Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TORSPD: NEVR

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2013, 07:43 AM   #942
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
You're right, it just looked like a smaller rotor in that bigger wheel And who knows if willwood makes a kit to fit the caliper studs You could probably machine your own bracket to mount the caliper to but then you open up a can of worms in engineering something the first time and its probably not worth it in the end.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #943
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Edit: Horsepowers best freind is Anti-Horsepower
Lol, never heard that saying before. I like it.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #944
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're right, it just looked like a smaller rotor in that bigger wheel And who knows if willwood makes a kit to fit the caliper studs You could probably machine your own bracket to mount the caliper to but then you open up a can of worms in engineering something the first time and its probably not worth it in the end.
Took some measurements of the rotor and hat yesterday. Didn't yet compare them to what is available from Wilwood, but at least I have that done. Those Rotora H6 pads really wore down the rotors, so it won't be to far in the future that new ones will be necessary. Might be Wilwoods this time around.......

Recent updates from Darton East.

They trimmed the bottom of the counterweights for piston clearance, and machined the block for clearance with the rods.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #945
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so pretty!

Let me know if you want the info on the pads we use... I can dig it up for ya. They wont be the most street friendly and will squeal a bit on the street but you will never stop better at the track

You could have a street rotor and pad combo and a track rotor and pad combo.... Just saying it to say it but don't swap pad types on the same rotor if you can help it.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #946
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Running errands, one being PowerFab. Saw a sweet White, Double Cab, Total Chaos LT Taco there. Getting some exhaust work done.

Quote:
so pretty!

Let me know if you want the info on the pads we use... I can dig it up for ya. They wont be the most street friendly and will squeal a bit on the street but you will never stop better at the track
Hell yeah. Post it errands
Old 04-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #947
PutterClutch

I'll dig up the pad info when I get home.

If you get serious at the track, consider these tires heavily. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....el=Ventus+Z214

We get tons of laps on these with the ~same grip as cup tires or hoosier sticky's. Not positive if these would work on a truck but worth looking at...
Old 04-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #950
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Hey random question but , would you have any recomendations for a good machine shop? I gotta get the flywheel for my datsun lightened and resurfaced and dont have any local machine shops
Old 04-24-2013, 05:33 AM   #955
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Torspd, mind checking out my RS 8.0 Build when you get a chance? I'm trying to decide between which lightweight crank pulley.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #956
PutterClutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Did the H compound wear the rotors down very quickly? The Rotora H6 racing pads, which came with the BBK, turn into a very sharp silicate which wore down my rotors very fast.

The next set of pads, I want not to be the type that turn into that sharp cutting compound. The Carbotech pads do not.
Hmm, we ran the same rotors for most of the year with the willwood h pads. At least 6 weekends full of hotlaps (probably ~250 miles of running HARD each weekend)! We had to change out the rotors at the last track day due to cracking, not material loss wear. We had one nice crack running all the way thru the outer edge of the rotor which means a change. radial spider cracks are fine its just the ones that radiate all the way out to the edge that can grenade a rotor... = bad day.

Products Discussed in this Thread