1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dad32509's Build. Blacked out

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by dad32509, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Mar 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    dad32509

dad32509 [OP] Thinking of something clever

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
    5100's front and back, OME 885x's, LR UCA's, OMD rear springs, Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD, HVAC Green led's MOD, Blacked out bumper, Plastidip emblems, custom front tube bumper, 32" combo led bar, rigid duallys, otrattw switches, my own Satoshi grille, shorty antenna, Spyder LED halo headlights. csjumper2003 map/dome, 3rd brake, DTRL white/amber and parking LED's. Pelfreybilt IFS skid, Cab mount chop, sliders and rear light bar w/blitzpro 5LR dust light. Uniden CB, Magnaflow 18" exhaust, Rear tire carrier, sway bar removed, spidertrax 1.25" spacers, Wheelers 16" Alloys w/265/75r16 Goodyear DuraTracs
    My blacked out project. Bought her March 12th 2011. Once I found tacoma world, it was all over.
    2005 AC sr5 Prerunner V6 4.0

Current Mods:

Suspension:
    Bilstein 5100's front and rear. Front set at 0"
    OME 885x's
    LR UCA's
    OMD rear springs

Wheels and tires:
    Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers
    Wheelers wheels 16X8's
    Goodyear DuraTrac 265/75r16

Exterior:
    Shorty antenna
    Pelfreybilt rear light bar
    Pelfreybilt IFS skid plate
    Pelfreybilt cab mount chop
    Pelfreybilt sliders
    My own Satoshi Grille
    Plastidipped emblems
    Painted rear bumper
    Bed tire carrier
    Custom made front 1 3/4" DOM .120 tube bumper (courtesy jeffz0rz)
    1/4" Aluminum front skid
    hi-lift mounted on rear light bar
    Bed mat

Interior:
    Uniden pro520xl cb connected to 4' antenna
    Pioneer AVH p-2300DVD
    Leather arm rest mod
    On whenever reverse cam

Lighting:
    csjumper2003 Cab led's, 3rd break led, DTRL Amber/White led's, parking led's and A/C led's
    Hella 500FF converted to 6000K HID's from csjumper2003 behind grille SOLD!
    HVAC green MOD
    On rear light bar: 1 AVEC cree Pod and 1 blitzpro 5LR LED dust light
    32" flood/spot led bar
    2 rigid duallys
    Spyder LED halo projector lights

Performance:
    aFe stage 2 si CAI w/pro dry filter- GONE, back to stock oem
    18" Magnaflow Exhaust

Future Mods:
    Coilovers with resi's up front
    resi's in the back
    new spring pack
    rear bumper
    whatever else comes my way or I stumble on to

How she sits as of 8/27/14:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The first day I picked her up......
    [​IMG]

First thing I did was put in a new stereo. Pioneer avh p2300 dvd player. Bypassed the parking break with a switch I hid in the change cup.
    [​IMG]

Then I decided it was time to put some 5100's up front at 2.5". Figured what the hell lets go all the way.
    [​IMG]

Then I figured I might as well do the bhlm. For those scared to do it...Its easy as hell, just takes time
    [​IMG]

After that its been alot of plastidip and paint. First the rear bumper. I took off the bumper, sanded it down, and
    painted it in a booth
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then the emblems got plastidipped...
    [​IMG]

Then the grill...
    [​IMG]

Then the wheels...
    [​IMG]

Then the dash kit and ac cluster got balcked out....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got an early birthday/late christmas present today! Throwing them on soon and then getting alignment
    [​IMG]

So it took me a couple weeks....but finally got my satoshi done!
    [​IMG]

Stock, and Satoshi
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sunday 4/1/12: Threw on the OME 885x's. Lifted her up and took off the wheels
    [​IMG]

Then took off the struts and took off the stock coils and moved it to sit at 0"
    [​IMG]

Threw the coils on and compressed them down. Then threw the hole assembly back on
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got 2.5" out of the 885x's with the bils set at 0". No problems with alignment with the stock UCA's.
    [​IMG]

Got some rear 5100's for cheap and threw them on, then a couple days later got crazy on the rear with some OMD special chevy 1 ton springs.
    Starting the day by tearing of the rear
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Old springs out
    [​IMG]

New spring in
    [​IMG]

Got rid of the bro lean and now sits about level. Ride is so much better. This is how the rear sits now.
    [​IMG]

Started on my light bar for behind my satoshi. Easy as hell. The bar was 20 bucks, and I cut it using a hack saw. Came out better than I thought it would
    [​IMG]

Got some lights from Micah, a local tw guy. Hella 500ff.
    [​IMG]

And mounted them up.

