Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Kidd's 2012 SW build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #41
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I'll hopefully be black and bronze instead of black and chrome by this time next year, too bad I'm not on the islands or you're not mainland. That'd be a cool 2012 color combo. Cheers man
Old 03-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #42
S7ICK lVlAN is on a distinguished road
S7ICK lVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Kidd, HMU when you're coming down to the shop. I got the vinyl and shirts ready to print but I need your final sign off. PEACE NINJA!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #43
Goflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Goflight2's Tacoma Gallery
Super sick! Never thought of putting bronze wheels on white. I have 18's also, no rub. I do have the 5100's up front, though.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #44
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Buzzards - That's gonna be sick bro. I have a theme with this truck that may get kinda controversial, but I think it's gonna be pretty ill.

S7ICK! - Thanks bro, I was already on my way down when you posted that. I took care of it.

Goflight - Thanks brutha. Your truck is off the hook! Hopefully get my lift put on next weekend. This weekend got rescheduled unexpectedly.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:55 PM   #45
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
i like the bronze and white. Something you dont see everyday unless your looking at a subaru.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #46
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Love it man! Sleeeeek looking truck
Old 03-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #47
808Bradah is on a distinguished road
808Bradah's Tacoma Gallery
Mean build bro, Wea u get ur tires from? You got any night time pics of your head lights?
Old 03-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #48
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Frost - Thanks, yeah I come from a sports car background, so I may be employing some different ideas as the build progresses. Can't wait.....

Eagle - Mahalo my friend.

Braddah - Got the tires from Scot @ Goodyear Kaneohe. If you need some new tires, definitely hit him up and tell him Dave referred you. There's some good discounts going on at Goodyear right now and so far, I'm LOVING these Duratrac's. No pics of the headlights at night yet.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #49
KingRama4 is on a distinguished road
KingRama4's Tacoma Gallery
im planning on throwin my konigs on this week. u went without the center cap right? is the center normally black or did you have to color it? nice looking truck btw!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #50
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRama4 View Post
im planning on throwin my konigs on this week. u went without the center cap right? is the center normally black or did you have to color it? nice looking truck btw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
Thanks brutha Gus. Just an FYI, I had to paint my hubs since I didn't install the centercaps....was a little rusty. I cleaned and prepped before spraying high temp flat black.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #51
KingRama4 is on a distinguished road
KingRama4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
not recommended or what?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #52
Cpt. Bubbleguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRama4 View Post
not recommended or what?
Naw JDM was just pointing out that I had mentioned painting the hubs. They'll be rusty when you get the wheels off. Great time to utilize some steel wool/sand paper (depending on the severity of the rust), brake kleen, acetone wipe, and flat black the hubs.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #53
romermike is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
romermike's Tacoma Gallery
Sick truck! white with the gold rims looks awesome
Old 03-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #54
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Super White's FTMFW!

Where did you get that 3M carbon fiber wrap? Me want!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #55
Cpt. Bubbleguts

romer - Thanks brutha.

Tacomanator - Check out Amazon. Search for 3M Di-Noc wrap. Kinda pricey, so use it wisely. I'd recommend to keep a razor blade/exacto knife nearby along with a blow dryer/heat gun when you're working with the wrap. Good stuff. 3M warranties it.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #56
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ Cool thanks! What size sheet did you use? I pretty much wanna wrap everything that you did. I found a 12" x 48" sheet for $24.99.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #57
Cpt. Bubbleguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
^ Cool thanks! What size sheet did you use? I pretty much wanna wrap everything that you did. I found a 12" x 48" sheet for $24.99.
I bought (2) like that I think...either 12x48 or 15x48. I got the non-glossy version just to be clear.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
I bought (2) like that I think...either 12x48 or 15x48. I got the non-glossy version just to be clear.
Awesome, thanks! I'll be buying some soon. I might even buy enough to do my lower valance.

I think it would be cool if someone did a BHLM with this stuff, like instead of using paint, wrap it!

Products Discussed in this Thread