Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Rich's Long-ass-taco LT Build Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #21
Zlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant future

Name: Rich
Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
I talked with Tim at DMZ and AP as well about adding a second bypass and was told it will take alot of work to make it work properly because of the AP LCA design.

Reason I got rid of the AP kit was because it would not keep up with my rear LT setup and being able to add a bypass was also a plus.
Yeah, if it were boxed it would be easier, still going to make it work though.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:19 PM   #22
Zlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant future

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Selling Mid-Travel:
Buy Icons & TC UCA's
Old 04-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #23

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
Hey man! Saw your build and it's coming along nicely! Noticed you ran a few different set ups (Kings, Icons and AP LT)! I'm getting some Icons but down the road may get that AP kit! What's your feedback on the diff set ups? How did the Kings perform compared to Icon and how much better is the AP kit?

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

The Kings were good quality. They were 600 lb spring rate so a bit softer. I think they would be ideal for a dual shock setup, or a shock & bypass setup. The Icons are 650 lb springs and are really nice, and the 50lbs is noticeable. I would say quality is about equal. The Icons have a set screw on the collar and the Kings are a clamp style.

The AP kit is a whole different feel. I have not had a chance to really get out and work it over yet. My wife is pregnant and that takes priority right now. That being said, I can tell you there is a big difference in feel to the truck. The Front is more stable (wider) and at the same time softer than the Icons. The shocks (Fox's) are the same spring rate as the Icons but the wider stance gives the bumps more leverage or articulation for the same amount of spring movement.

So early review is possitive. I'll let you know more on that soon when I can get the truck out for a real workout.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:20 AM   #24
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info man! Lookin good!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #25
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
are you running the fender liner in the fiberglass fenders? to protect the intake
Old 04-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #26

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
are you running the fender liner in the fiberglass fenders? to protect the intake
Liners got trashed in pismo...

I just fiberglassed over the hole. Did the gaping openings going to the cab air box too. No water or dust issues now
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #27
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
you have a stock intake?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #28

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
you have a stock intake?
Sure do. Tried aftermarket, made zero power difference. All it did was make the engine sound more throaty.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #29

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Clarion CX501 install.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #30
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice. I've got a DCLB with a lot of parts on the way. Similar to this

Need more pics after the LT!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #31

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Very nice. I've got a DCLB with a lot of parts on the way. Similar to this

Need more pics after the LT!
Yeah, I need to do some pics. It's been rainy up here. Looks to be better this week. What are you doing to your DCLB?
Old 04-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #32
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Good lookin truck! I wish I could do the All pro kit.....
DCLB FTW!!!

Cant wait for some pics...
Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #33
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures don't do this truck justice. Thing is a monster.
My truck looked tiny parked next to it.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #34

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETaco23 View Post
Good lookin truck! I wish I could do the All pro kit.....
DCLB FTW!!!
Cant wait for some pics...
Thanks man, pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Pictures don't do this truck justice. Thing is a monster.
My truck looked tiny parked next to it.
You know what that means... Gussets and bracing time.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #35

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
So my alignment guy broke the LCA cam tabs during the last alignment. So I decided to start replacing them.

Here I have chiseled off the old tabs and prepped the surface for welding.

Here is the Total Chaos tabs welded on.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #36
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlagger View Post
Yeah, I need to do some pics. It's been rainy up here. Looks to be better this week. What are you doing to your DCLB?
Check my build thread sir!

I like the cam tabs. In going to run a bead of weld behind mine tomorrow to strengthen them up. I'll see how that works.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #37

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Check my build thread sir!

I like the cam tabs. In going to run a bead of weld behind mine tomorrow to strengthen them up. I'll see how that works.
I would cut some 3/16 thick edge tabs and weld those as supports to the factory tabs
Old 06-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #38
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Here, lemme help you with that:

Old 06-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #39

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Here, lemme help you with that:

Yeah no kidding. Didn't wear ear protection so I had a headache just from the metal ringing.

Did you make the big move yet?
Old 06-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #40
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah no kidding. Didn't wear ear protection so I had a headache just from the metal ringing.

Did you make the big move yet?
Yep.
Moved yesterday, unloaded today.
TW members helped load and unload. It was a think of beauty.

Products Discussed in this Thread