[​IMG]
    Got the bar painted and fit up
    [​IMG]

Then wired it all up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Custom fit light switch....fuck yeah
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Put the grille back on and turned that shit on.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picked up my pelfreybilt rear light bar and got started on priming and painting.

[​IMG]

Got some pro comp 55w lights for cheap as hell so I couldn't pass it up. Came with the wiring kit. Maybe led's in the rear one day. This will work for now.
    [​IMG]

Threw on the light bar and got it all wired up. Ran another relay and tapped into the existing add a fuse to run the rear lights
    [​IMG]

Got the switch done. Rear and front light switches
    [​IMG]

7/20/12 - Picked up my Pelfreybilt IFS skid plate this morning and got busy priming and painting
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I put another coat on and did a couple coats of rubberized Rustoleum on top and then installed it.
    [​IMG]

Picked up my wheels and tires from another member in LA on Sunday, Hankook Dynapro ATM's 265/75r16 on TRD Offroad wheels, then off course had to black out the wheels with black wheel paint.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Washed and Waxed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started my cb install today. Picked up a uniden 520xl at frys along with an antenna and other goodies.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mounted the antenna on my light bar. No spring.
    [​IMG]

Picked up an exhaust and tire carrier from Micah!
    Magnaflow Exhaust.
    [​IMG]

Tire carrier. Got some new tabs welded on
    [​IMG]

Got the Magnaflow installed on Friday 8/16. Sounds amazing!
    Big, ugly stock exaust
    [​IMG]
    Cut it out
    [​IMG]
    And had the Magnaflow welded in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sounds amazing! No highway drone, and its got a low nice tone outside the cabin.
    Installed my tire carrier today 8/20/12
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Picked up a set of LR UCA's for a great price
    [​IMG]
    Then the next day, Leo and I went to OMD's house for some early morning install
    [​IMG]
    Pulling the stock arms out
    [​IMG]
    and installing the Light Racing arms
    [​IMG]
    Everything in and ready to go.....but in desperate need of alignment
    [​IMG]
    After the alignment it drove like a new truck. The difference is amazing!
    Added some 1" spacers I got from John, but those will come off soon when I get my wheels
    [​IMG]
    And added some T-Rex eyelids I got from a TW member. New stance and eyelids
    [​IMG]
    And blacked out some of the trim. Make it stand out a little.
    [​IMG]
    Also got a toyota emblem for the grille, but I bought it broke for cheap, so Ill jb weld it and throw it on then Im painting the whole grille over.
    So after the shit paint I used on the grille horribly failed, I thought it was about time to paint it right and put the emblem on.
    Sanded
    [​IMG]
    Primed - 3 coats
    [​IMG]
    Paint - duplicolor BSP 3 coats
    [​IMG]
    Clear coat - 3 coats
    [​IMG]
    Jb welded the emblem, primed painted and clearcoated
    [​IMG]
    3M'd and screwed on, shit isnt going anywhere!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Got some Wheelers 16x8's. Kinda scratched up, but I plan on painting them. The front rubs on the caliper, so the 1" spacers stayed on for now.
    [​IMG]
    Went from this:
    [​IMG]
    To this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Happy happy

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  2. Mar 13, 2012 at 4:29 PM
    RockyMtnTRD

RockyMtnTRD Wanderlust.

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR
    hack job
    Nice truck man, aren't you moving out to Colorado in a little while?

3. Mar 13, 2012 at 4:32 PM
    dad32509

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
    5100's front and back, OME 885x's, LR UCA's, OMD rear springs, Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD, HVAC Green led's MOD, Blacked out bumper, Plastidip emblems, custom front tube bumper, 32" combo led bar, rigid duallys, otrattw switches, my own Satoshi grille, shorty antenna, Spyder LED halo headlights. csjumper2003 map/dome, 3rd brake, DTRL white/amber and parking LED's. Pelfreybilt IFS skid, Cab mount chop, sliders and rear light bar w/blitzpro 5LR dust light. Uniden CB, Magnaflow 18" exhaust, Rear tire carrier, sway bar removed, spidertrax 1.25" spacers, Wheelers 16" Alloys w/265/75r16 Goodyear DuraTracs
    Thanks! Yeah soon man.....SD is killing me. To damn expensive. We're thinking about moving next summer.

4. Mar 13, 2012 at 4:33 PM
    RockyMtnTRD

RockyMtnTRD Wanderlust.

