Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TORSPD: NEVR

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #1021
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, no shame. I drive a 2001 Subaru Outback most days. Back before that, when I had to rent cars while my truck was down, I used to drive a Chevy Aveo. Fuuuuuuuu.....that thing. Did the job though. Laughs from the ladies on the road really were a slap in the face though. Lol.

Shoot. Got 35 mpg on the way back from Austin in my Subi, this past weekend. No complaints here.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #1022
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Hey, no shame. I drive a 2001 Subaru Outback most days. Back before that, when I had to rent cars while my truck was down, I used to drive a Chevy Aveo. Fuuuuuuuu.....that thing. Did the job though. Laughs from the ladies on the road really were a slap in the face though. Lol.

Shoot. Got 35 mpg on the way back from Austin in my Subi, this past weekend. No complaints here.
Nice! haha. I have two 12's in the hatch of my Accent so when people laugh I just play up some dubstep and rattle the windows in their car haha. I bought my Accent at the start of my senior year of high school for $2K and still have it around.

At least a Outback is a better choice. An Accent is straight up a chick car. haha Although the newer ones are even more so... Can't complain about 35+mpg though! 92 ponies of fury man Probably a whopping 70-75hp at the front tires. haha
Old 05-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #1024
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think I spent too much time in this thread yesterday... I had a dream that I was hanging out with you Tor (I don't even know what you look like haha) and we randomly decided we were going to put a Turbo on my Accent cuz it was going to be simple and cheap. We didn't get too far into the install process before I woke up though. haha It was interesting.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #1026

Quote:
Ha. What a tease. Lol.
I'd be afraid of my car blowing a rod or something... If the head isn't warped the head gasket is fubar'd. Burns oil like crazy now too!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #1031
ON VACATION!
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that a restaurant, or Washington street? If Washington street, it does, and they have plenty of cool restaurants along it. South side of I-10, in what is called Mid Town.

Lots of clubs, food, and hangouts there.
Yes... Washington St. my bad.
Rich said this would be a good spot to choose for a meet - lots of mid-day parking easy access too.
Thoughts?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #1032
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Yes... Washington St. my bad.
Rich said this would be a good spot to choose for a meet - lots of mid-day parking easy access too.
Thoughts?
Location wise, it is pretty neutral, as far as the direction that you guys are headed, since it is on I-10 near 45. It is concidered a higher end part of town, so prices will reflect, and older but revitalized. Depending on where you want to go, parking may or may not be tight.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #1034
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
so if I buy you a smart car you'll drive it? good to know....
Hybusa smart car? Or just smart car?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #1036

Quote:
Busa or GTFO.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #1039
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
I'll spurge on the euro diesel smart for ya.
euro biodiesel??
Old 05-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #1040
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
The latest mod to correct some camber and caster.

With the aid of my good friend Lucario Runner, we were able to knock them out relatively easy.

The instructions said that "Position D" should return you to factory caster if you have 2"-3" of lift. Considering that I was just the opposite, I figured that it should work the same for my application. Quite honestly it did. Just barely pulls to the right, but nothing bad. I will say, that it handles soooo much better now. Very well planted compared to before, where it felt like it was on skates.

Products Discussed in this Thread