Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Kidd's 2012 SW build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Cool The S7ICKlVlAN 2012 SW build

Had an MGM 2009 DCSB till January of this year and traded it in for the SW 2012. I fell for the new front end on the 12's as soon as I saw them at the local dealership. Decided to do a few mods on this one....

Interior:
LED dome/Map LED's
3M Di-Noc wrap

Exterior:
BHLM
Slim Cubby HID's
LED's for lic, parking, DTRL, reverse, rear signal
20% Llumar tint
Black chrome TRD badges
Smoke tail lights
Painted calipers/drums

Suspension:
Bilstein 5100's
OME 885 springs
Toytec 2" AAL

Wheels/Tires:
FN BFD Wheels 18x9, 5" BS, 0mm Offset
Goodyear Duratrac 275/65-18

Sound:
Alpine INE-S920HD
Alpine PDX-5
Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5's F/R
Arc Audio 10"
Mr.Marv custom sub enclosure & amp rack

Misc:
Island Style hunting box
Fogs anytime mod
Pop N Lock PL8521
S2000 Antenna
Wrinkle red valve covers

Car Care:
Opti-Coat 2.0 Nano Sealant
Car Pro Eraser
G Techniq P1 Polish
303 Protectant/Fabric
BlackFire Tire Gel
Optimum No Rinse
IronX

Started with black chrome TRD emblems to replace the stock chrome badges

20% tint on the front and UV blocker clear for the privacy glass

Some Spidertrax 1.25" spacers for the stock wheels/tires (Came off with the new kicks)

Then the BHLM and grill emblem

3M Di-Noc CF wrap for the plain-jane black plastic bits

Slimcubby HID's for the headlights and CSJumper LED's throughout the truck

Then came the BFD's and Duratrac's - 18x9 wrapped with 275/65-18. Minor trimming on the front flares (Stock height)

Smoked/tinted tails & hunting cage

The lift will be going on in the very near future. Went with Bilstein 5100's all around from DSM, OME 885's/2" AAL/Top spacers from Toytec.....Pics soon!

Upcoming mods: Relentless Fab Sliders, LR or Camburg UCA's, URD after-cat, DTLT's, Leather interior, maybe the TRD SC, probably a few odds & ends along the way.....

Shout outs to DSM, Dustin & Brian @ FN Wheels, Scot @ Goodyear Windward, Toytec & the members on Tacoma World

New mods

Painted valve covers. Write up: HERE

Wrapped center console

Pics from the lift/caliper paint today....

URD TCAI

The results

Old 03-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Great start man, those rims on a white truck look amazing
Old 03-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah thats a nice truck. The 3M wrap is very cool.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #7
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
Had an MGM 2009 DCSB till January of this year and traded it in for the SW 2012. I fell for the new front end on the 12's as soon as I saw them at the local dealership. Decided to do a few mods on this one....

Started with black chrome TRD emblems to replace the stock chrome badges

20% tint on the front and UV blocker clear for the privacy glass

Some Spidertrax 1.25" spacers for the stock wheels/tires (Came off with the new kicks)

Then the BHLM and grill emblem

3M Di-Noc CF wrap for the plain-jane black plastic bits

Slimcubby HID's for the headlights and CSJumper LED's throughout the truck

Then came the BFD's and Duratrac's - 18x9 wrapped with 275/65-18. Minor trimming on the front flares (Stock height)

Smoked/tinted tails & hunting cage

The lift will be going on in the very near future. Went with Bilstein 5100's all around from DSM, OME 885's/2" AAL/Top spacers from Toytec.....Pics soon!

Upcoming mods: Relentless Fab Sliders, URD TCAI, URD after-cat, Leather interior, maybe the TRD SC, probably a few odds & ends along the way.....

Shout outs to DSM, CSJumper, Dustin & Brian @ FN Wheels, Scot @ Goodyear Windward, Toytec & the members on Tacoma World
Your truck is sick. Lovin those BFD
Old 03-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #8
S7ICK lVlAN is on a distinguished road
S7ICK lVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly what I want to do with mine. Lucky you're not rubbing the UCA's. Don't those BFD's have 5" back spacing? Must be close. Either way, sick build so far. Looking forward to seeing it after the lift.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #10
tacoontherock is on a distinguished road

tacoontherock's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck man. love the wheels. Always loved bronze wheels. Makes me wish i bought a black or white truck so i could rock the bronze but i got a mgm and dont think it would look to good. Anyway sweet truck cant wait to see it with the lift.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:48 AM   #11
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoontherock View Post
Sweet truck man. love the wheels. Always loved bronze wheels. Makes me wish i bought a black or white truck so i could rock the bronze but i got a mgm and dont think it would look to good. Anyway sweet truck cant wait to see it with the lift.
Mahalo's Tacoon. Hopefully we'll all get together for a cruise one of these days. Check back soon. Try to get the lift on next weekend.

Aloha!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #12
pringles808 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
pringles808's Tacoma Gallery
sick truck braddah Dave!

where'd you get those trd emblems from? i found the ones from china but little sketchy buying from those guys
Old 03-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #13
Cpt. Bubbleguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pringles808 View Post
sick truck braddah Dave!

where'd you get those trd emblems from? i found the ones from china but little sketchy buying from those guys
Majalo's bradda Mark. I got the emblems off ebay. I had to trim the grill emblem and take off the pins in the back and then add the 2-way tape. If you're gonna snatch um up from there, make sure to contact the seller and request door/trunk emblems in place of the grill emblem. I think I still got the info for the guy I bought from....I'll check.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #14
oneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oneshot808's Tacoma Gallery
got any night time pics of the front head lights with led? lol kinda curious on how that looks.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:19 AM   #15
Cpt. Bubbleguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshot808 View Post
got any night time pics of the front head lights with led? lol kinda curious on how that looks.
oneshot, the headlights are HID from Slim Cubby. The parking, reverse, license, dome, map lights are LED. The DTRL's are going in as soon as I figure out how to wire them in.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
How hard was it to install the vinyl on the interior parts? Sweet setup by the way!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #17
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #18
Cpt. Bubbleguts

Knine - Not too hard at all. Only thing you really gotta watch are the rounded edges. Either trim them flush or get your blow dryer/heat gun ready to try and mold the sharp edges created by folding the vinyl over. I folded mine, and it came out ok. The flat pieces are a piece of cake.

jdmdcfan - Thx brutha. I'm a big fan of your truck as well.

Products Discussed in this Thread