Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TORSPD: NEVR

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #1221
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Woot!

You should get one of those non skeleton boxes and it'll help out with that wind noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
of your track time man! clear packing tape over the microphone holes will kill the wind noise too and will still pick up motor noise. Did you guys get class time too or just track time? Don't know the next time i'll get on track so i'll just live through your videos
That was the full case to help with speeds over 100mph. Still came in like that. So thank you Sconnie, that is the perfect idea. Better than the foam idea I had.

Not sure what you mean by class time but I think you mean by time in that class which moves you up to the next class? After so many times in the Novice class, and your improved times, they can select to move you up.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #1222
RedLantern is on a distinguished road

RedLantern's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Awesome run man. Looks like you were goin so fast your hood started to peel. Can't wait for your other vids.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #1223
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
That was the full case to help with speeds over 100mph. Still came in like that. So thank you Sconnie, that is the perfect idea. Better than the foam idea I had.

Not sure what you mean by class time but I think you mean by time in that class which moves you up to the next class? After so many times in the Novice class, and your improved times, they can select to move you up.
Depends on the club running the track time. Sometimes they will run a "classroom" session where a "professional" driver will talk and offer good pointers and general track knowledge while a different group is on track... But it all depends on who's putting on the track day. We belong to the BMW and Audi groups that's how we get track time, their clubs put on track days and we go to them. There should be a bmw or audi chapter in your area and they're usually all good people not snobs like you'd think.
Yea usually there is novice, intermediate, and in our "club" case instructor track times. Don't be in a hurry to move up, enjoy the lower classes and not having to move over much to get passed
Old 07-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #1226
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't be in a hurry to move up, enjoy the lower classes and not having to move over much to get passed
quoted for truth, however my truck doesn't fair to bad mp4-12c's however are out of my league. Hopefully he will enjoy that class more than I did and if not well you can still learn in the advanced class. For only having 200 whp Torspd did very well excelling in corners where others depended on their more powerful cars to make up time in the straights.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #1227
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
haha, I hope my post didn't come off wrong.. I had lots of fun watching man, you handled the track really well, from the small amount about road track running I know I could tell that much! Slow is fast and momentum is key! Looking forward to more
Old 07-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #1228
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
And my last session of the day. Ended up having a couple issues. One being the leaky quick disconnect Jiffy Tite fitting, for the slave cylinder. It actually made it hard for me to shift between gears. Should be getting a Staubli connector soon enough to replace it. If it is FIA rated, then it is more than good enough for me.

On the third session, I started out slow. Was still a bit shaken from the previous session, about going off course and spinning out so much. Wanted to make sure the tires were plenty warmed up, and that I was in the proper mind set. It helped out a lot and this session is when I had my best lap times of the day. Nothing to brag about but for me to get a 2:05 lap with my low power and speed, make me plenty happy.

Didn't get a video of that one because the dang GoPro was dead. :/

This video is where my ecu started making the truck run like it was in Limp mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M8Yn...ature=youtu.be

Quote:
haha, I hope my post didn't come off wrong.. I had lots of fun watching man, you handled the track really well, from the small amount about road track running I know I could tell that much! Slow is fast and momentum is key! Looking forward to more
Didn't come off wrong at all. I want to get plenty of "stock" form track time. That way I can focus on feeling the truck out and fine tuning the my driving skills, before I put the serious power down.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #1229
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
This video has a shows how much lateral movement is in the axle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lev7I...ature=youtu.be

Yeah, that hood need a new paint job. Clear coat has nearly all but come off.

And yes, I am a total newb with the GoPro. I completely thought that holding down the power button would override and just turn the camera off. Not the case. Lol
I know what you look like
Old 07-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #1230
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not at all. we all still have lots to learn to shave off more time to be faster and make less mistakes. I just learned a new line at turns 17 and 18 and I'm proud to say that our friend Danny improve a great deal, compared to his first time at a road course. Now if only I can be patient enough for the next race.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #1232
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
try me.....................the gopro also took facebook'esqe photo's of torspd which were very, um, awesome.
hahaha, when I eventually move south close to the track, I might pick up one of these gopro thingies!

My fuel lines come in the mail this week
Old 07-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #1237

lol, time to take flight yet?
Old 07-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #1238
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
ya kevins (sdxrunner619) looked worse in the vid he posted of his pre panhard and had no movement post panhard install
Old 07-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #1239
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Two days prior to race day, I decided to install new shoes in the drums. E-brake was a bit incapable of holding the truck completely still. Well when I pulled the drum off, the shoes and drum were saturaded with oil. Gear oil.

After a little more tear down with the help of 1GRracer, we found the issue.

This seal was bad. Identical problem to what had recently happened to Memario. o_O Decided it was wise to leave the passenger side alone until after race day. Just incase another seal was bad. Picked up the last one from the local Toyota for this side, and replacement didn't happen until Friday, the day before. I was cutting it too close.

Removed with the aid of a screw driver.

Installed the new one, and was pretty much good to go, after a thorough cleaning of the drum, and replacement of the shoes.

Likely will have to replace that bearing soon though....

And here are all of the pictures that I took from the event.

The gang minus Grumpy

Grumpy

Our mascot Izzy

And finally added some stickers to the truck.

Products Discussed in this Thread