203
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
The following week I had some more parts finished up. This piece was the "test pipe". So that I could swap out a catalytic converter for emissions time, and test pipe for all of the "off public road" times.

Here is the tubing that goes directly after the test pipe. This will hold the two O2 sensors. Also at the bottom, you can see a reducer. It transitions from the 3" tubing that the down pipe is, to 3.5" tubing that are the sizes of the muffler and resonator.

Had I had the chance to go back and do this piece again, I would have had a 12 degree reducer installed that goes from 3" to 3.5", instead of such a short reducer.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #204
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
damn you..... haha

At this point, I was back at the house, and got the itch to install everything, prior to having the full exhaust finished. Like a kid in a candy store, with no one there to say "don't do that".

Also, I really wanted to test it out and see what other things I might need to get it finished up properly.

In all honesty, I don't quite like the placement of the wastegate. I think in the future, I will have the tubing it is on shortened up a tad, to bring it in closer to the turbo.

Here was a video that we took, just to hear was it sounded like. Purely in the name of science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-McD3T3_97E

Then the turbo installed.

Here is what the turbo is again, incase anyone is curious.

Precision Turbo Billet Journal 6265. Ported shroud with 4" inlet and 2.5" outlet. On the turbine side, T4 inlet with a .68 A/R and 3" V-band outlet. Rated for 700 hp.

Here is the link of where I purchased it. http://www.extremepsi.com/
Old 06-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #206
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
After I got it all together, it was inevitable that I would start it.

My good friend Toon took the video for me.

Sounded pretty dang good for just a down pipe, and no catback. Made me have a huge grin on my face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr9NR...ature=youtu.be

Later on that night, when my girlfriend got home, we made a couple more driving vids, to try and get a decent perspective of the unfiltered turbo exhaust.

In cab. Being that I had the sotck injectors in, and was on the stock ecu, i didn't get on it. As you can tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVvV7...ure=plpp_video

Leaving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6qkx...ure=plpp_video

Returning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9mMv...ure=plpp_video
Old 06-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #207
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
So are you running custom made headers or did you run custom piping after the DTLT's??
Old 06-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #209
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

In this vid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVvV7...layer_embedded

How'd you get rid of the "rattle can" noise round the 0:23-0:24 and the 0:26-0:27 marks? I'm dealing with that right now myself and it's annoying as hell.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #210
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
The following week of 5-10-11, I had the exhaust 90% completed.

Aero Turbine 3535XL (resonated), followed by a 3.5" Vibrant Performance resonator.

Sounded beautiful, even in its unfinished form.

Here are some new pics of the exhaust. You just have to get the right combo of resonator and muffler. This combo to me sounds similar to a 350 Z with an aftermarket exhaust. Very nice.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #211
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post

In this vid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVvV7...layer_embedded

How'd you get rid of the "rattle can" noise round the 0:23-0:24 and the 0:26-0:27 marks? I'm dealing with that right now myself and it's annoying as hell.
Remember, that in all of those viseos I just posted, I had no exhaust at all, minus the down pipe from the turbo. In the pics I just posted, you can see what measure I took to get rid of annoying rattle can rasp.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #212

I'll check when I get home tonight, work comp blocks your pics on me

I'm dealing with the space issue between the URD y-pipe and the Cat back system right now
Old 06-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #213

Plus, I'm debating switching out to an Aeroturbine, heard a lot of good things about them and I ran one on my old S-10
Old 06-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #214
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
So after the muffler/resonator were installed, we made some more vids. Very good for comparison between the raspy before, and to sexy purr afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N34ud...feature=relmfu

And here are a couple cruising vids, with my girl behind the wheel. She was having a blast, and a heck of a hard time staying out of boost. She sure loved it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfLMt...feature=relmfu

In this one, you can hear her burn out for just a little bit. It was her first time driving it with the turbo on, and power comes in quickly. Kind of spooked her a little bit, but it was definitely fun to watch her reactions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXhbA...ure=plpp_video
Old 06-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #215
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Plus, I'm debating switching out to an Aeroturbine, heard a lot of good things about them and I ran one on my old S-10
One good thing about them is that there is no packing to degrade and blow out over time. :thumsup:

The vids should help you get an idea of the difference in sound before/after. The turbo does change the tone some though, compared to a vehicle that has just headers then eshaust.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #216

Quote:
One good thing about them is that there is no packing to degrade and blow out over time. :thumsup:

The vids should help you get an idea of the difference in sound before/after. The turbo does change the tone some though, compared to a vehicle that has just headers then eshaust.
Honestly, your turbo sounds exactly like my S/c, just whirls up at different points. So I'm hoping the sounds match too cause thats the tune I'd like.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #218

I should really sign up to youtube so I can start uploading videos..
Old 06-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #219
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I definitely won't complain about the tone of my exhaust. I love it. If you like mine, and do it the same, then you should love yours too.
Definitely, looking into something similar to your exhaust setup. Grown very tired of the Slowmaster Crap
Old 06-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #220
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I should really sign up to youtube so I can start uploading videos..
I certainly will bring you into the 21st certury. Lol. J/K

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Definitely, looking into something similar to your exhaust setup. Grown very tired of the Slowmaster Crap
I think of flowmaster like this: they are the Nintendo of exhausts, when it comes to name recognition. You could even say the Coke of exhausts.

Everybody knows about them.

Here are some more mufflers, that sound ABSOLUTELY amazing. They are on a friend of mine's G35. www.Burnsstainless.com
However, they are pricey and most people aren't interested when they see that tag. I cannot accurately enough explain how good they sound though.

Products Discussed in this Thread