Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Kidd's 2012 SW build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #642
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
Homeslice Lucario - Still tearing it up with the nastiest 4Runner I see. Glad to see you my friend.
lol thanks still rocking my truck around getting ready for another track day. This time however Torspd will be joining me and racing his truck, so I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully I can take him in my truck around the track too.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #643
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
lol thanks still rocking my truck around getting ready for another track day. This time however Torspd will be joining me and racing his truck, so I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully I can take him in my truck around the track too.
Sounds like the makings of a very fun get together. Two of Toyota's best representing. Nice!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:10 PM   #644
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man! Im literally thinking of getting the exact same lift setup to replace my 3" Spacer lift. Except Im not sure if I would use a 1.5" or 2" AAL. How much lift did you get in front? and how does the truck ride? Thanks
Old 05-31-2013, 06:29 PM   #645
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtacoma88 View Post
Hey man! Im literally thinking of getting the exact same lift setup to replace my 3" Spacer lift. Except Im not sure if I would use a 1.5" or 2" AAL. How much lift did you get in front? and how does the truck ride? Thanks
It's a good lift. Not necessarily the best, but for the money....hard to beat. I got about 2.5" up front and 2" out back with the AAL. I didn't install the front spacers.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:32 PM   #646
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Hows the sound system?
Old 05-31-2013, 10:26 PM   #647
Cpt. Bubbleguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Hows the sound system?
I'm very pleased with it. I gotta go take some pics.....Gotta get myself a new copy of Photoshop first though.

Ample bass, the HyBrid's are killer clear, and getting used to all the perks of the new deck. I get excited everytime I gotta go drive somewhere again.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #648
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bastard.....

too much pizza for u
Old 10-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #650
Taco89 has a spectacular aura aboutTaco89 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nik
Taco89's Tacoma Gallery
Sick truck! Love the wheels. I was going to get those for my SW 2011 cuz i was in need for new tires but i traded it in last week for the 2013 model. guess i gotta wait a few more years now haha
Old 10-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #651
Third Shift
ThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura aboutThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura aboutThatguyJZ has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
ThatguyJZ's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck! Those valve covers look awesome, they remind me of S2000's and Audi's valve covers.

Do you have any photos of the Dog box?
Old 10-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #652
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #653
2intense is on a distinguished road

Name: charles
2intense's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. Well done. The hunting cage? Made it or bought?
Old 02-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #655
Deadeye71 is on a distinguished road
Marines: MSgt (Ret)
Deadeye71's Tacoma Gallery
Gorgeous Truck!! Just picked up a 2011 DBSB and was looking at the exact tire/wheel combo. Seeing your ride sealed the deal for me. I saw that you put them on before the lift. I know every truck is just a touch different but how bad was the rub? My truck is bone stock right now (just got last week) and still has the flaps on. Do I HAVE to pull them to be mobile? Not lazy, just in Chicago and with wind chill the temp is -13 degrees. Even in a detached garage working with tools in not fun, plus concerned about frozen parts and the potential for plastic to be brittle and shatter. Once again, classy truck!
Old 02-26-2014, 12:48 PM   #656
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Smile I try

OK, I skimmed thru and tried to answer some questions for dave since hes MIA.

ur questions I left in black font.
DAVES answers (found from other replies) are in RED font.... a lil confusing, but hey.... atleast I got some of u answers right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatguyJZ View Post
Great looking truck! Those valve covers look awesome, they remind me of S2000's and Audi's valve covers.

Do you have any photos of the Dog box?

man........ I looked thru his pics here and found nada, sorry.

but I did find this

http://cbcages.webs.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2intense View Post
Nice truck. Well done. The hunting cage? Made it or bought?
Quote:
The hunting cage was made by a guy in the Big Island to contain my dogs when we go hunting. The pig conveniently gets strapped to the top of it. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by yota4Whelz View Post
Where did you get the carbon fiber for the interior? Looks awesome
Quote:
I bought the *****Di-Noc***** from Amazon and did it myself. Not too hard.
Quote:
Check out Amazon. Search for 3M Di-Noc wrap. Kinda pricey, so use it wisely. I'd recommend to keep a razor blade/exacto knife nearby along with a blow dryer/heat gun when you're working with the wrap. Good stuff. 3M warranties it.
Quote:
I bought (2) sheets either 12x48 or 15x48. I got the non-glossy version just to be clear.
Quote:
Did a little more wrap today. Meh, came out ok....

Cutting out the shift gate (chrome liner) was not as tough as I thought it would be, but shaping the wrap around the contours of the piece proved to be a challenge. I really put some heat/work into the area just under the shift knob where it meets the lower portion of the center console. This is still the first roll of *******3M Di-Noc******** that I've used, so I would consider myself a noob. Love the look, maybe I'll re-visit and wrap it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye71 View Post
Gorgeous Truck!! Just picked up a 2011 DBSB and was looking at the exact tire/wheel combo. Seeing your ride sealed the deal for me. I saw that you put them on before the lift. I know every truck is just a touch different but how bad was the rub? My truck is bone stock right now (just got last week) and still has the flaps on. Do I HAVE to pull them to be mobile? Not lazy, just in Chicago and with wind chill the temp is -13 degrees. Even in a detached garage working with tools in not fun, plus concerned about frozen parts and the potential for plastic to be brittle and shatter. Once again, classy truck!

Quote:

Then came the BFD's and Duratrac's - 18x9 wrapped with 275/65-18. Minor trimming on the front flares (Stock height)

Quote:
Yes they did rub on the lower portion of the front fenders. I trimmed a couple inches off and it's good to go now. While I haven't had it OR, there is no rubbing on the street, even turning onto an incline.

since Dave probably wont be on here for a while...........IF he ever comes back, I figured Id help ya'll out.

I gotta get back to some paperwork......... this took a lil longer than I expected.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #657
Rcc is on a distinguished road
Rcc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Wheels/Tires:
FN BFD Wheels 18x9, 5" BS, 0mm Offset
Goodyear Duratrac 275/65-18
I have the same BFD wheels but I went w/ 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers; XL load not E load.

I've put a little over 30K miles on them in the past 2yrs. and as of a few week ago I have 7/32" of tread left (new is 13.6/32"), so slightly more than half left. I've noticed in the past few weeks though that they're not gripping as well in rain / dirt / dust. Sometimes my traction control will kick in for a split second if I punch it around a corner or from a dead stop. I've never lost control or have been in danger of loosing control but if they're acting like this now, they'll only get worse as they wear down...so even though tread wise they're holding up, grip wise they're not. Maybe I should've went w/ the "E" load (15.6/32") to get a little more mileage out of them before they started acting like this?

I've seen several other GX owners running Duratracs and they have nothing but great things so say about them but some are using them in the snow and there's no snow down here in central Florida. Seeing as you're in Hawaii, hot and rainy like down here in FL., how have your Duratracs been holding up? Did you go w/ the "SL" Standard Load or "E" load 285s?
Old 06-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #658
TacoScoob is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
TacoScoob's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice.

Products Discussed in this Thread