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR
    hack job
    Yeah I hear ya, so summer of 2012 or 2013?

5. Mar 13, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    dad32509

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
  6. Mar 13, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    RockyMtnTRD

RockyMtnTRD Wanderlust.

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR
    hack job
    Nice, well do it asap man, Cali is shitty

7. Mar 13, 2012 at 5:04 PM
    dad32509

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
    I love cali, just hate the tax and expenses. All my paycheck goes to bills and taxes. Over it

8. Mar 19, 2012 at 3:34 PM
    dad32509

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
    Updated. Early birthday present! Cant wait to get them on

9. Mar 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM
    dad32509

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
    Satoshi on and love the look! cant wait to get some lights now.

10. Mar 30, 2012 at 8:47 AM
    Drummer0247

Drummer0247 International Jewel Thief

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Landcruiser
    Nice truck....just noticed your location says san diego/skyrim.....lol thats awesome....great game wife hated it at first but then it slowly sucked her in now she made her own character and is a qwesting fool.....

11. Mar 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM
    dad32509

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
    Thanks man! Shes a work in progress. Yeah damn Skyrim! Haha! Its a drug man. I did everything possible. I was carrying around 2 deadric war axes that did 279 damage each before I really started the main quest.

12. Apr 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    dad32509

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
    Updated with new 885x's thrown on over the weekend. Cant believe the difference in the ride

13. May 14, 2012 at 3:08 PM
    dad32509

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
    Threw on some steps! Thanks to Chris. Even the girlfriend likes em!

14. May 14, 2012 at 3:27 PM
    TacoLife08

TacoLife08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner TRD Rugged Trail SR5
    Camburg 4' Spindles, top plate spacers, 2" AAL, 285/75R/16 Terra Grapplers, Tinted Windows, Black Riveted Grille, Black Spyder Halo Healights/Tailights, FlowMaster 40 Exhaust, NFab Side Steps, Blacked out Skid Plate.
    ive been looking at all the different ways i can solve my chrome bumper crisis and plasti dipping has come to mind as an option. i think im reading correctly that yours is plasti dipped?? but yet it looks perfectly color matched? did u get the plasti dip to look glossy like that or is it actually color matched paint?

15. May 14, 2012 at 3:30 PM
    dad32509

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
    No didnt plastidip the bumper. My Dad painted his truck and had left over paint, so we took the bumper off, sanded all the chrome down, and painted it in a shop. If you go with plastidip it'll look flat black. I dont think they make a gloss plastidip. Another option is to get a trd sport color matched bumper if you wanna go that route

16. May 14, 2012 at 3:33 PM
    TacoLife08

TacoLife08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner TRD Rugged Trail SR5
    Camburg 4' Spindles, top plate spacers, 2" AAL, 285/75R/16 Terra Grapplers, Tinted Windows, Black Riveted Grille, Black Spyder Halo Healights/Tailights, FlowMaster 40 Exhaust, NFab Side Steps, Blacked out Skid Plate.
    i wouldnt mind buying the sport version bumper ... only, where can i find one? no internet search has gotten me to a black bumper. id even be ok with it being flat black.

17. May 14, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    dad32509

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
    Honestly plastidip is a cheap easy option, and I love the stuff. Holds up great and doesnt look bad at all. Or If you want a trd sport bumper you might wanna try trading with someone on here or craigslist. Never know. Some people like the chrome

18. May 14, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    ShadesOfGrey

ShadesOfGrey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Salem, OR
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB, TRD Sport 4x4, MGM
    TRD Cat-Back Exhaust, Airaid CAI, Pro Comp 3" Suspension Lift, 17" Moto Metal rims w/ 33" Pro Comp tires, Powder Coated Pro-Tech Headache Rack & Toolbox
    Good lookin truck man. What kind of tires ya planning on puttin on?

19. May 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    dad32509

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
    Thanks man. Think Im going to go with some treadwrights. Couple of the San Diego guys run em and they got nothing but good things to say. Going to go with some 285's all terrains.

20. May 14, 2012 at 3:50 PM
    ShadesOfGrey

ShadesOfGrey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Salem, OR
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB, TRD Sport 4x4, MGM
    TRD Cat-Back Exhaust, Airaid CAI, Pro Comp 3" Suspension Lift, 17" Moto Metal rims w/ 33" Pro Comp tires, Powder Coated Pro-Tech Headache Rack & Toolbox
    285's are a good size. Not a bad price on those, just checked em out.

Products Discussed in

To Top