Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

dad32509's Build. Blacked out

Old 03-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
Thinking of something clever
dad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
dad32509's Tacoma Gallery
Talking dad32509's Build. Blacked out

My blacked out project. Bought her March 12th 2011. Once I found tacoma world, it was all over.
2005 AC sr5 Prerunner V6 4.0

Current Mods:

Suspension:
Bilstein 5100's front and rear. Front set at 0"
OME 885x's
LR UCA's
OMD rear springs

Wheels and tires:
Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers
Wheelers wheels 16X8's
Goodyear DuraTrac 265/75r16

Exterior:
Shorty antenna
Pelfreybilt rear light bar
Pelfreybilt IFS skid plate
Pelfreybilt cab mount chop
Pelfreybilt sliders
My own Satoshi Grille
Plastidipped emblems
Painted rear bumper
Bed tire carrier
Custom made front 1 3/4" DOM .120 tube bumper (courtesy jeffz0rz)
1/4" Aluminum front skid
hi-lift mounted on rear light bar
Bed mat

Interior:
Uniden pro520xl cb connected to 4' antenna
Pioneer AVH p-2300DVD
Leather arm rest mod
On whenever reverse cam

Lighting:
csjumper2003 Cab led's, 3rd break led, DTRL Amber/White led's, parking led's and A/C led's
Hella 500FF converted to 6000K HID's from csjumper2003 behind grille SOLD!
HVAC green MOD
On rear light bar: 1 AVEC cree Pod and 1 blitzpro 5LR LED dust light
32" flood/spot led bar
2 rigid duallys
Spyder LED halo projector lights

Performance:
aFe stage 2 si CAI w/pro dry filter- GONE, back to stock oem
18" Magnaflow Exhaust

Future Mods:
Coilovers with resi's up front
resi's in the back
new spring pack
rear bumper
whatever else comes my way or I stumble on to

How she sits as of 8/27/14:

The first day I picked her up......

First thing I did was put in a new stereo. Pioneer avh p2300 dvd player. Bypassed the parking break with a switch I hid in the change cup.

Then I decided it was time to put some 5100's up front at 2.5". Figured what the hell lets go all the way.

Then I figured I might as well do the bhlm. For those scared to do it...Its easy as hell, just takes time

After that its been alot of plastidip and paint. First the rear bumper. I took off the bumper, sanded it down, and
painted it in a booth

Then the emblems got plastidipped...

Then the grill...

Then the wheels...

Then the dash kit and ac cluster got balcked out....

Got an early birthday/late christmas present today! Throwing them on soon and then getting alignment

So it took me a couple weeks....but finally got my satoshi done!

Stock, and Satoshi

Sunday 4/1/12: Threw on the OME 885x's. Lifted her up and took off the wheels

Then took off the struts and took off the stock coils and moved it to sit at 0"

Threw the coils on and compressed them down. Then threw the hole assembly back on

Got 2.5" out of the 885x's with the bils set at 0". No problems with alignment with the stock UCA's.

Got some rear 5100's for cheap and threw them on, then a couple days later got crazy on the rear with some OMD special chevy 1 ton springs.
Starting the day by tearing of the rear

Old springs out

New spring in

Got rid of the bro lean and now sits about level. Ride is so much better. This is how the rear sits now.

Started on my light bar for behind my satoshi. Easy as hell. The bar was 20 bucks, and I cut it using a hack saw. Came out better than I thought it would

Got some lights from Micah, a local tw guy. Hella 500ff.

And mounted them up.

Got the bar painted and fit up

Then wired it all up

Custom fit light switch....fuck yeah

Put the grille back on and turned that shit on.....

Picked up my pelfreybilt rear light bar and got started on priming and painting.

Got some pro comp 55w lights for cheap as hell so I couldn't pass it up. Came with the wiring kit. Maybe led's in the rear one day. This will work for now.

