Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

06tacofiremans build

Old 02-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Caleb
06TACOFIREMAN's Tacoma Gallery
06tacofiremans build

Hey guys! figured it was time to start one of these even though im only halfway done with my build plans.
This was how it looked the day i picked it up from the dealership. 2006 Tacoma TRD sport prerunner with 42k miles on it.

First thing I did was black out all my badges with plastidip and buy Husky liners for the front. sorry no pictures of the Husky liners

Next Came my Leer 100xq Camper shell and my Aries black step bars

Next I ordered some yellow lamin-x for my fogs. pretty happy with the contrast they give

Soon after that I picked up my avid bar from fellow TW member NIKONRON. great guy met him halfway and installed it in a cracker barrel parking lot haha

Heres a good picture of me with my buddy Will (98trailhead).

Next came my satoshi grill I got done by a local guy brian ( tacoalamode) He did an amazing job I couldnt be happier.

Then I bought this tailgate badge to put on my satoshi but it was WAY too small so i decided to use it for my interior instead. something a little different

Went and got myself a bedmat i was tired of things always sliding around back there

And most recently i got my Hella 500 black magics installed at the North Alabama burgers, boggers and modders meet. Thanks to Jim and Paul for wiring these up for me!!
Also got a red Tacoma badge to throw in the Satoshi

Dad has a 2010 tacoma and he is getting ready to sell it but before he sells it i traded taillights with him!! SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy with these

UPDATE 2-25-2012

Well guys I finally got around to blacking out the front lower strip yesterday/today. If anyone wants I can do a thread of how i did it instructions and what not just let me know! I also took my Avid light bar off sanded it down to bare metal used dupli-color self etching primer and the rustoleam bed liner in a can to re-do it. Well enough talking heres the pictures!!

sanded down avid

primed up!

and sprayed!

Now for the front strip!

taped:

Primed:

and sprayed! the texture/color of this stuff is exactly what i was looking for!

heres the final product! I also took off my camper shell to sell and put my toolbox back on. put an old toyota logo on the back of the box.

so this is it for now Ill put up some pictures in a few days after I get the avid and Hellas put back on!

So i still havent put the avid and Hellas back on ive been kinda lazy. buuuuuuuuttttttttttt I mounted some ammo cans in the bed!!!

So thats how she sits as of now! Hope you all enjoy.

Mods to come:

1. leather arm rest
2. toytec lift
3. bfg rugged terrain tires ( getting the lift and tires done when my current tires need replacing otherwise ill feel like im wasting money)
4. Black headlight mod
5. Hoping to get the SCS wheels when they become available
6. TRD skid plate
7. open to suggestions!!
Old 02-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Sir! How do you like that light bar? I've been back and fourth for a wrap around one like yours, or just the bar.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Looking good Sir! How do you like that light bar? I've been back and fourth for a wrap around one like yours, or just the bar.
I love the avid! i debated on going with it or just getting a bull bar but in the end liked the look of the avid a lot more.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet looking truck man. Hella's and satoshi look nice together!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
BaNgArAnG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagledynasty View Post
Sweet looking truck man. Hella's and satoshi look nice together!
thanks man!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #8
BaNgArAnG

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
Looking good bro. I also love that light bar and definitely see one in my future.

Keep it up!!!
thanks! the light bar is actually off at the moment i sanded it down to bare metal primed it and i used rustoleam bed liner to spray it. it looks AMAZING. gonna let it cure and put it back on in a day or 2
Old 02-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
BaNgArAnG

big bump for some updated mods!!
Old 02-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Sweet new look man. Love the front valence and black avid bar. Toolbox looks sick too. Is that your toyota tailgate badge on it?
Old 02-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
BaNgArAnG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagledynasty View Post
Sweet new look man. Love the front valence and black avid bar. Toolbox looks sick too. Is that your toyota tailgate badge on it?
nope its one i ordered off ebay. think it came off of an early 4runner or something
Old 03-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #12
BaNgArAnG

its my trucks birthday! happy birthday truck! haha
Old 03-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #13
The White Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TACOFIREMAN View Post
its my trucks birthday! happy birthday truck! haha
haha nice! Happy birthday taco
Old 03-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #14
BaNgArAnG

well....this is where the build ends. She's for sale and ive bought myself a first gen! gonna de-mod and sell. been a good truck just not good on my bank account. I'll start a new build thread for the 1st gen when i get to work on it
Old 05-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #15
bwanamukubwa is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
bwanamukubwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TACOFIREMAN View Post
well....this is where the build ends. She's for sale and ive bought myself a first gen! gonna de-mod and sell. been a good truck just not good on my bank account. I'll start a new build thread for the 1st gen when i get to work on it
Hi, do you have the avid still? I'd like to buy it.