Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TORSPD: NEVR

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #1002
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
yup that looks about right.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #1004
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a sexy link. One day I'll have a built engine. Need a house first to store garage.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #1005
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Thats a sexy link. One day I'll have a built engine. Need a house first to store garage.
Do you still have your X or did you sell it? I never did find a straight answer to that.

I would love to combine Tor and Werty by taking Tor's built 4.4L engine and putting Werty's new URD S/C on there! Shit tons of power without having to wait on the turbo to spool up
Old 05-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #1006
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Still have it. In my brothers garage right now just sitting.

Took it out for a day to wash and spin everything last week. Forgot how much power I'd given up for this tc..
Old 05-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #1007
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Still have it. In my brothers garage right now just sitting.

Took it out for a day to wash and spin everything last week. Forgot how much power I'd given up for this tc..
I see. haha. The tc probably gets better mileage though huh?
Old 05-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #1008
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Need to get tubular bumpers first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Do you still have your X or did you sell it? I never did find a straight answer to that.

I would love to combine Tor and Werty by taking Tor's built 4.4L engine and putting Werty's new URD S/C on there! Shit tons of power without having to wait on the turbo to spool up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK X View Post
We have had a few Xrunners dyno with different boost applications in our shop so heres the graph overlay.
First one is Cliffords TRD supercharger at unknown psi (maybe he can chime in and tell us) 7psi maybe?
Next (GREEN) is Cliffords Powerfab Turbo kit (that is on my truck, But soon on his) at 10psi
(RED) is Butters URD supercharger (not sure which one, maybe Gadget can tell us.) at 15psi (and we didnt get a good signal, thats why its broken up.)
Last is Motonxruchick and her N/A setup just for comparison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy@PowerFabAutomotive View Post
When you have a centrifugal based blower the higher you spin the RPM's the more pressure you will make. This is demonstrated by your boost curve being a constant flat progressing line. So your power will keep climbing with the boost which hides some aspects of your engine such as the natural curve of the cam profile.

With the turbo system the boost is not a constant progressive pressure, it's all in and linear pressure from 3200rpm or so, this constant fixed pressure value allows the natural shape of the cars power curve (albiet enhanced by pressure from the turbo) to show.

So you see your engine make higher peak power with a more straight line growth to the curve due to the fact your pressure is always being increased so the curve is distorted into more of a straight line. Your power would keep climbing with RPM until you reached a point of A: the motor exploded, B: the head unit of the centrifugal was so overspun it was out of efficiency range, C: the belt could no longer maintain the friction between pulley and belt and loses traction.

Then again, i'm sure if we were at 14-15psi at redline this whole conversation would be mute as the curves would be no where near eachother anywhere above 2500rpm.
Some cool comparisons to chew on.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #1009

Yep! I have followed a lot of what you have posted on here actually and was all on board for the turbo thing, but I'm not looking for all out power or efficiency for that matter really. I plan to do most of my playing in the dunes and just offroad in general so the idea of instant power appeals more to what I will be doing. Plus that setup would make more than enough power for me! Hell a TRD S/C with supporting mods to break 300hp would probably be all I really need, but why not go just a little further right?

If I were in your shoes I would be all about the turbo for the reasons Jeremy posted and the efficiency factors.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #1010

Quote:
I see. haha. The tc probably gets better mileage though huh?
Definitely does, my lowest I ever got so far was 28.6 mpg, consistantly high 29's low 30's and I drive er hard. I can get 35+ if I baby it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Need to get tubular bumpers first.

Some cool comparisons to chew on.
xD haha I could use some armour thats for sure haha.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #1011

Quote:
Definitely does, my lowest I ever got so far was 28.6 mpg, consistantly high 29's low 30's and I drive er hard. I can get 35+ if I baby it.
Nice about like my DD. A POS beat up '99 Hyundai accent. I was noticing one day when I was getting on the freeway. I was going up hill and had it pinned in 3rd doing about 45mph so running like 4500-5000rpm and I was still getting 15+mpg. haha My car at WOT almost gets better mileage than babying my Taco.

The Taco is a hell of a lot faster than it though even at twice the weight of my car and if all else fails I can just run it over. haha
Old 05-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #1012

Hahaha nice! Turn it into a crushed tin can! Haha.
On a super long drive north, just thought of another couple spots to shed some car weight couple pounds at a time haha.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #1013

Quote:
Hahaha nice! Turn it into a crushed tin can! Haha.
On a super long drive north, just thought of another couple spots to shed some car weight couple pounds at a time haha.
I've done the opposite of that on both of my vehicles... What does your TC weigh?
Old 05-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #1014

Manny tranny curb weight says 3070 pounds, + my 180 pound fat ass - the 11 pounds I've shed from the car + all my luggage haha.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #1015

Quote:
Manny tranny curb weight says 3070 pounds, + my 180 pound fat ass - the 11 pounds I've shed from the car + all my luggage haha.
You've got almost a 1000 lbs on my DD. Curb weight: 2088 lbs. + 180lbs of me + 100lbs of speakers + some tools and fluids and shit.

You probably have twice the ponies that I do though... haha One day if I am loaded I would love to turn my little car into a sleeper. Strip it all out and put some V6 in it and turbo the shit out of it! haha Would be epic!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #1016
R09ster will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
R09ster's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 05-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #1017

Quote:
You've got almost a 1000 lbs on my DD. Curb weight: 2088 lbs. + 180lbs of me + 100lbs of speakers + some tools and fluids and shit.

You probably have twice the ponies that I do though... haha One day if I am loaded I would love to turn my little car into a sleeper. Strip it all out and put some V6 in it and turbo the shit out of it! haha Would be epic!
Sweet jebus! Haha yea I didnt think they were that light. The tc is actually a pretty decent sized car.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #1018

Quote:
Sweet jebus! Haha yea I didnt think they were that light. The tc is actually a pretty decent sized car.
Just picture a Toyota Yaris or something. haha
Old 05-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
"I don't always drive a DD. But when I do, I drive an Accent."
I don't exactly have a "daily drive" I walk to work and class... so when I do go anywhere I find myself driving the Tacoma more often than the Accent It's just more fun to drive. I usually use the accent for long distance drives like when I play Army on weekends and such.

Products Discussed in this Thread