Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Rich's Long-ass-taco LT Build Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
Zlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant future

Name: Rich
Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Rich's Long-ass-taco LT Build Thread

Major rebuild in progress! For newest pics head to the last few pages of the thread.

2010 Tacoma DBLC LB

Just finishing up All-Pro LT install:

Mid-Travel:
King COs, TC UCA, Rear AAL
Old 03-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Sick
Old 03-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Zlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant future

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
Sick
Thanks. It's a hell of a job when you do it by yourself. 17 hrs.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
so sick
Old 03-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Nicely done Rich!!!!
Looks like you had to cut off the old resi mounts. I hope they were a PITA to get off
Old 03-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #6

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Nicely done Rich!!!!
Looks like you had to cut off the old resi mounts. I hope they were a PITA to get off
They were so bent & messed up after the Pismo trip, I ground them off just shortly afterwards
Old 03-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #7

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery

On order!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
you're ordering shock hoops? I didn't know all-pro made a kit that can run secondary shocks lol.

great looking truck by the way. nicely done Rich.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #9

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
you're ordering shock hoops? I didn't know all-pro made a kit that can run secondary shocks lol.

great looking truck by the way. nicely done Rich.
Thanks....

The shock hoops are to initially reinforce the coil bucket, but I'm definitely welding some tabs on the LCAs. I'll prob be the first AP kit running bypasses.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #10
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlagger View Post
Thanks....

The shock hoops are to initially reinforce the coil bucket, but I'm definitely welding some tabs on the LCAs. I'll prob be the first AP kit running bypasses.
oh okay gotcha! that'll be pretty sweet dude
Old 03-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #12

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe911 View Post
That's a good looking truck...great build
Thanks Bro
Old 03-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #13
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
So sweet. Do you have any pics of it not on the jack? Im curious to know how much taller it is than your midtravel set up.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #14

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntnTruk View Post
So sweet. Do you have any pics of it not on the jack? Im curious to know how much taller it is than your midtravel set up.
Just went on Vacation, so I didn't have time to shoot any more pics yet. It's the same height as before though. I didn't preload the suspension too much. CV angles are much improved.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #15
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
dope looks good with the bumper
Old 03-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #16
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #17
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks....

Truck looks good man. I thought about doing the second bypass when I had the AP kit but I was told it might not work well. So I just dropped the project and looked for another kit. GL with your project can't wait to see it and you are for sure the first person I know that will have a second shock with the AP kit.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #18

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
dope looks good with the bumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Looks good.
Thanks guys
Old 03-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #19

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
Truck looks good man. I thought about doing the second bypass when I had the AP kit but I was told it might not work well. So I just dropped the project and looked for another kit. GL with your project can't wait to see it and you are for sure the first person I know that will have a second shock with the AP kit.
Just curious what the reason was that it might not work well?

So did you get rid of your AP kit just to get bypasses?
Old 03-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #20
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just curious what the reason was that it might not work well?

So did you get rid of your AP kit just to get bypasses?
I talked with Tim at DMZ and AP as well about adding a second bypass and was told it will take alot of work to make it work properly because of the AP LCA design.

Reason I got rid of the AP kit was because it would not keep up with my rear LT setup and being able to add a bypass was also a plus.

Products Discussed in this Thread