Threw on the light bar and got it all wired up. Ran another relay and tapped into the existing add a fuse to run the rear lights

Got the switch done. Rear and front light switches

7/20/12 - Picked up my Pelfreybilt IFS skid plate this morning and got busy priming and painting

I put another coat on and did a couple coats of rubberized Rustoleum on top and then installed it.

Picked up my wheels and tires from another member in LA on Sunday, Hankook Dynapro ATM's 265/75r16 on TRD Offroad wheels, then off course had to black out the wheels with black wheel paint.

Washed and Waxed

Started my cb install today. Picked up a uniden 520xl at frys along with an antenna and other goodies.

Mounted the antenna on my light bar. No spring.

Picked up an exhaust and tire carrier from Micah!
Magnaflow Exhaust.

Tire carrier. Got some new tabs welded on

Got the Magnaflow installed on Friday 8/16. Sounds amazing!
Big, ugly stock exaust

Cut it out

And had the Magnaflow welded in

Sounds amazing! No highway drone, and its got a low nice tone outside the cabin.
Installed my tire carrier today 8/20/12

Picked up a set of LR UCA's for a great price

Then the next day, Leo and I went to OMD's house for some early morning install

Pulling the stock arms out

and installing the Light Racing arms

Everything in and ready to go.....but in desperate need of alignment

After the alignment it drove like a new truck. The difference is amazing!
Added some 1" spacers I got from John, but those will come off soon when I get my wheels

And added some T-Rex eyelids I got from a TW member. New stance and eyelids

And blacked out some of the trim. Make it stand out a little.

Also got a toyota emblem for the grille, but I bought it broke for cheap, so Ill jb weld it and throw it on then Im painting the whole grille over.
So after the shit paint I used on the grille horribly failed, I thought it was about time to paint it right and put the emblem on.
Sanded

Primed - 3 coats

Paint - duplicolor BSP 3 coats

Clear coat - 3 coats

Jb welded the emblem, primed painted and clearcoated

3M'd and screwed on, shit isnt going anywhere!

Got some Wheelers 16x8's. Kinda scratched up, but I plan on painting them. The front rubs on the caliper, so the 1" spacers stayed on for now.

Went from this:

To this:

Happy happy
Old 03-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man, aren't you moving out to Colorado in a little while?
Old 03-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yeah I hear ya, so summer of 2012 or 2013?
Old 03-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
McBuckets
Nice, well do it asap man, Cali is shitty
Old 03-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
International Jewel Thief
Drummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Michael
Drummer0247's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck....just noticed your location says san diego/skyrim.....lol thats awesome....great game wife hated it at first but then it slowly sucked her in now she made her own character and is a qwesting fool.....
Old 05-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #14
TacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really nice
Air Force:
TacoLife08's Tacoma Gallery
ive been looking at all the different ways i can solve my chrome bumper crisis and plasti dipping has come to mind as an option. i think im reading correctly that yours is plasti dipped?? but yet it looks perfectly color matched? did u get the plasti dip to look glossy like that or is it actually color matched paint?
Old 05-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #15
Thinking of something clever
dad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
dad32509's Tacoma Gallery
No didnt plastidip the bumper. My Dad painted his truck and had left over paint, so we took the bumper off, sanded all the chrome down, and painted it in a shop. If you go with plastidip it'll look flat black. I dont think they make a gloss plastidip. Another option is to get a trd sport color matched bumper if you wanna go that route
Old 05-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
TacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really nice
Air Force:
TacoLife08's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldnt mind buying the sport version bumper ... only, where can i find one? no internet search has gotten me to a black bumper. id even be ok with it being flat black.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #18
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Good lookin truck man. What kind of tires ya planning on puttin on?
Old 05-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #20
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Thanks man. Think Im going to go with some treadwrights. Couple of the San Diego guys run em and they got nothing but good things to say. Going to go with some 285's all terrains.
285's are a good size. Not a bad price on those, just checked em out.