Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TORSPD: NEVR

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #1342
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
If you have an outlet port, do the config in page 4.

If not, then the previous.
Any particular reason why?
Old 08-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #1344
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Any particular reason why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Because: TORSPD HAS SPOKEN!

you need no other reasoning than that.
^^^^ Because what he said.

Seriously though because the history of race cars I have seen that were 4 cylinder were setup that way. More importantly, FUELAB says so. They will know their regulator best and which way will have the best operation. Whether due to maintaining fuel pressure the most accurately with the least amount or psi fluctuations, fuel oscillations, or both.

Then again, you have to work with what limitations your setup has. If it is only possible to do it one way, in your situation, then that is all you can do.

As a matter of fact, our 4.0 is configured the same as on page 4.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #1347
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
All bow down to the great and mighty Torspd!
Old 08-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #1349
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STiLL WILL View Post
I hear you on the CA end. This pathetic, tree-hugging state doesn't let us have any fun with engine mods.....and don't even get me started on our "premium" 91 octane horse piss lol.

I already own 1 vehicle that requires a smog "hook up," and I definitely don't need 2 lol...which is why I kept the Tacoma powertrain mods bolt on for the most part.

Pardon my laziness to read through your thread...but are you tuning with speed density or MAF?

Nothing like running a straight filter clamped onto the compressor cover on speed density.
I remember when legislators were trying to make Black cars illegal in CA because they use too much gas to cool down, since they absorb more heat. Love to visit there, but love to live here.

When using the ProEFI 128, it is MAP based. Speed density, but self tuning once the base parameters are set, to maintain those commands as closely as possible. Just way easier to tune with. I have a 5 BAR MAP sensor, even though I was only using 2 BAR. Resolution might be a bit vast for just 2 BAR, but it leaves room to grow, and it certianly will be getting more usage once things are all back.

The OEM MAF sensor reaches Max Duty Cycle around 415-430 g/s. Once you pass that, even with something like an X-1 or UCON, you are in need of a MAF sensor that has a higher resolution for 5.0 volts. I don't know if Gadget has added in programming for the UCON to run a different MAF sensor or not. The X-1 had the option to run a GM MAF sensor. I would bet money that Gadget did install some form of programming though as he likes to be prepaired for the future. Question is, which MAF will work? I don't know. What I do know is that MAP sensors are easier to come by and use.

I made sure to have mine plug n play, so that in the event i need to have it back to stock (such as right now), it will be non interfering.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #1351
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^^^ Because what he said.

Seriously though because the history of race cars I have seen that were 4 cylinder were setup that way. More importantly, FUELAB says so. They will know their regulator best and which way will have the best operation. Whether due to maintaining fuel pressure the most accurately with the least amount or psi fluctuations, fuel oscillations, or both.

Then again, you have to work with what limitations your setup has. If it is only possible to do it one way, in your situation, then that is all you can do.

As a matter of fact, our 4.0 is configured the same as on page 4.
Well it's a 6 cylinder so you weren't completely right

But okay will do. I have plenty room but figured I'd get an expert opinion before I made anything for sure
Old 08-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #1352
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Stand up. We are all equals here.

^Woohoo!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #1356
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
No visible carbon = not racetruck! dude what are you going to do when you don't have any truck stuff to worry/think about? find more truck stuff to worry about I guess haha
Old 08-31-2013, 09:42 PM   #1358
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

into perpetual/free energy theories!? that does look kinda fun

Marty Mcfly is strong in this thread, it could happen.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #1359
The Snake Of Jakes
SuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant future

Name: Jacob
SuperJakeTheSnake's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome build man! Any updates on built engine? Oh and a bump for your build thread, kinda died out here lately.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #1360
PutterClutch

x2 any updates

also tor are you gonna get to the F1 race at COTA November 15-16-17? Wish I could make the time to come down!

Products Discussed in this Thread