Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TORSPD: NEVR

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2013, 01:41 AM   #1221
TurboHilux is on a distinguished road
Name: Leon
TurboHilux's Tacoma Gallery
Tor any chance of posting a screen shot of your timing map from your pro efi? I'm just in the process of tuning mine and it would be helpful to have a starting point.
Leon.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #1222
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
If I could I would. For one, my connection cord is at PowerFab. Two. The firmware has recently been changed, and is on a time clock. So I cannot get into my program right now any way. At least not until I get it re-tuned.

Basically, it goes like this: high load & and low rpm, the timing is low. Say around 5º at WOT, starting acceleration from say 2000 rpms. As the rpm increases, the timing will increase. While still in wide open throttle, I remember seeing 18-20º timing as the rpms reached redline.

As for cruising, light load and low rpm equates to high timing (basically cruising) Up to 32º. Never more.

I cannot remember the exact starting low rpm - high load degree of timing. But those numbers should give you a reference point.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #1223
TurboHilux is on a distinguished road
Name: Leon
TurboHilux's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
If I could I would. For one, my connection cord is at PowerFab. Two. The firmware has recently been changed, and is on a time clock. So I cannot get into my program right now any way. At least not until I get it re-tuned.

Basically, it goes like this: high load & and low rpm, the timing is low. Say around 5º at WOT, starting acceleration from say 2000 rpms. As the rpm increases, the timing will increase. While still in wide open throttle, I remember seeing 18-20º timing as the rpms reached redline.

As for cruising, light load and low rpm equates to high timing (basically cruising) Up to 32º. Never more.

I cannot remember the exact starting low rpm - high load degree of timing. But those numbers should give you a reference point.
Thanks. I've just put my new computer in and I'm trying to get everything as close as I can on the road to save on dyno time.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #1225
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
there was no way to make a sittin sic/xiii rear sway bar work for you?
Old 07-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #1227
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Tor, I think you need to do the diff breather mod... you're gonna drag that pumpkin through every puddle!
Old 07-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #1228
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Who did the welds? They look good..
Old 07-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #1230
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthyota View Post
there was no way to make a sittin sic/xiii rear sway bar work for you?
It would have been much harder to install. Doesnt come with end links, or a mounting solution, since the XR already has those.

The Addco comes with all of that. Which makes it much more appealing. It might only be 7/8" diameter, but it is far better than never having one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Tor, I think you need to do the diff breather mod... you're gonna drag that pumpkin through every puddle!
Old 07-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #1232
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
TORSPD: NEVR-imageuploadedbytapatalk1374176103.481921.jpg

ATP delivered fast as heck!

Really wanna put it on my taco lol
Old 07-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #1233
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
SIK X at PowerFab.
Local ? I am in need of a welder here soon
Old 07-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #1235
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job on the fab and welds. I'd spray paint them asap to help keep them from rusting. I also agree with raising your diff breather since your very lowered. Also with as much welding you have/had done on your rear axle when was the last time you had the fluid changed? Looking good though.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #1236
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
I am planning on picking up some of that frame paint tomorrow. Get it coated up nice and well. Trust me, I hate rust. Plus, there are some other spots from those days of off-roading that need to be touched up as well.

Diff fluid was actually changed a couple of weeks ago. During the pinion seal replacement. Sadly though, they got rid of my fairly fresh Redline Oil Heavy Shock Proof Gear oil.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #1237
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am planning on picking up some of that frame paint tomorrow. Get it coated up nice and well. Trust me, I hate rust. Plus, there are some other spots from those days of off-roading that need to be touched up as well.

Diff fluid was actually changed a couple of weeks ago. During the pinion seal replacement. Sadly though, they got rid of my fairly fresh Redline Oil Heavy Shock Proof Gear oil.
Someone told me about how jegs has fast shipping..........
Old 07-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #1239
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
On a good note, about to go pick up my GoPro 3.

Products Discussed in this Thread