Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Conviction11's Black South Carolina Build

Old 03-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
Busting Asphalt
Conviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
Conviction11's Tacoma Gallery
Conviction11's Black South Carolina Build

As It Sits Today

2006 DCLB SR5
Yes I'm putting TRD parts and decals on it. DontBeJelly

MOD LIST

SUSPENSION
3" Pro comp Suspension lift
BFG 285/70/17 tires
Moto Metal M0951 chrome 17's

PERFORMANCE
K&N Cold Air Intake (63-9025)

EXTERIOR
TRD Bed side decalssockmonkey
TRD windshield decal sockmonkey
Chrome Bull Bar
OEM Chrome Side Steps
Tinted front windows and windshield strip
AVS Wind Deflectors
I have several front Grilles (working on a satoshi)
Cab Mount Chop

INTERIOR
Pioneer AVH P4400DVD w/Bluetooth & DVD
Bypass upgrade for anytime DVD
Rear view reverse camera
XM satellite radio
Sound Ordnance B-8PT 120w compact powered sub

FUTURE PLANS
?

I don't have as much of a build as some of these other guys which is why I didn't start a build page till now. But I'll go back and update this thing from the very start.

The Day I brought it home. Bone Stock 2006.

The First first thing that had to be done was the lift.
This truck just looks like a 2wd without the lift.
(that's my wife in the truck)

Tinted the windows and added AVS Wind Deflectors.

Purchased a New Grill from a member here. (MGMTacoFF)
And added some half used BFG's from a member here along with the bull bar. (ClemsonTRD12)

To Be Continued...
Old 03-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks lookin good man. It's hard to beat chrome on black
Old 03-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
Pavement Pounder
MWink is on a distinguished road

Name: Max
MWink's Tacoma Gallery
how do you like your procomp lift? i'm thinkin about gettin it.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Busting Asphalt
Conviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I did my homework on this site about the lift, tires, rims, pretty much everything I've learned has been thanks to the people on this site.
A lot of people bash pro comp for being a crappy cheap lift, but I'm on a budget and just don't have the cash to do everything I want to do at once. So I went with the pro comp and I couldn't be more happy. The ride is just a bit stiff, but after driving a month I couldn't tell the difference. It's everything I could of expected. I may not change a thing... but I have thought about going to the 6" lift a few times.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben C View Post
Nice truck OP
X2.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
Pavement Pounder
MWink is on a distinguished road

Name: Max
MWink's Tacoma Gallery
thanks man, i'll probably go with this kit since i only drive on pavement (i love my truck too much to go bashin through mud or the woods). your truck looks great btw! the black and chrome combo looks sweet.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #8
Busting Asphalt

Body Mount Chop

So I did the Body Mount Chop today.

It took (my uncle and I) about 4 hours because neither of us weld very often, but we made it work.
Thank you to BAMF for the plates, pictures, and instructions.
If your interested in buying these plates yourself to do your own chop... here is the link.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...ount-chop.html

I purchased 285/70/17's with aggressive tread under a 3" lift, and didn't think I would need to do much trimming. WRONG. But this chop did the trick.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
Busting Asphalt

Bumped into someone at the beach this weekend and bent my bull nose guard back into my bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
Conviction11's Black South Carolina Build-2012-06-15_12-56-49_722.jpg   Conviction11's Black South Carolina Build-2012-06-15_12-56-56_540.jpg  
Old 06-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
Busting Asphalt

Oh, and by the way.

Even after the body mount chop, I still get a tiny bit of rubbing from time to time. Guess I still need to cut some more, but it's not rubbing the frame, just some of the plastic.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:05 AM   #11
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck.

Are you going to do any other TRD parts you are going to be adding?

Just an FYI bull bars and Brush bars are just damage multipliers, they are a great look just don't rely upon them for any serious protection.

With your recent bump, i would pull the bar off, pull the bumper cover off and check the bracing behind the bumper cover. This also gives you a chance to check all the clips and connections for the bumper cover on the metal panels. Sometimes the clips break and they are easy to replace and will get you back to that nice tight fit.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #12
Busting Asphalt

Thanks Shayne, Pretty amazing truck you have yourself.

And damage multiplier is a good way to describe it.
I'm already thinking about putting sliders and armor protection on it, but the All-Pro bumper you have is sick. I like the way you have it painted up.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #13
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conviction11 View Post
Thanks Shayne, Pretty amazing truck you have yourself.

And damage multiplier is a good way to describe it.
I'm already thinking about putting sliders and armor protection on it, but the All-Pro bumper you have is sick. I like the way you have it painted up.
Thanks J,

Yeah, I had the bad experience of learning the hard way about a brush bar and an accident, but it lead me to getting the All-Pro. The front bumper is a huge step up over stock and you already have a leg up with a black truck a black bumper will blend in really nice.

I have been looking at TRD parts also, mainly I have been pulling parts off a wrecked TRD sport and integrating them into my truck for the TRD upgrade. Sometimes though the TRD parts are the best bang for the buck for aftermarket.

looking forward to seeing what you have planned for the truck!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #14
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck!

I really want a double-din with a backup camera integrated into it.