Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The Dark Knight Build

Old 12-18-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
The Dark Knight Build

started here, March 12 2005.

By the end of the year the 3" lift and Nitto TG's were on.
Spring 2006 I added a Bestop and factory steps to get to my Yakima roof rack.

Mid-Summer 2006 added the N-Fab light bar and PIAA 510 fog's and 520 SMR driving lights.

Spring 2007 added the TRD exhaust and TRD intake.

Stripped pin-stripes

Spring 2008 Extang Solid fold (complements of Extang), Airaid Poweraid TBS (complements of Airaid) ps cant tell its there much besides a little throttle response from a dead stop to about 15 mph.

Jvc AVX 810 dvd touch screen w/ XM

Fog light mod, driving light mod, Black headlight mod and factory light switches for the PIAA's

Scanguage II on blendmount (sorry no pic right now)
Decals Designed with sockmonkey's help.

the last mod up to now was SpiderTrax Spacers and TC UCA's.

Good by N-Fab light bar

1MwVJ
Old 12-18-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I love the light bar man!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Sweet ass ride man! Nice decision on the pin stripes...

Next mod? Dump the spacer lift and go with the OME setup or coilovers and billys...
thanks! most likely the Toytec setup I like it alot, Thats what your riding on right? you like the ride?
Old 12-18-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Ride is looking good we chose the same switches for our exterior lights. Gotta love BSP!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
most likely the Toytec setup I like it alot, Thats what your riding on right? you like the ride?
Yep, that's what I've got.

I've never had a spacer lift so I can't compare it to that, but it rides a little firmer than stock, but very nice. I'm very pleased with it!

The only thing that worries me is something going wrong one day because I installed it myself...
Old 12-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
East Bound and Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
I love the soft top, how do you like it? how much for that bad boy.
best investment on the truck. i have used that top for so many different things and activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Ride is looking good we chose the same switches for our exterior lights. Gotta love BSP!
F yea Black is my favorite on a truck. 3 of 4 of my vehicles have been black.

Quote:
Yep, that's what I've got.

I've never had a spacer lift so I can't compare it to that, but it rides a little firmer than stock, but very nice. I'm very pleased with it!

The only thing that worries me is something going wrong one day because I installed it myself...
sweet, good to know. The spacer lift was close to the only option back in late 2005 and it rides a little stiffer then stock also. The TC uca's made the ride even better though. Dont worry about your install I did mine too, hasn't fallen apart yet!! (knock on wood)
Old 12-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
My 2001 camry is black good taste man!
Old 12-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #13
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice build, I use to have the spacer lift and am now running the toytec coilovers, I really like them its like night and day over the spacer lift,Nice work
Old 12-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #14
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I'm loving that light bar!
Old 01-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #15
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
OK, maybe Im showing off my neub skills. What are the wheel spacers for? Use stock rims and wider tires? I am interested in keeping my stock wheels for now, but looking into bigger tires and lift. What are your thoughts? I dont want to spend the money on UCAs.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:08 AM   #16
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboytacoma24 View Post
OK, maybe Im showing off my neub skills. What are the wheel spacers for? Use stock rims and wider tires? I am interested in keeping my stock wheels for now, but looking into bigger tires and lift. What are your thoughts? I dont want to spend the money on UCAs.
The spacers ARE to accomodate wider tires from hitting the UCAs. The backspacing on stock rims (so I've heard on this site) is ~5.5". Most aftermarket rims are ~4.5". So, the spacers Dark Knight and I got were 1.25" SpiderTrax. It essentially pushes the wheel out more.

And UCAs are replaced mainly to correct alignment issues after lifting the truck. There might be a couple of tire clearance issues with the stock UCAs, but they're mostly replaced to correct alignment problems.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:16 AM   #17
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The spacers ARE to accomodate wider tires from hitting the UCAs. The backspacing on stock rims (so I've heard on this site) is ~5.5". Most aftermarket rims are ~4.5". So, the spacers Dark Knight and I got were 1.25" SpiderTrax. It essentially pushes the wheel out more.

And UCAs are replaced mainly to correct alignment issues after lifting the truck. There might be a couple of tire clearance issues with the stock UCAs, but they're mostly replaced to correct alignment problems.
OK, that does clear it up. I am planning on keeping the stock rims for the time being and want to do a lift and when it comes times for new tires, Ill go bigger.
What size tires do you have and did you have to do any trimming with the add of the spacers?
Old 01-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboytacoma24 View Post
OK, that does clear it up. I am planning on keeping the stock rims for the time being and want to do a lift and when it comes times for new tires, Ill go bigger.
What size tires do you have and did you have to do any trimming with the add of the spacers?
I have 285/75/16s. I had to do some minor trimming, but the dremel made it a sinch!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:51 AM   #20
East Bound and Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevigee View Post
I see you put Nitto TG's on your truck. How many miles do you have on them and how are they wearing? Any issues? Your trucks looking good!
The Nitto's are great so far. about 4000 miles untill they have 30000 on them. I am predicting I'll get 35000-40000 miles on them depending on money and tire deals at the end of 2009 summer.